Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Another busy busy day is ahead for me, how are all of you?
    Hola, SK ! *waves back* It's good to see you on the barricades!
    For me, the busy day ended right now, as I intend to hit the sac, but I can't see any improvement for the next days/weeks (as the volume of work became infernal this summer and the girl who is supposed to help me was relocated to another dept.) So I'm working "from seven to eleven" (not quite, but from 8 am to at least 9 pm every day, plus as many hours as I can in the weekends). Without the hope that I will get that assistant, i would have quit, probably, this spring. But you know, a dangling carrot is a powerful thing..
    So now I'm on the net because I just had dinner and I can't sleep right after it. (in fact I visit this place quite often, but most of the time posting in English is too tiring)
    But I like reading about what's everybody up to.
    On a high note, last week I managed to take two days off (I won't tell the "price") and went to my favorite mountains. I saw and touched snow in July , and I saw, also, the most magic view: all the versants were covered with blossomed pink rhododendrons
    Spoiler:

Something like this (when I'll figure out how to download pics on this old computer maybe 'll post some of my own)
    https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...axoVgxxCbCSpZi

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...YNjnb2qfX3kw7O

On the low note, I realized that I'm not twenty anymore, and it's not funny to waste a day from the "mini-vacation" because you can't get up from the bed after an 11 hours march.

Nighty night! (whoa, almost 1 AM!)
    sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

There is so much I want to comment on since my last post, but I am pressed for time today, so a posting bump and dump will have to suffice unfortunately

So. The day I dreaded has finally arrived.

http://sfdebris.com/videos/stargate/atls1e1.php
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          There is so much I want to comment on since my last post, but I am pressed for time today, so a posting bump and dump will have to suffice unfortunately

I don't know what you dreaded exactly, but I stopped at a certain point in the second part when I started to heave uncontrollably. I've had enough of that nonsense for a lifetime. *shudders*
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

zbir, you definitely had a busy but fun day!

Originally posted by ajay View Post
            This day is driving me absolutely balmy. I'm so frustrated with the world I feel like my head is going to explode. So I'm going to the gym to take it out on some weights.

Today is definitely a "Screw the Angst" day.
            Ouch! Sorry to hear the day didn't go so well.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            I don't know what you dreaded exactly, but I stopped at a certain point in the second part when I started to heave uncontrollably. I've had enough of that nonsense for a lifetime. *shudders*
            *shudders with you* I noticed a link on that page to a similar video for Babylon 5. Didn't look at it, but I live in fear of what they might have done with my beloved classic.

I'll have to check out that library app when I have a chance.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Howdy all! Welcome back to a few of you.

Oh dear. *raises hand* The sunburn queen here from a very young age. I always forget sunscreen and am always sorry later. I had a friend in college who called it getting "lobsterized."
              My sister always made fun of me, calling me an albino who turns into a lobster. (But who's the one who has had skin cancer removed already? *hint - not me* ).

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I rarely burn, and when I do it'll tan later...
              Blaaaaaaa!

Oh dear. Then I refuse to view it. No need to get myself annoyed.

Comment

What happens in the vid?
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  What happens in the vid?
                  "unresolved sexual tension" LOL
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

"unresolved sexual tension" LOL
                    Oh... ...right...

Comment

Not busy. It's a rainy day, and I have little to do. I may just read all day. BTW, if any of you are readers, try the app "Overdrive." You can check out books from your local library. I checked and there are nearly 6000 books available now from my library. Plus you can reserve books that aren't available right away. Heaven for a reader who doesn't like to pay those large ebook prices. You can read them in your browser or download to your Kindle app. End of commercial.
                      I think my local library has that, too, but I keep forgetting to do that. I probably would've read many more books this summer if I'd done that.

Originally posted by ajay View Post
                      This day is driving me absolutely balmy. I'm so frustrated with the world I feel like my head is going to explode. So I'm going to the gym to take it out on some weights.

Today is definitely a "Screw the Angst" day.
                      Sorry... we've all had days like that.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                      You know it!!!

I trust y'all enough to stay away from that.

*shudders with you* I noticed a link on that page to a similar video for Babylon 5. Didn't look at it, but I live in fear of what they might have done with my beloved classic.

I saw it said "Opinionated Stargate Review" and knew it wasn't going to be good...

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      Howdy all! Welcome back to a few of you.

My sister always made fun of me, calling me an albino who turns into a lobster. (But who's the one who has had skin cancer removed already? *hint - not me* ).
                      I've been using aloe and neem lotion since I got burned, and my shoulders just started peeling today. In any case, I look so much better than a friend of mine who didn't use any sunblock at all. He's literally two-tone right now.

Bought a ton of stickers online for various fandoms and am now working on a scrapbook while watching Netflix. And crud, I have laundry in the dryer. Later.

*zips out*

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                        Bought a ton of stickers online for various fandoms and am now working on a scrapbook while watching Netflix. And crud, I have laundry in the dryer. Later.

*zips out*
                        Ooh, watcha watching on Netflix? I think Netflix is the best invention ever. Waaaay better than the mousetrap.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                          I've been using aloe and neem lotion since I got burned, and my shoulders just started peeling today. In any case, I look so much better than a friend of mine who didn't use any sunblock at all. He's literally two-tone right now.
                          My sister used to sit out in the pool all day with suntan lotion. Not sunscreen. Actual oil in order to bake herself. While her complexion is much darker than mine, she's still paying for all the years of that now.

When I was younger I would get lobster red, have horrible pain to the point where I would put ice on my skin, and then peel like crazy. I even got sun poisoning once. (ps - it's not pleasant). I haven't let the sun really touch me in like 20 years now. I even wear a hat when I go swimming.

Thanks for the advice about SG-1, everyone.
                          Last edited by JT-2; 10 July 2014, 06:57 PM.

Comment

Ahhh I can't wait til I can have an actual life again!!! Between work, school, and kids we've been really busy 'round here!

I only have time to pop on now before bed because I've been able to work ahead a little in class and because I have a question...

Do any of you lovely people have any skill at making fan vids and have the time to help me out? I have a specific song and ship (from a different fandom *gasp*) that I would love to see a fan vid for but have NO idea even where to start, let alone how to do it. Nor do I really have the time to devote to learning how right now. If anyone is willing and able to help me or has a direction they can point me, please PM me....I'm willing to pay in fan fic with prompts of your choice!

I miss you guys!!!!!
                            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                            sigpic

Comment

I took it with a grain of salt. I recognise the scene for what it is - something that is perfectly natural for two people who have only just met, but not indicative of anything deeper. The scene in Runner where Teyla practically gets cartoon eyes when Ronon takes his shirt off is no different.

I was surprised by the review itself. I've followed that site for a few years (he mostly does trek) and was a little nervous when he branched into Stargate. His take on the balcony argument scene actually changed my view on it a little, as did his insights on the Sheppard and Weir characters. That said, I expect him to take the mickey out of Atlantis in further reviews For example, it had never occurred to me why they didn't call it the First Atlantis Response Team

I've not watched those ones. As I said, sometimes they're insightful, sometimes they're mockery.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                                Do any of you lovely people have any skill at making fan vids and have the time to help me out? I have a specific song and ship (from a different fandom *gasp*) that I would love to see a fan vid for but have NO idea even where to start, let alone how to do it. Nor do I really have the time to devote to learning how right now. If anyone is willing and able to help me or has a direction they can point me, please PM me....I'm willing to pay in fan fic with prompts of your choice!
                                PM sent ... after I post this post anyway... not yet... almost...

The scene in Runner where Teyla practically gets cartoon eyes when Ronon takes his shirt off is no different.

Manip!

Comment

Working...
                                X