Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    Same here. My only concern is the flames that were coming out of the still standing silos today. The firefighters delt with it but smoke was still coming from them when I left today. Makes me wonder if I'll have a building to work in tomorrow.
    *gulps nervously*
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Spotting SG-1 and SGA actors is also a good drinking game. They are all over the place.

Lately, I have been watching House Hunters and other type shows and devising in my head a good drinking game. They all want "open concept" space for "entertaining" and an "en suite" master and a large yard. Bonus points for "character" and "updated".
        Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        When a rich couple complains about a paint color... take a drink.

Or I love it when a house is like 3000 sq. feet and they say it's small.
        Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Don't forget about the all-important discussion about converting that extra bedroom into a "man cave."

Popcorn ceilings!
        sigpic
        sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

*gulps nervously*
          Well no more fire and all the buildings were still standing when I left. Just had to deal with the smell of burnt popcorn all day.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
            Popcorn ceilings!
            Hi you. Came back for the important discussion I see. Heh.

My parents' house has popcorn ceilings. OMG. Don't ever try to paint one of those. Very common in the 70s.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
              Popcorn ceilings!
              Hey there! Long time, no see!

Speaking of popcorn...

Well no more fire and all the buildings were still standing when I left. Just had to deal with the smell of burnt popcorn all day.
              Ewww. One of the saddest and most nose-crinkling smells in the world. All that ruined popcorn.

Hi you. Came back for the important discussion I see. Heh.

My parents' house has popcorn ceilings. OMG. Don't ever try to paint one of those. Very common in the 70s.
              Ugh, the 70s had such awful design features. Avocado green shag carpets, anyone?

Comment

At the Maldron Hotel at Dublin Airport... Flight home leaves at 6:40 tomorrow morning. Have to get up around 4am-ish... that's going to be painful.

But I just found a leaflet about a Game of Thrones tour to the setting that serves as Winterfell. Must keep that safe for next time I return here.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Ewww. One of the saddest and most nose-crinkling smells in the world. All that ruined popcorn.

Ugh, the 70s had such awful design features. Avocado green shag carpets, anyone?
                  Still trying to forget about that horrid smell.

On top of that people had to remind me that since the back wall had blown out as well, I could have been dodging shrapnel if the blast had gone a different direction.

Please tell me your joking about the bolded part, SK. Not sure I could handle seeing that in a house.

Comment

On top of that people had to remind me that since the back wall had blown out as well, I could have been dodging shrapnel if the blast had gone a different direction.

Please tell me your joking about the bolded part, SK. Not sure I could handle seeing that in a house.
                    Oh young one, sadly she is not joking. And we had appliances to match. Or you could choose harvest gold appliances and do up your place with orange or red accents. In our first house on the Marine base, Mr. SR and I had the green shag rug, a green couch, orange/yellow plaid chairs and orange curtains. After you vacuumed the rug, you had to rake it with a special rake to make the fibers all stand up. Good times. I wonder what happened to my rake.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      At the Maldron Hotel at Dublin Airport... Flight home leaves at 6:40 tomorrow morning. Have to get up around 4am-ish... that's going to be painful.
                      Ugh, I can't stand early wake-up times, it totally throws my body clock off.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      But I just found a leaflet about a Game of Thrones tour to the setting that serves as Winterfell. Must keep that safe for next time I return here.
                      Sweet! Hopefully the tour will still be going when you return!

Oh young one, sadly she is not joking. And we had appliances to match. Or you could choose harvest gold appliances and do up your place with orange or red accents. In our first house on the Marine base, Mr. SR and I had the green shag rug, a green couch, orange/yellow plaid chairs and orange curtains. After you vacuumed the rug, you had to rake it with a special rake to make the fibers all stand up. Good times. I wonder what happened to my rake.

Yup, my parents' first house had that stuff in it when they bought it. Needless to say, they ripped it out ASAP to find some lovely hardwood floors underneath. We still had a few scraps of the carpet for a while to cushion heavy stuff out in the garage, and Mom and Dad still tell horror stories about how hideous that stuff was.

Good thing the Ancients never had such awful interior decorating sense, eh? Can you just imagine trying to rip out shag carpet for an entire city the size of Manhattan? Yikes!

Comment

Ugh, I can't stand early wake-up times, it totally throws my body clock off.
                        And add that one extra hour you loose cause of time differences. I don't think it'll be very late tonight for me.

Sweet! Hopefully the tour will still be going when you return!
                        Oh, I don't think that will be a problem seeing we'll probably return somewhere around April 2015. Summer will most likely be spend in the UK again, and Roumania. But april's still wide open.

Good thing the Ancients never had such awful interior decorating sense, eh? Can you just imagine trying to rip out shag carpet for an entire city the size of Manhattan? Yikes!
                        They would hire a carpet-ripping team -- or those who misbehave will get send to do carpet-ripping time.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Oh my goodness, it's my con buddy Irish Eyes! I've missed you!!!!!!!!

And I will admit that my den (that was a converted garage in the early 80's) still has a popcorn ceiling.

This house was my parent's house that they bought in 1955. You can tell what decade each room was decorated by the colors. I just haven't had the ambition to fix up all the stuff. While it is really great to get a house that is all paid off, there's the history of 8 different people who lived in this house (grandma, mom, dad, aunt, 3 siblings, and me). There's stuff from all of them in various corners of this house. It's frankly overwhelming to try to redo anything.

Comment

Hey ya

So good to be here again!
                            I came just to share a little moment of joy I had yesterday, while having my SGA fix on Youtube :
                            On the "Related" column, among all the sparky vids, I noticed an old favorite called "Big Iron" (a Shep/Kolya vid). I was like "huh? what it's doing in here, since it's not sparky?" and for the first time I noticed that the author is "southernred" (although I've seen the vid lots of times!)
                            You can bet that I've got instantly bright eyes / bushy tail and start digging through her vids (I just hope it's our Southern Red !)
                            I liked all of them, because all of them told heartfelt stories with some beautiful pieces of music in the background (and god knows how many sparky vids I wasn't able to finish just because i didn't liked the music) but three of them really stood out for me (along with the after-mentioned Big Iron):
                            - "Night Owl" - the story was great and cohesive and matched perfectly the song (a song I didn't hear before, but I'm loving it now) - I really loved how that F302 was "waltzing" in the sky!
                            - "I Will Dream": that song was really a grower for me, and once I got pass the cheesy lyrics I saw the true sadness of the story; it hit me real hard
                            - "Bad Year In Pegasus Galaxy": wow! what a great rhythm! this vid grabs you and not let you go until you see it again and again..

So, for the last two days I played that clips on repeat and can't get enough.
                            If these are yours, SR, all my praises for you - those are the work of an artist, not just pictures put together on music
                            sigpic

Comment

Boy am I glad I was born at the end of the 70's. Seeing a house like you and SK have mentioned might make my eyes bleed.

Yup, my parents' first house had that stuff in it when they bought it. Needless to say, they ripped it out ASAP to find some lovely hardwood floors underneath. We still had a few scraps of the carpet for a while to cushion heavy stuff out in the garage, and Mom and Dad still tell horror stories about how hideous that stuff was.

I know. Still don't want to think about it.

Could you imagine Elizabeth using that as a punishment. Wonder how many towers Kavanaugh would of had to tackle by himself.
                              Last edited by mandogater; 17 August 2014, 12:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by ajay View Post
                                Hey folks, would like to ask your honest opinion about something:

Had Atlantis survived in the Pegasus Galaxy, had Elizabeth survived, do you think she and John could have really sustained a relationship? She's the boss and he's a subordinate and even though there are technically no rules against it, they are required to work together under very stressful conditions. In a similar real-life situation, most would say it's an extraordinarily bad idea. Things could go south very quickly if the relationship soured.

So taking away your ship-colored glasses for a few moments, what do you think?
                                (I wanted to answer to this back then, but I couldn't find enough time/energy to do it; and, anyway, many posters already expressed my thoughts, and using a better English).
                                Now I have time and will to post, so my opinion is: no (at least not in that environment)
                                I doubt that any of them would have made the first step and declare their feelings, despite being extremely attracted of each other. He wouldn't dare to dream that a woman like her (a women involved in high politics and a true lady) could love him, and she couldn't afford to show any weakness for anyone of her team (and thus having her motives and reasons questioned)
                                IMO, the "lady and the tramp" story (as I like to label their ship) works great if the two of them are taken out of the establishment. Put them in an unfamiliar environment, where the old restraints disappear and they have to rely on each other, and you have ignited "the bomb".

(*cries for Liz ; and for SGA*
                                Last weeks I perused the thread in a masochistic attempt to see the shippers reactions to her departure..
                                Boy, that was hard to read..)

But I found also great great stuff. Like the pages around the Valentine Day 2011, where we see how do we know that Shep and Kolya are in love and Shep had all kind of weird motives for his actions (wanting Niam's hair, for example)
                                http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/5...hread/page5343
                                (to remember how glorious this thread was :-) )

Good night, dears :-*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X