X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    *crickets chirp*

Where da people be???
    I've been chasing my niece around the house since I got home from work. She just went to sleep.

Hello, all. Messing around on the computer while the plumber fixes the drainage pipe for the washer and waiting for refrigerator guy to come put a new seal on freezer. Gotta love renting -- don't have to pay for it ourselves.

Yeah. Between that and the new lowered standards on the SAT that'll take effect in two years, education as we knew it is frakked up.
    Lucky you.

No wonder the world sucks worse than the Wraith.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Morning, Sparkies! It's FRIDAY!!! And time to move clocks forward, if you're in an area of the world that follows Daylight Savings Time.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      Dances with Wolves = old???? My husband and I just had our 37th anniversary yesterday...I graduated in 1974
      Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      *high fives* We will be celebrating our 39th on March 29.
      Congrats on your anniversaries!!!

Funny about the changes in the SAT. I heard about that and said "What again? They just changed that when SR Jr. was in high school." Then I realized…oh wait…that was almost 20 years ago. My how time flies.
      Tis true. I pulled out my mom's old yearbook (I work at her old high school) and seeing her lively explain who were the geeks like her and the "cool" people made me feel like I was there with her and she was back in 1971. It was fun to take a time trip.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Okay that makes me feel better. I need to stop hanging out on Tumblr where the average age seems to be 18.

Happy belated Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      I'm 25 ... but I agree. At least, the mental age is much younger.

And yes, I teach in PUBLIC high school. Not private
      Really?! Man, I'm jealous now.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      I've been chasing my niece around the house since I got home from work. She just went to sleep.

Lucky you.

No wonder the world sucks worse than the Wraith.
      Oh nice! That'll definitely give you a workout!

So update on the house problems:
      Spoiler:
      The plumber came, installed new pipes behind the washer where it drains out of the house and also under the sink, and it is still backing up into the sink when the washer drains. So we've been there for almost two weeks and unable to do any laundry. Not really wanting to truck everything to a laundromat.

The freezer was fine, as it turns out. Or so the applianceman says.

Comment

And time to move clocks forward, if you're in an area of the world that follows Daylight Savings Time.
        Not for another month at least...
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Not for another month at least...
          Nice. Next week, I'll be going to work in the dark. Which ruins my plans to start biking to work in the morning. Not a fan of riding in the dark, even with lights.

Comment

I'll be back on my bike to school as well soon-ish, unless it rains cats and dogs. Not a fan of going to class soaked.

Comment

Morning, Sparkies! It's FRIDAY!!! And time to move clocks forward, if you're in an area of the world that follows Daylight Savings Time.

[/spoilers]
              Wait. What? *runs around in circles, checks calendar* I thought we changed the clocks on Sat night? Did they change it? What time is it?
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Wait. What? *runs around in circles, checks calendar* I thought we changed the clocks on Sat night? Did they change it? What time is it?
                It's now 14:42 Brussels Time... (GMT+1 that is)

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Dances with Wolves = old???? My husband and I just had our 37th anniversary yesterday...I graduated in 1974
                  *high fives* We will be celebrating our 39th on March 29.
                  Congratulations and Happy Anniversary to you both!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                  Okay that makes me feel better. I need to stop hanging out on Tumblr where the average age seems to be 18.
                  Hmm, I know Tumblr skews younger, but my neck of the woods (Pepperony fans) seems to be pretty mature in comparison.

Yep, it's not til Saturday night.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Sorry, didn't mean to scare you. I meant that it happened this weekend. My brain just forgot to type that.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      It's now 14:42 Brussels Time... (GMT+1 that is)
                      Thanks, that helps a lot.

Sorry, didn't mean to scare you. I meant that it happened this weekend. My brain just forgot to type that.
                      It wouldn't surprise me if they changed it. Frankly, I'd love it if they skipped it. Now I'll have a hard time waking up all next week.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Sorry, gotta rant for a moment:
                        Spoiler:
                        So we've been having problems with our house from the moment we moved in two weeks ago. First, the jalousie window in the main bathroom wouldn't shut all the way. After two botched attempts at fixing it, I think it finally got taken care of. After my mom had to take off work and wait on the repair guy.

Then our washer backed up into our sink when my mother tried to run a load. And it's not soapy water, either. It's like icky caca from the sewer or something. Gross. So we call the landlord who calls the plumber who comes over, takes a look, and says "Can't fix it, sorry, it does that, so just put a stopper in the sink and make sure it doesn't overflow the pipe in the garage" (I'm not kidding). So Mom hears about it, gets mad, calls the landlord again, the plumber comes back and repipes under the kitchen sink and in the garage (since the sink, dishwasher, and washer all drain into the same pipe). Well, it's still backing up in the sink! So the plumber leaves and says he has to talk to his boss and our landlord to see where to go from here.

We have two weeks of dirty laundry (I have more than Mom, actually) that we were planning on washing when we moved in. Mom's resorted to washing her work clothes in the sink. Not only that, but we've had to be there to let the plumber in. Landlord won't do it.

So Mom writes the landlord this morning. She sent him a link from an article which says, contrary to the plumber's statement, that the three pipes can feed to the same drain and that the repiping was really unnecessary and that she feels bad that he's had to pay for two visits already, but really these are issues that should've been handled before anyone moved in. The landlord writes back and tells us that it's OUR duty as tenants to be there for the repairmen (um, hello? These are preexisting conditions from before we even knew the house was for rent. Not cool, bro.) and then basically says that since we disagree on how to handle these problems, we're more than welcome to move out.

What. The. Frak.

I'm like 500% done right now. All of our friends cannot believe the way that the landlord is treating us. And Mom said that if he's being a bully of a landlord now, it's just going to continue. I do not want to move. It's traumatizing for me (especially since I'm mostly unpacked).

This is part rant, part seeking advice. If anyone has any mature suggestions on how to respond to this, we are more than happy to hear them. Moving out is the last thing thing we want to do.

Comment

Carefully read your lease agreement. If it is not specified that the tenant must be there for repairs, then it is on the landlord to be there. I agree that if the landlord is bullying you now, it will get worse. You may really need to consider moving out. It's a hassle, but think - are you going to be able to put up with a run-around for the length of the lease?
                          sigpic

Comment

I'm renting a flat, and I don't have to be around for repairs. Though I prefer to be since I simply don't trust strangers. However, I'm waiting more than a year already to have the light in the kitchen replaced (it's broken, fallen apart) and I'm afraid that'll never happen, unless I threaten to no longer pay my rent. Thing is, I would be in my right to not do so. Over here, tenants have a lot of rights, whereas landlords have far less, and when it comes to conflicts landlords tend to loose in 95% of the cases.

But hey, since they pay me back the money I paid to replace the empty batteries in the smokedetector in the hallway, I can't really complain much.

Comment

here, most tenants can withhold rent payments if necessary repairs aren't made in a timely manner, HOWEVER, they need to put the money in escrow so that if it goes to court, they can prove that they didn't pay the rent to the landlord because of the repairs, not because they just didn't pay it.
                              sigpic

Comment

Well the landlord finally got his head out of his butt and said he can meet the plumber tomorrow if he needed to AND used a smilie face, so crisis averted. Hopefully it'll be fixed tomorrow.

And on that note, I'm out. Good night!

Comment

Working...
                                X