No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks to everyone for the prayers. The surgery went great according to the surgeon, who insisted on showing me the graphic pics he took while drawing on them and explaining each one. *whimpers*

I'm exhausted from all the waiting so will toddle off to bed soon.

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Absolutely. Prayers your way.

Sounds cool! I'm in the middle of job hunting. Or more like job hunt preparing.

I love Bill Paxton. Wondercon sounded really cool!
    I heard about your job situation. Hope something fabulous turns up soon.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hope everything with your job hunt goes well, Eri13.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Thanks to everyone for the prayers. The surgery went great according to the surgeon, who insisted on showing me the graphic pics he took while drawing on them and explaining each one. *whimpers*
      Glad to hear everything went well for MR. SR.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I hate job hunting. But I hope you find something wonderful with more money and fewer hours so you can work more on SGA Rising.

I did the same thing with my broken pinky pictures afterwards. What one person thinks is cool will induce vomiting in another.

Glad Mr. SR is doing well!

Comment

I heard about your job situation. Hope something fabulous turns up soon.
          So glad to hear everything went well! I am one of those weird people who loves to look at stuff like that. When my Mom did her exploratory surgery they took tons of pictures and I was fascinated for hours.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
          Hope everything with your job hunt goes well, Eri13.

Glad to hear everything went well for MR. SR.
          Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          I hate job hunting. But I hope you find something wonderful with more money and fewer hours so you can work more on SGA Rising.

I did the same thing with my broken pinky pictures afterwards. What one person thinks is cool will induce vomiting in another.

Glad Mr. SR is doing well!
          I know, right? Thanks for the well wishes on the job hunt. I hope to get something I love to do, but all of this is daunting. I am introverted and shy; I want someone to come to me with a job and just hand it to me with a good salary and be like 'we want YOU'. All this interview/application nonsense - what is that?
          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Hooray! That is awesome news!

*hugs you* I hope the job hunt goes well!

As for Bill Paxton... have you been watching Agents of SHIELD?

*cringes at the reminder that the SGA muses are still AWOL*

So glad to hear everything went well! I am one of those weird people who loves to look at stuff like that. When my Mom did her exploratory surgery they took tons of pictures and I was fascinated for hours.
            I know, right? I'm kind of weird in that I can't stand to look at that stuff for other people, but if it's me, I love it. I was taking selfies of my foot after I got the bandages off in the first post-op appointment!

I know, right? Thanks for the well wishes on the job hunt. I hope to get something I love to do, but all of this is daunting. I am introverted and shy; I want someone to come to me with a job and just hand it to me with a good salary and be like 'we want YOU'. All this interview/application nonsense - what is that?
            Ugh, yeah. I'd much prefer to be handed a perfect job than have to go hunting for it. So much easier that way!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hi-ho! I actually did something Sparky today! I'm working on a oneshot that's a little more angsty and dark than usual, but I like it. Hopefully I'll have it up later. Going to hang at a friend's house for an impromptu movie night.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

<-- SW watching Agents of SHIELD

Don't misunderstand me, I love it, but OMG I'm gonna kill the Whedon Bros. by the end of this season.

No slight intended. You know me. It would just be lovely to have a job that paid enough moolah to be able to focus on fandom mostly full time.

I know, right? I'm kind of weird in that I can't stand to look at that stuff for other people, but if it's me, I love it. I was taking selfies of my foot after I got the bandages off in the first post-op appointment!
              Same here. I have a lot of pictures that I took of my hand a) the first time they replaced the splint and I saw the actual incision and b) when my pins came out. Apparently, I'm the only one who thought it was cool.

Comment

You're welcome. I'm also an introvert that wishes the perfect job would just be handed to them.

*Wonders if the SGC muses are hanging out with all of mine.*

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Hooray! That is awesome news!

Ugh, yeah. I'd much prefer to be handed a perfect job than have to go hunting for it. So much easier that way!
                  Hi-ho! I actually did something Sparky today! I'm working on a oneshot that's a little more angsty and dark than usual, but I like it. Hopefully I'll have it up later. Going to hang at a friend's house for an impromptu movie night.
                  <-- SW watching Agents of SHIELD

Don't misunderstand me, I love it, but OMG I'm gonna kill the Whedon Bros. by the end of this season.

No slight intended. You know me. It would just be lovely to have a job that paid enough moolah to be able to focus on fandom mostly full time.

Same here. I have a lot of pictures that I took of my hand a) the first time they replaced the splint and I saw the actual incision and b) when my pins came out. Apparently, I'm the only one who thought it was cool.
                  Thanks again, and OH YES. I love AoS. Although, I do have to say that it was a lesson in patience to sit through the first 7 or 8 episodes, because they really weren't that great. Once Simmons fell out of the plane, though, it just got awesome and never went back to not-awesome. Can't wait for these last couple of episodes--the preview for next week is like...

Spoiler:
                  Maria!! Can't wait to see how they explain her out of working for Stark.
                  Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

*Wonders if the SGC muses are hanging out with all of mine.*
                    Wouldn't surprise me. They're probably all sitting in a bar somewhere laughing at us.

Thanks again, and OH YES. I love AoS. Although, I do have to say that it was a lesson in patience to sit through the first 7 or 8 episodes, because they really weren't that great. Once Simmons fell out of the plane, though, it just got awesome and never went back to not-awesome. Can't wait for these last couple of episodes--the preview for next week is like...

Spoiler:
                    Maria!! Can't wait to see how they explain her out of working for Stark.
                    OH YES, indeed, it really picked up after Simmons did her Flying Elvis impersonation in FZZT. And now all the post-Winter Soldier shenanigans? Whee, what a roller coaster!

As for
                    Spoiler:
                    Maria Hill, I wouldn't be surprised if it was worked out with Pepper. After all, Maria was interviewing at Stark Industries at the end of Winter Soldier, and who is the CEO? Pepper. She knows EVERYTHING.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Challenge Update
                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

for those of you who were wondering about RiG's hidden easter eggs in this sig:

Spoiler:
                      1 in his mohawk, one above his hear, one in between those two , one on his neck, one on his shoulder and 2 in his name.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Reminder about challenge #29

Make a visual representation of any Stargate episode {SG1, SGA or SGU or any of the movies}
                      But you cannot use any SG related caps or words in your art. So for example the SGA episode "Rising" you might show some bread dough rising. When you send me your art, please include the title of the episode in your PM.
                      If you need a list of all the episodes check here.

If you want more of a challenge or that one stumps you, do a little spring cleaning. Go back through all the challenges and do one that you missed. {look here for a list}

entries due to me Monday April 28th by noon your time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                      If you haven't done the survey yet, please take a few minutes to do so. Even if you haven't done any of the challenges, you can still answer!

Survey time!
                      Please take a few minutes to copy and paste and answer these 5 questions into a PM to me please. Thanks!

1. What would you like to learn more about in your art? [coloring, filters, etc]

2. What challenges do you like best? [fun ones, ones where you learn something new, list specific challenges you loved if you have them]

3. What challenges do you dislike?

4. Do you visit any other threads on GW where the art challenge is not posted? If so, do you think they might like to join us?

5. Would you ever want to host the challenge for me one week?
                      sigpic

Comment

Went to go see my high school put on a production of "The Sound of Music". It was wonderful and fun and so awesome! Some of the students are such talented singers, it gave me goosebumps!

However it also means my Sparky fic isn't done and, seeing as how I can't take my computer with me to work tomorrow due to state-mandated testing, it will have to wait until tomorrow night.

Night all!

Comment

*pops back in*

I was wrong. Fic bunnies kept me up.

A Lesson in Self-Defense

I'm out!

Comment

Wouldn't surprise me. They're probably all sitting in a bar somewhere laughing at us.
                            And it's probibly in a galaxy far, far away so we can't drag them back here.

Went to go see my high school put on a production of "The Sound of Music". It was wonderful and fun and so awesome! Some of the students are such talented singers, it gave me goosebumps!
                            That reminds me of how surprised I was when the version with Carrie Underwood aired live and my niece actually sat and watched it with my mom and me. I love every song in that show.

*pops back in*

A Lesson in Self-Defense

I'm out!
                            Nice fic, SW. Mental green since I can't green you again yet.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

*pops back in*

A Lesson in Self-Defense

I'm out!
                              WOW! Such a serious but lovely fic. I wanted to give both of them big hugs.

And it's probibly in a galaxy far, far away so we can't drag them back here.
                              Still working on that transporter beam...

Comment

*pops back in*

A Lesson in Self-Defense

I'm out!
                                That was great!!

ETA: So I'm Apollo. Meh. He was never one of my favorites. I'd have preferred Roslin. I would love to have the ability to throw people out of airlocks.

Comment

Working...
                                X