Clear All

Originally posted by america126 View Post
    Hello Everyone
    Long Time No See
    Real Life Got In The Way Again
    Welcome back!

Originally posted by america126 View Post
    I Have Found a New TV Show To Watch The 100
    It's not bad, is it? I was a bit on the fence at first -- lots of teens and it's The CW -- but it turned out rather interesting. Still have to watch the season finale so please no spoilers. And of course happy it got renewed for a second season.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    Oh it's new? Sorry Falcon Horus, I've been here so infrequently I assumed you'd had it a while. I love anything with Claire in it
    Mmm, it is. I haven't had Kate (or Claire) populating my signature area for months. Made it for one of the art challenges so better use it too.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

is unsure whether to feel slandered and maligned, or amused and somewhat complimented
      I would go for complimented.

I need to get off my creative but for my part too. But the outline of the ep is awesome (IMO, obviously, although I think we can all agree Eri is a fanfic savant). I had a nerdgasm, joygasm, and minor sparkygasm (it's the best kind of gasm ).
      Eri is totally a fanfic savant. I wish my creative butt would get in gear and be as awesome as she is!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

They look amazing in that - and so lifelike. Love your sig too. Promo shot or is that from the actual movie?
        Thank you! It's a promo shot from a scene in the movie.
        sigpic
        Sig by (x)

Comment

is unsure whether to feel slandered and maligned, or amused and somewhat complimented
          Complimented… I guess.

I need to get off my creative but for my part too. But the outline of the ep is awesome (IMO, obviously, although I think we can all agree Eri is a fanfic savant). I had a nerdgasm, joygasm, and minor sparkygasm (it's the best kind of gasm ).
          She sure is! But I also want to see your creativity “in action”, even if it will be only one scene.
          sigpic
          sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

I swear. Every time I've tried to sit down and work on SGA Rising the past few weeks, it's been one thing or another throwing me off. The latest thing is my backup drive getting full and the new external drive I got isn't playing nice with Time Machine and keeps puking out 'backup failed' messages no matter what troubleshooting solutions I try. *screams* Getting a Mac was supposed to make computing easier, not give me incomprehensible frustrations! [/rant]
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              I swear. Every time I've tried to sit down and work on SGA Rising the past few weeks, it's been one thing or another throwing me off. The latest thing is my backup drive getting full and the new external drive I got isn't playing nice with Time Machine and keeps puking out 'backup failed' messages no matter what troubleshooting solutions I try. *screams* Getting a Mac was supposed to make computing easier, not give me incomprehensible frustrations! [/rant]
              Ah, now I got the answer to the question I tweeted to you. I'll ask Mr. SR if he has a solution right after he finishes putting the baseboards back in the right order in the powder room we are redoing.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Ah, now I got the answer to the question I tweeted to you. I'll ask Mr. SR if he has a solution right after he finishes putting the baseboards back in the right order in the powder room we are redoing.
                Ugh, yeah I keep getting 'Time Machine couldn't complete the backup... An error occurred while creating the backup folder' nonsense. It worked perfectly at first, but after a few days, it started puking on me like this. WTF. I'm about ready to take the thing back and go get a Time Capsule. Maybe something built solely for the purpose will actually work right.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Ugh, yeah I keep getting 'Time Machine couldn't complete the backup... An error occurred while creating the backup folder' nonsense. It worked perfectly at first, but after a few days, it started puking on me like this. WTF. I'm about ready to take the thing back and go get a Time Capsule. Maybe something built solely for the purpose will actually work right.
                  Mr. SR is finishing up a few chores, and then I'll ambush ask him about your problem. I seem to recall mine doing that a few times.

Meanwhile this happened earlier:

Spoiler:

Mr. SR: Do you want the new medicine cabinet to open right to left or left to right?
                  SR: left to right
                  MSR: *blank look*
                  SR: (using hand signals) left to right
                  MSR: *even blanker look*
                  SR: Turn around and face the direction I'm facing. *waits* Like this, left to right.
                  MSR: Oh, I see. Your hand signals were confusing me.
                  SR:
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Men!

I'd probably be even more blank, if I would have to be honest.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

Mr. SR is finishing up a few chores, and then I'll ambush ask him about your problem. I seem to recall mine doing that a few times.

Meanwhile this happened earlier:

Spoiler:

Mr. SR: Do you want the new medicine cabinet to open right to left or left to right?
                      SR: left to right
                      MSR: *blank look*
                      SR: (using hand signals) left to right
                      MSR: *even blanker look*
                      SR: Turn around and face the direction I'm facing. *waits* Like this, left to right.
                      MSR: Oh, I see. Your hand signals were confusing me.
                      SR:

Sorry about your computer problems, SK!

Comment

Sowwy! (hugs)

I have a friend whose entire 3TB media collection of MP4 movies and TV shows got damaged to the point that even Geek Squad couldn't fix it. So he's busy re-burning movies and TV shows. On the plus side, we're both SG fans and I had part of SGA and SG-1 done already.

Even though I'm off work for the next two months I cannot get my head in place to write or do anything productive fandom-wise. Although that might be because I just gained a few new ships. Word to the wise: never start shipping a pair from a Joss Whedon show that no longer airs. It's only gonna crush you, rip your heart out of your chest, and cut it up.

But it hurts so good ...

Anyhow, just hopped on to pay bills, but I need my beauty rest. Night, folks!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          What sort of homework? What do you study?
                          I'm working on my Master's in Education, specializing in family and community service. I'll be done in September...the end is in sight!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

drew, you are a trooper!
                          Eh...I try...lol

I'm just doing what I gotta do to keep out of trouble and provide for my babies. *shrug*
                          Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                          I SO wish I had more days like that. I envy you.
                          They're out there to be had...you just gotta be willing to change what you can to make it happen more.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                          Even though I'm off work for the next two months I cannot get my head in place to write or do anything productive fandom-wise. Although that might be because I just gained a few new ships. Word to the wise: never start shipping a pair from a Joss Whedon show that no longer airs. It's only gonna crush you, rip your heart out of your chest, and cut it up.

But it hurts so good ...

Anyhow, just hopped on to pay bills, but I need my beauty rest. Night, folks!
                          I can sympathize with the shipping new ships and being heart broken by them...I'm doing that to myself now Of course I won't stop, because, like you said, it hurts so good

Also...I have again ended up with a favorite character who doesn't stay around...at least this time she gets an actual real story and isn't just dropped with no closure...and she has the potential of coming back. I swear, though, that I am a glutton for angsty/emo punishment.
                          My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                          sigpic

Comment

Well, I only got two hours of sleep tonight thanks to my lovely feline... He got into a yelling match with a cat at 3:30am, I let him in only for him to want back out. Then he starts it up again at 5:30, but this time he is so freaked out when he comes in that he decides the best thing to do is mutilate my left shoulder. So I've given up on sleep tonight/today.

ETA: So I went and got coffee, then went to the waterfront and took some sunrise pictures. At least one nice thing came out of a sleepless night.
                            Last edited by ShipperWriter; 21 June 2014, 02:57 AM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Thanks for the suggestions and good luck vibes re: my computer issues, everyone! I've gone ahead and reformatted the new hard drive (again) and so far, so good. *knocks on wood*

Sowwy! (hugs)

I have a friend whose entire 3TB media collection of MP4 movies and TV shows got damaged to the point that even Geek Squad couldn't fix it. So he's busy re-burning movies and TV shows. On the plus side, we're both SG fans and I had part of SGA and SG-1 done already.
                              Yeeouch! That's gotta suck!

But it hurts so good ...
                              Wisdom we can all live by. He can be a cruel one, that Joss.

Well, I only got two hours of sleep tonight thanks to my lovely feline... He got into a yelling match with a cat at 3:30am, I let him in only for him to want back out. Then he starts it up again at 5:30, but this time he is so freaked out when he comes in that he decides the best thing to do is mutilate my left shoulder. So I've given up on sleep tonight/today.

ETA: So I went and got coffee, then went to the waterfront and took some sunrise pictures. At least one nice thing came out of a sleepless night.
                              Ow! And I thought I was a scary kitty! Hope your shoulder is feeling better!

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                                I'm working on my Master's in Education, specializing in family and community service. I'll be done in September...the end is in sight!

They're out there to be had...you just gotta be willing to change what you can to make it happen more.
                                Sounds interesting. I remember the feeling of the end being it sight. Great isn't it?

I know but my boss makes that kind of difficult sometimes.
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                                X