No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's now a Stargate category in the game QuizUp (available on iPhone and Android). Since it's brand new I'm right now the highest scorer in all of Rhode Island.

If anyone wants to take me on, message me and I'll give you my username. There are tons of categories. There's books/TV/pop culture as well as geography, grammar, history, etc.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    OMG I HAVE ALWAYS HATED THAT. The "realism" angle really, really is such a lame BS excuse. Hey TPTW, you wanna learn how to REALLY ramp the danger for the main team? Go read A Song of Ice and Fire (or, you know, watch Game of Thrones). NO ONE IS SAFE. I fully expect at least 3/4 of the main characters will be dead by the end of the final book. And that's probably a lowball estimate.
    Yup, or BSG. That show killed off enough people that you never knew what might happen.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    And also... It's Heightmeyer.

Are you sure it's not Heightmayer? Or Hitemeyer? On that game I was playing, they actually spelled Ronon's name incorrectly. (OMG the smileys have them spelled incorrectly too!)

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    At least you weren't stuck next to a hair flipper.
    *flip*

Didn't Ed McMahon pass away? I apologize to the entire McMahon family if I'm wrong. Either way, it's highly unlikely.
    I had to look it up. Yes, he did. In 2009.

Comment

That'll do it.

Hmm, that does sound mysterious!

I figure sooner or later somebody will tell me something.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Yup, or BSG. That show killed off enough people that you never knew what might happen.
        Or 24. Still bitter that they killed off Renee.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post

I figure sooner or later somebody will tell me something.
        Just watch out for the black helicopters.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Secret service stuff.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

That's no biggie where I live. There is a helicopter pilot training base very nearby. We see black helos all day.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

my hubby works with those super secret black helicopters
              sigpic

Comment

Will do.
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Secret service stuff.
                  Yup yup!

That's no biggie where I live. There is a helicopter pilot training base very nearby. We see black helos all day.
                  *opens iTunes, starts playing The Imperial March*

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                  my hubby works with those super secret black helicopters
                  Awesome!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Challenge #31 was favorite movie with blending/filters/color.

RodneyisGodney

Changing the colors. I just inverted the color of one of the Queen Ann's Lace pics, the other two pics I think I changed the colors by fiddling with layer modes.

DellRuby

JadedWraith

it's a three pics blend and the filter is Photoshop Noise > Reduce noice at crazy settings.

My favourite movie ever!

raduzhok

I used an enhancement from photobucket, since my own filters are not loaded in my paint program. The name of the enhancement was "Avenue"

everlovin

taris-eirien

Filters: Light and Shadow - Sparkle

Filters: Render - Clouds/Fog

blencathra

copter did a loud squeeeee and drooled all over this one....sorry. I did wipe it clean before posting
                    sigpic

Comment

Challenge #32

We have been working hard on blending for the past 2 weeks....this week we are just going to have fun! {you can totally continue to work on blending {3+ pics} and/or filters/colors for this challenge too if you want!}

I found a list of crazy/silly holidays for this week in May. Pick one [or all!] and make art [or fan fic!] about them. You can make an advert for the holiday, or just a banner/sig celebrating it. Whatever you want. Please just include the title of the holiday you choose.

May is:

National Barbecue Month
                      National Bike Month
                      National Blood Pressure Month
                      National Hamburger Month
                      National Salad Month

Wildflower Week - week two
                      National Bike Week - third week
                      National Police Week - third week

12 International Nurses Day

12 Limerick Day

13 Frog Jumping Day

13 Leprechaun Day

14 Dance Like a Chicken Day

15 National Chocolate Chip Day

16 Love a Tree Day

16 National Sea Monkey Day

17 Pack Rat Day

18 No Dirty Dishes Day

entries are due to me by noon your time Monday May 19th.
                      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Lovely artwork from everyone!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

So, is it hot enough to melt your brains where you are?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

So, is it hot enough to melt your brains where you are?
                            It depends. Yesterday it was 90°F. Today it's 65°F. Tomorrow, who knows.
                            sigpic

Comment

It depends. Yesterday it was 90°F. Today it's 65°F. Tomorrow, who knows.
                              It's been fluctuating like that for us too.

One of my damn coworkers came into the office on Friday when he had a cold (even though it's perfectly acceptable to work from home when you're sick). Well, he gave the cold to 2 of us in the office with him. Sunday I woke up with a sore throat and then on Monday I had the whole cold. I've had to take some of my vacation time cause I've been feeling so miserable. I think I should be able to charge that time to my lousy coworker for being a jackass. This is the same guy who gave 5 of us the swine flu a few years ago.

Meanwhile, my aunt is still in the nursing home/rehab to recover from her back surgery and I haven't been able to visit her. At least I didn't make her sick when I saw her on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                It's been fluctuating like that for us too.

One of my damn coworkers came into the office on Friday when he had a cold (even though it's perfectly acceptable to work from home when you're sick). Well, he gave the cold to 2 of us in the office with him. Sunday I woke up with a sore throat and then on Monday I had the whole cold. I've had to take some of my vacation time cause I've been feeling so miserable. I think I should be able to charge that time to my lousy coworker for being a jackass. This is the same guy who gave 5 of us the swine flu a few years ago.

Meanwhile, my aunt is still in the nursing home/rehab to recover from her back surgery and I haven't been able to visit her. At least I didn't make her sick when I saw her on Saturday.
                                What an idiot. This is one of Mr. SR's biggest pet peeves. Stay home. You're not that important.

I'm sure your aunt understands. You don't want to get all the oldies sick. Their immune systems get really sensitive.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X