No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Vixen in Violet View Post
    Oh, wow. I haven't been on this site in years. I actually recognize some of your usernames here, though I haven't the faintest idea what I used to say here. I'm kind of afraid to go looking for my old posts.

It randomly occurred to me to check if Stargate's fandom was still alive. I stopped being interested after Universe aired, and I had no idea if anything relating to the old shows happened after that.

So, is Sparky still a thing? Are people still writing fics? It's been ages since I've watched either SG-1 or Atlantis, so I don't even know what I can talk about anymore, lol.
    Hiya, and welcome back! Yep, we're still here, though things have slowed down a bit. That seems to be true for most of the fandom due to the lack of new canon for so long.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    Hi, there! Nice to meet you! We've managed to stay on page one of the SGA Relationship page, so I guess we're more alive than some others. A lot of us are here more in spirit than in reality due to reality, but there's still some fics. I usually see a lot of Sparky on Tumblr too. We love talking about the good ol' days and reminiscing about the original seasons. 1-3, I mean.
    Yeah, I'd say we're not doing too badly.

And yay for your Persuasion AU! Any chance you'll also be posting it to an archive like Ao3? Once the story's complete, it might be useful to have it somewhere that readers won't have to scroll through pages of messages to get to each chapter.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I've made it to TLG in my rewatch and *sigh* "you're a hopeless romantic, you know" and her "you are too or you wouldn't have agreed to do this" and Carson, Caldwell and McKay's reactions to the kiss.

How did I forget about all of this!?!?
      My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the shoutout, mandogater! How you doing?
        You're welcome, SW.

Other than my muse still being AWOL I can't complain. How about you?

Originally posted by Vixen in Violet View Post
        Thanks for the welcome back! Wow, Rising sounds cool. I'll look into it. It's good to see the ship still sailing after all this time.
        You're welcome, Vixen in Violet.

Rising is really good. The few I've managed to read rated right up there with episodes of the show, IMHO. However, being an uncle for the first time and going from minion to boss at work have left me little time or energy for reading fic lately. So I'm really behind.
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
          Rising is really good. The few I've managed to read rated right up there with episodes of the show, IMHO. However, being an uncle for the first time and going from minion to boss at work have left me little time or energy for reading fic lately. So I'm really behind.
          That's okay, because I'm REALLY behind in getting this next episode finished. *hangs head in shame*

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
          I've made it to TLG in my rewatch and *sigh* "you're a hopeless romantic, you know" and her "you are too or you wouldn't have agreed to do this" and Carson, Caldwell and McKay's reactions to the kiss.

Maybe watching a few of the 'oldies but goodies' will entice my muses to return so I can finish the SGA Rising episode...
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              That's okay, because I'm REALLY behind in getting this next episode finished. *hangs head in shame*

Maybe watching a few of the 'oldies but goodies' will entice my muses to return so I can finish the SGA Rising episode...
              That's okay. I'm sure we'll all forgive you this one time.

That sounds like a good idea. Maybe I should try that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                SGA fandom lives on through McShep if Livejournal is anything to go by... which became frighteningly clear during the sign-up period for the last ever SGA_santa fic exchange (for which you can still sign up).

But we're still here... so I guess we're still talking.
                And we've still got plenty of sugar for our resident Lemming. *sets down saucer of sugar*

Hiya, and welcome back! Yep, we're still here, though things have slowed down a bit. That seems to be true for most of the fandom due to the lack of new canon for so long.

Yeah, I'd say we're not doing too badly.

And yay for your Persuasion AU! Any chance you'll also be posting it to an archive like Ao3? Once the story's complete, it might be useful to have it somewhere that readers won't have to scroll through pages of messages to get to each chapter.
                Yes, I definitely will be! It may be time for me to bite the bullet and finally join AO3. Don't know why I've been resisting...

Originally posted by drewandian View Post

Sounds like it's time for a Top Ten Sparky Rewatch! Which I would totally love to do if I had any spare time. Working two jobs sucks.

You're welcome, SW.

Other than my muse still being AWOL I can't complain. How about you?
                To quote from a song by The Script, "I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing." I didn't think life could get any crazier, and then it turns around on you and says, "Oh, yeah it can. Watch this."

You're welcome, Vixen in Violet.

I must have missed that! Glad things are stable on the job front!

*delivers 20 lbs bag of carrots for the fic bunnies*

Comment

So I'm doing the artwork challenge on my iPad at work and I found this ol' thing that I made a while back:

#SGARisingFTW

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

That's okay. I'm sure we'll all forgive you this one time.

That sounds like a good idea. Maybe I should try that too.

Yes, I definitely will be! It may be time for me to bite the bullet and finally join AO3. Don't know why I've been resisting...
                    Doooo iiittttttt.....

Sounds like it's time for a Top Ten Sparky Rewatch! Which I would totally love to do if I had any spare time. Working two jobs sucks.

To quote from a song by The Script, "I'm still alive but I'm barely breathing." I didn't think life could get any crazier, and then it turns around on you and says, "Oh, yeah it can. Watch this."
                    Gah!

*delivers 20 lbs bag of carrots for the fic bunnies*
                    *starts making carrot cake*

So I'm doing the artwork challenge on my iPad at work and I found this ol' thing that I made a while back:

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...psacea13af.jpg

#SGARisingFTW
                    It'll NEVER be over! *shakes fist and laughs maniacally*

Comment

So I'll PM this soon, but here's my submission for the 7in7 art challenge.

If anybody wants to use any of the icons I've made (or will make), here's the link to the folder: SW's Atlantis Icons
                      Last edited by ShipperWriter; 03 October 2014, 04:48 AM.

Comment

I must have missed that! Glad things are stable on the job front!
                        If you don't say or think things like that maybe they won't happen. *crosses fingers and toes*

Thanks!

#SGARisingFTW
                        I love it!!!!!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Man, I tell you what, iOS 8 is wreaking havoc with the text boxes on my iPad... But on the plus side, my battery life has significantly improved.

Doooo iiittttttt.....

*starts making carrot cake*

It'll NEVER be over! *shakes fist and laughs maniacally*
                          I should, I know. I just don't like change. But maybe reposting some old fics would motivate my muses. I am getting more done with "Persuasion" but it's so long that it's at home on my MacBook. I'll work on it tonight after work.

If you don't say or think things like that maybe they won't happen. *crosses fingers and toes*

Thanks!

I love it!!!!!!
                          Aw, thanks! Next to the Ohana picture, it's one of my favorites that I've edited.

Comment

We are Ohana!
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              We are Ohana!

Comment

Sparky pic!spam!!!

(I feel like some of these pictures need a really snarky caption to go with them. Anybody up for the challenge?)

Comment

Working...
                                X