No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Mr. SR and I totally missed the clues and were surprised by the very end, though we did guess the identity of Hydra. Very unusual for him. Not sure we like what happened and still hope it's not what it seems.

But isn't shock sometimes a good thing? Just to keep us guessing and avoid complacency. I think the average TV viewer is very jaded these days and must be hard to surprise.
    That's kind of the beauty of the Marvel Cinematic Universe and all its offshoots like AoS. They take their inspiration from the comics, but they're not a cookie-cutter copy of the comics. They can and do take off in different directions with new stories, so long-time comics fans can't always rely on their knowledge of the comics as a guide to what's coming next. I find that refreshing.

Though looking back, I think some of the things in shows that have been shocking were just unnecessary.
    Spoiler:
    I'm thinking about the time on Bones when that darling little intern turned out to be a serial killer's accomplice or something like that.
    Oh, and let's not forget the exploding tumor business.
    Yup. Epic fail.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    I think what one of the major problems is with TV shows is that when they start gearing up for the finale, they start pulling out the big guns. The same thing happened last year with NCIS
    Spoiler:
    when Tony and Ziva got T-boned in a car at the very end of the episode. I mean, yes, it added a little fuel to the fire but the fans going nuts and being all "OMG did they make it?!?!" was a little ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, I ship Tiva and loved the scenes but the car wreck's shock value only lasted for one week. When it turned out they were fine, save for a bruised rib and a bloody nose,
    it was disappointing to get all worked up for nothing.

Anyhoodle.
    Yeah, it's the finale cliffhanger mentality. And it's a trend that's really been around for a long time. Who remembers the Dynasty Wedding Massacre?

ITA. The so-called cliffhanger endings of the last few years for almost every single show have gotten ridiculous. Especially since Mr. SR and I can't remember what happened and start the new season confused.
    I do too sometimes. That's why I love when seasons are rerun right before the new season starts.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

There was one shocker on Once Upon A Time awhile back that I didn't see coming and was really played off well. That is
      Spoiler:
      Peter Pan being Rumple's dad.

But I agree that lately they try too hard to have a shocking event every single episode.

And of course, if you can't watch it live in East Coast time you can forget about getting online.

Every single major twist on Downton Abbey got spoiled for me by Tumblr.... people who don't put tags on their posts so I could avoid them. I've blocked people for that. Irritating. I don't watch Downton anymore.... got kinda silly to me. *shrugs*

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Yeah, it's the finale cliffhanger mentality. And it's a trend that's really been around for a long time. Who remembers the Dynasty Wedding Massacre?
        Or who shot J.R. Ewing?
        sigpic

Comment

I had Hawaii Five-O spoiled a few months ago, and again two weeks ago. I have since deleted this person from my journal list.

And the first to spoil Game of Thrones, will have something coming they wish they were at Joffrey's mercy instead.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            I haven't seen all of it, and haven't watched any Bones at all in past few years.

But what I do remember is, that he lied about it. He had indeed been contacted by the serialkiller but he had never taken him up on the invitation. I think (but I can't be sure) he was trying to help the investigation to catch the guy instead. Booth figures it out, after the squint has been tried for it and locked up, but he doesn't want Bones to know so Booth keeps quiet about it.
            Thanks, I guess I missed some of the details.

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
            I haven't really watched Bones in a few years either. It's lost it's mojo.
            Aside from the main ship, which I no longer care about, the show has been good. The focus on the revolving bunch of squints makes it for me.

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
            Or who shot J.R. Ewing?
            And I thought I'd be the only one to have been around for that one. Now let's not talk about the Bobby shower scene. That's almost into exploding tumor territory.

Oh, and JT mentioned Once Upon a Time. In shows like that you expect things to come out of left field. We've reached the point where when another character out of literature shows up, we just shrug. Right now, we're close to giving up on it because we just don't care anymore. We pulled the plug on Helix for that same reason.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

And I thought I'd be the only one to have been around for that one. Now let's not talk about the Bobby shower scene. That's almost into exploding tumor territory.
              sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies, and TGIF!!!

I had to run a lot of errands after work yesterday, so I wasn't even on the computer at all. However, I did end the night by watching "Airplane" which OMG, why I had never seen it before, I do not know. But it was so hilarious, I couldn't breathe. Literally. Ask my mom.

Anyhow. We'll see what today brings, huh?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Or who shot J.R. Ewing?
                  OMG.

Good morning, Sparkies, and TGIF!!!

I had to run a lot of errands after work yesterday, so I wasn't even on the computer at all. However, I did end the night by watching "Airplane" which OMG, why I had never seen it before, I do not know. But it was so hilarious, I couldn't breathe. Literally. Ask my mom.

Anyhow. We'll see what today brings, huh?
                  Airplane! Ahhh, what a great piece of crackalicious fun! I haven't seen it in a while; may have to remedy that at some point.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Airplane! Ahhh, what a great piece of crackalicious fun! I haven't seen it in a while; may have to remedy that at some point.
                    *sing song* It's on Netflix ... */sing song*

Comment

*sing song* It's on Netflix ... */sing song*
                      I don't have Netflix.

Comment

I don't have Netflix.
                        Oh. Well that's a problem then.

Comment

Hey SW, why don't you check out the favorite nonhuman character game? The subject of your sig and avi is in it!
                          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                            Hey SW, why don't you check out the favorite nonhuman character game? The subject of your sig and avi is in it!
                            I didn't know about that one! I'll check it out this weekend!

Anyhow, I'm beat. I biked 4 miles to work, assembled a bike rack and bedroom bench at home, and still need to go to the chiropractor. Everyone have a good night!

*zzz*

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Comment

sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Working...
                                X