No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So on my first full day of summer vacation, I did my laundry, went to the library for the first time in six months, and spent $50 on signage for my home office and scrapbooking supplies. *chuckles evilly*

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Ugh, I am really really trying to get the next episode done. This one was going to be my baby, but I have zero motivation to work on it thanks to the SGA muses going AWOL and RL stuff distracting me. And I'm afraid if I just try to force it out, it's gonna be crap and darnit, Elizabeth deserves better than that. Believe me, I'm just as frustrated as you all are.
    For that reason alone, that you aren't trying to pull a PTW on us, I am perfectly content to be patient.

I know, right? The ideas are right there, but getting them from the outline in my head to fully developed narration/dialogue on the page? It's just not happening.
    That happens to me all the time. I can see the event unfolding but by the time I get on my computer or open up Notes on my iPhone, the thought has vanished and trying to imagine what is was is like a blind man giving a description to a sketch artist.

I think we're gonna need to call in Seal Team 6.
    Or Teal'c, Private Investigator.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      Honestly, I'm not that far behind you. Luckily I'll have the World Cup to distract me starting next week.
      Lucky, indeed. I have no such distractions, sadly. Unless you count preparations to put the house up for sale so we can get the heck outta California.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      For that reason, that you aren't trying to pull a PTW on us, I am perfectly content to be patient.
      You have the patience of a saint.

That happens to me all the time. I can see the event unfolding but by the time I get on my computer or open up Notes on my iPhone, the thought has vanished and trying to imagine what is was is like a blind man giving a description to a sketch artist.
      Yup! That's it exactly! So. Frustrating.

Or Teal'c, Private Investigator.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Every day around 19h, Scary Kitty wishes us goodmorning, and every day my brain goes "Good evening you mean!" - timezone confusion on the brain
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            Every day around 19h, Scary Kitty wishes us goodmorning, and every day my brain goes "Good evening you mean!" - timezone confusion on the brain
            LOL! Hey, it's morning here in California!

Comment

LOL! Hey, it's morning here in California!
              I'd love to be in Cali right now. I could use the extra couple of hours to get some stuff done. For example, I edged the driveway and walkway to the front door, trimmed some trees growing on our property line, put everything away and took a shower, only to have my mother ask me afterwards if I forgot to mow. The answer being yes, of course.

Comment

I'd love to be in Cali right now. I could use the extra couple of hours to get some stuff done. For example, I edged the driveway and walkway to the front door, trimmed some trees growing on our property line, put everything away and took a shower, only to have my mother ask me afterwards if I forgot to mow. The answer being yes, of course.
                D'oh!

Comment

Lucky, indeed. I have no such distractions, sadly. Unless you count preparations to put the house up for sale so we can get the heck outta California.
                  Been there and done that. Selling a house will have it's own massive set of distractions.

OT:
                  Spoiler:
                  The mystery of the work neighbors has been solved. They're Amish wood workers.
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

So I'm shamelessly self reccing my own YouTube videos on this happy Sparky family Saturday. Probably should leave off the sad ones, huh?

Comment

Comment

I'm going to be gone for most of the day, so just in case I don't make it back on this weekend I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Been there and done that. Selling a house will have it's own massive set of distractions.

OT:
                          Spoiler:
                          The mystery of the work neighbors has been solved. They're Amish wood workers.
                          That's what they want you to think...

So I'm shamelessly self reccing my own YouTube videos on this happy Sparky family Saturday. Probably should leave off the sad ones, huh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17hYHM1NkMQ
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko86vnfs7lE

I'm going to be gone for most of the day, so just in case I don't make it back on this weekend I hope everyone has a great weekend!
                          Have a good weekend! And omg videos! *sits down to watch in the vain hope it might spark (pun absolutely intended) some inspiration*

Comment

That's what they want you to think...
                            They haven't been around much this last week either. If this keeps up, I may end up trying that crack fic I'd mentioned before.

Loving the vids, SW.
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday!

They haven't been around much this last week either. If this keeps up, I may end up trying that crack fic I'd mentioned before.
                              Hmmm, sounds fishy.

Comment

Have a good weekend! And omg videos! *sits down to watch in the vain hope it might spark (pun absolutely intended) some inspiration*
                                Thanks! I hope it helped a tiny bit!

Loving the vids, SW.
                                Thanks! I had a rather cracky idea floating through my head the other day: the 21st century tech-savvy grandkids of a monarchy suddenly find themselves the crown prince and princess. I guess that's what happens when you watch "The Young Victoria" a few times in a row.

Comment

Working...
                                X