Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went shopping yesterday. And today.

I got a dressy jacket for 80% off, then came home and found I have slacks and a top that match it.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I just finally finished e-mails for work and now I'm trying to relax.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Not to worry, I'm but an amateur too.
        Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
        I consider myself an amateur. Just a very crazy one.

I was under the impression that Angel/Cordy was the more popular ship on "Angel", but I've often gotten the wrong impression about things before.
        Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Come to think of it, I guess I'm an amateur in that arena as well. Most of the time when I see ship in media, I'm like, 'okay, cool.' I'm predominantly a canonist, so I usually go with whatever is in canon, but I don't flail and squee over every little thing. But there's those couple of ships...
        Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        Count me among the amateurs.
        Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        In my case, there's shipping and then there's shipping. Sparky is the only ship I have ever actively been involved in and thought about after the show was over. I can go all the way back to before most of you were born and name couples I shipped, but I never really got serious about any of them.

Didn't Charisma Carpenter have a baby during Angel? That may have affected the story just like Rachel's pregnancy on SGA.
        Alright, alright. I'm sorry for misjudging everyone.

Next time I want to bring up Angel and Cordelia or something I'll worry less about someone else want to mention their 16 favorite other pairings too or somesuch.
        Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 03 July 2014, 01:13 AM.
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
          Next time I want to bring up Angel and Cordelia or something I'll worry less about someone else want to mention their 16 favorite other pairings too or somesuch.
          I was under the impression, btw, that Angel/Cordelia was the main pairing in the Angel fandom. I watched the show but wasn't active in the fandom. I loved Doyle and Fred (not together, just the characters), the others too. I remember reenacting one of the scenes once with my friends during some silly get together. I was Angel cause I happened to have a long black leather jacket during that time... and my line "How about you both bite me." --

16 favorite pairings?!? Who has 16 favorite pairings?
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I was under the impression, btw, that Angel/Cordelia was the main pairing in the Angel fandom. I watched the show but wasn't active in the fandom. I loved Doyle and Fred (not together, just the characters), the others too. I remember reenacting one of the scenes once with my friends during some silly get together. I was Angel cause I happened to have a long black leather jacket during that time... and my line "How about you both bite me." --

16 favorite pairings?!? Who has 16 favorite pairings?
            I remember being sad when Doyle was gone but don't remember who I shipped him with. I don't know what was official or what the fandom thought, but Mr. SR and I were disappointed when they put Angel and Cordelia together. It was too predictable and we were still mad about the Buffy situation. I've never been a fan of changing ships in a show. Buffy/Spike is a good example of a headdesk-inducing ship. It's annoying and confusing. Falling in "love" is not like changing your socks. IMHO.

Do I have to limit it to 16? I've had a ship in almost every show I've ever watched. I've just not joined a fandom until SGA. It probably goes back to Marshall Dillon/Miss Kitty. Now that was a frustrating ship and very Sparky-like.
            sigpic

Comment

SG1 first, but SGA really pulled me in... not really shipwise from the start but the characters. Ship came second... or third.

I watch other shows, but rarely venture into their fandom. I dabble(d) in Legend of the Seeker and Warehouse 13, and Firefly.

Comment

I remember being sad when Doyle was gone but don't remember who I shipped him with. I don't know what was official or what the fandom thought, but Mr. SR and I were disappointed when they put Angel and Cordelia together. It was too predictable and we were still mad about the Buffy situation. I've never been a fan of changing ships in a show. Buffy/Spike is a good example of a headdesk-inducing ship. It's annoying and confusing. Falling in "love" is not like changing your socks. IMHO.
                I actually liked Buffy/Spike and Angel/Cordy. But then again, I never had any deep love for Buffy/Angel so...

Do I have to limit it to 16? I've had a ship in almost every show I've ever watched. I've just not joined a fandom until SGA. It probably goes back to Marshall Dillon/Miss Kitty. Now that was a frustrating ship and very Sparky-like.
                Yeah, me too. When I was in college, the net was just starting to get going and there were email list groups that you could be in. Does anyone else remember those? Even then I think I posted once or twice about Voyager, but SGA is the first show where I actually posted on a forum.

Comment

SG1 first, but SGA really pulled me in... not really shipwise from the start but the characters. Ship came second... or third.

I watch other shows, but rarely venture into their fandom. I dabble(d) in Legend of the Seeker and Warehouse 13, and Firefly.
                  Speaking of SG1, I still haven't watched most of the early seasons. If you were going to give someone a few early season episodes to get you going, which ones would you pick?

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                    If you were going to give someone a few early season episodes to get you going, which ones would you pick?
                    That's actually a difficult question cause a) it's been a while since I've seen them, and b) I'd probably start at Children of the Gods anyway.

Comment

That's actually a difficult question cause a) it's been a while since I've seen them, and b) I'd probably start at Children of the Gods anyway.
                      Do you need to have seen the original movie first? Or can you go into that blind?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

I went shopping yesterday. And today.

I got a dressy jacket for 80% off, then came home and found I have slacks and a top that match it.
                        Score! Isn't it awesome when things work out like that?

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                        Alright, alright. I'm sorry for misjudging everyone.

16? Geeze, I'm way behind then.

Speaking of SG1, I still haven't watched most of the early seasons. If you were going to give someone a few early season episodes to get you going, which ones would you pick?
                        Hmm, good question. I really haven't seen most of the early seasons, either.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Do you need to have seen the original movie first? Or can you go into that blind?
                          Considering I wasn't even aware Stargate '94 existed when I started watching SG1, I'd have to answer that with a "not necessary". And it wasn't Children of the Gods I saw first either, but what episode I did see I can't tell you cause I was flipping channels that one saturday afternoon and I saw MacGyver on TV going through a puddle of water, and continued flipping. Realizing nothing else was one, we flipped back to MacGyver that wasn't MacGyver. We then continued to watch every saturday, and then downloaded every season cause at that point the USA was 4 seasons ahead of us.

Comment

I have sort of watched it all but remember virtually nothing. Mr. SR was a fan and I used to sit with him and read my book while he watched. I'd look up occasionally for the funny stuff but never could get the plot all straight. Then one day I saw this commercial with Sam and some hot guy with funny hair talking about a new show and the rest is history.

The movie stands alone. It's much more serious and Jack is totally different. Daniel is pretty much the same and that's all that remains of it in SG-1.
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday and for those of us in the USA, Happy Independence Day!
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

My aunt celebrates her 51st b'day today so I'm celebrating too today. With cake ... or secretly hoping, with icecream. Unless there is a thunderstorm to ruin everything... in that case, we have to haul water out of the house where it leaks in. It could go either way.

Comment

Working...
                                X