Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    My aunt celebrates her 51st b'day today so I'm celebrating too today. With cake ... or secretly hoping, with icecream. Unless there is a thunderstorm to ruin everything... in that case, we have to haul water out of the house where it leaks in. It could go either way.
    Happy Birthday to your aunt! And may the rain stay away and not ruin the day!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

My aunt celebrates her 51st b'day today so I'm celebrating too today. With cake ... or secretly hoping, with icecream. Unless there is a thunderstorm to ruin everything... in that case, we have to haul water out of the house where it leaks in. It could go either way.
        Happy Birthday Auntie and Happy Independence Day to all Americans out there. We are waiting for that uninvited guest Arthur to finish moving on out and hoping the winds won't be too high tonight. My neighbors put on quite the show with the fireworks but are concerned about the high ones if it's windy.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I saw some stormy images on the news earlier -- it sure is windy.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            Do you need to have seen the original movie first? Or can you go into that blind?
            I have been a Stargate fan for 10 years, maybe more, and I just saw the movie for the first time a few months ago. Not necessary, but it'll help you understand a few "inside jokes" during the first couple of seasons.

Considering I wasn't even aware Stargate '94 existed when I started watching SG1, I'd have to answer that with a "not necessary". And it wasn't Children of the Gods I saw first either, but what episode I did see I can't tell you cause I was flipping channels that one saturday afternoon and I saw MacGyver on TV going through a puddle of water, and continued flipping. Realizing nothing else was one, we flipped back to MacGyver that wasn't MacGyver. We then continued to watch every saturday, and then downloaded every season cause at that point the USA was 4 seasons ahead of us.
            I had a friend who had some recorded and loaned them to me, got me caught up to 5th season, then found out my local Fox channel aired them at 10 o'clock at night on Sundays. Got season 7 that way.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Happy Birthday Auntie and Happy Independence Day to all Americans out there. We are waiting for that uninvited guest Arthur to finish moving on out and hoping the winds won't be too high tonight. My neighbors put on quite the show with the fireworks but are concerned about the high ones if it's windy.
            Hope it doesn't dawdle, but looking at the Weather Channel, it's not supposed to ...

My neighbors decided to start their celebration at 11 o'clock last night.

Comment

For the first time we're having season 8 on TV over here... so had I not downloaded, all of it would still have been brand spanking new.

Also would probably have been spoiled senseless.

Comment

Howdy folks!
                So I'm working my way through a second watch through of SGA. I just got done with The Siege trilogy, and I think I've been bitten by the Weir/Sheppard bug. It was that moment when John returns from his suicide mission and Elizabeth had just managed to get the shield up to stop the dart kamikazes. That look between them was electric! And the hug was awkward cute too.
                Anyway I'm going to keep watching and see if the bug sticks around. I don't really remember the show well from the first time round so it's all new

Comment

The excitement will be all yours!

Considering I've seen every episode at least as many times as there are main characters, it's not as easy to forget. And some, I wish, I could forget.

Comment

The excitement will be all yours!

Considering I've seen every episode at least as many times as there are main characters, it's not as easy to forget. And some, I wish, I could forget.
                    Because they were poor episodes, or because things happened you wish could be removed from canon?

Comment

Originally posted by ajay View Post
                      Because they were poor episodes, or because things happened you wish could be removed from canon?
                      Yes, there were episodes like Brainstorm that should never have seen the light of day, IMO.

And yes, well... that one event which shall not be named in season 4 that changed Atlantis forever -- let me put it this way --> Denial isn't just a river in Egypt!

Comment

Happy 4th of July all!

Happy Birthday to your aunt, FH. *Crosses fingers it is a rain free day for you*

Howdy folks!
                        So I'm working my way through a second watch through of SGA. I just got done with The Siege trilogy, and I think I've been bitten by the Weir/Sheppard bug. It was that moment when John returns from his suicide mission and Elizabeth had just managed to get the shield up to stop the dart kamikazes. That look between them was electric! And the hug was awkward cute too.
                        Anyway I'm going to keep watching and see if the bug sticks around. I don't really remember the show well from the first time round so it's all new
                        Yes. Come and join the Sparky Side, ajay. We have cookies.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Howdy folks!
                          Welcome to the madness. We love it when people watch and see what we see.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            Happy Birthday to your aunt, FH. *Crosses fingers it is a rain free day for you*
                            It started raining around 9:30pm, when we were long finished with the cake... but that was okay cause we were just about heading home anyway as my mother had forgotten her 10 o'clock medication, which is best to be taken on time.

Comment

Hi guys, sorry for that huge hiatus that I have been on for the past couple of years. I've graduated from high school and now been going to a community college for a year which has been taking up most if not all of my time, also am looking for a job. Anyway, anything new that has been happening lately...?

Comment

Originally posted by M-CharmedAlantian View Post
                                Anyway, anything new that has been happening lately...?
                                Atlantis is still dead.

MGM has given Devlin & Emmerich the go ahead to reboot Stargate. They will obviously ignore all of SG1/SGA/SGU. Which I personally don't mind.

Legacy books are still being written, so characters are still being written all out of whack. I say, those books are happening in some twisted alternate universe.

New fic is still being written, and posted.

...and that's about it, I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X