Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in response to FH's post:
    Yeah, I guess it's logical that they read the forums for feed-back and ulterior reactions. But I wonder if they ever actively changed the course of the show because of "ideas" found in the discussion threads (for example: 'we don't like the uniforms'; "yay! we love Kaylee! she must have more screen time"; "we don't like McKay as the comic relief - he should act more manly"; or similar)

Oh, and speaking of rebellion , do you still have the "lemmingised" cast of Atlantis that you mentioned somwhere in the thread? And if you do, can I see it?
    UP THE LEMMINGS !
    Last edited by zbir; 13 January 2014, 02:07 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by zbir View Post
      Yeah, I guess it's logical that they read the forums for feed-back and ulterior reactions. But I wonder if they ever actively changed the course of the show because of "ideas" found in the discussion threads (for example: 'we don't like the uniforms'; "yay! we love Kaylee! she must have more screen time"; "we don't like McKay as the comic relief - he should act more manly"; or similar)
      No, I'm fairly sure they didn't. If they had then McShep would have been cannon. Jewel would have found herself out of a job, Elizabeth would have remained. Carson wouldn't have perished so stupidly (although there's a claim he was brought back cause of the backlash... a claim I do not ascribe to), they wouldn't have made contact with Earth so soon, Teyla and Ronon wouldn't have been holding up the walls like they did, Kate might still be alive ... wait, no... she wouldn't be, nobody cares for secondary characters like her but me... anywho...

TPTW pretty much rolled around their own puddle of mud and did whatever they liked without thinking much of the consequences of their actions. They were all powerful beings... kinda like the Wraith perhaps (or the Goa'uld).

Oh, and speaking of rebellion , do you still have the "lemmingised" cast of Atlantis that you mentioned somwhere in the thread? And if you do, can I see it?
      UP THE LEMMINGS !
      I think I do, yes. I'll check and PM you the link.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Thank you ! For everything.

(*whispers* I just went through the Sanctuary post-a-thon and I declare that I like the episode and Chaya very much. I would have never guessed that you were her only suporter. Count me in)

//ok, schlafen time ! It's 3 am , so I have 3 hours of sleep ahead.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Threads in such nature don't make it past the first page, if they even are allowed at all. Under the new set of rules, I doubt it to be fair. You would have been noodled by the mods.

They did read the forums ... and then you get featured in a blog post ... the height of my the rebellion I guess.
          We got away with a lot in the old days. A lot.

UP THE LEMMINGS !
          They did read GW and probably the SyFy forum but only listened when they agreed. Joe Mallozzi once said in response to a comment on his blog about the popularity of Sparky that they would not change the focus of the show no matter how many people wanted a certain outcome. So, we see how having that opinion turned out for them.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

About the only time that I *suspected* a link between online fandom and the show - My name showed up as a character in The Game. Now, my name is exceptionally uncommon, but I have been around SG fandom since the beginning.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              We got away with a lot in the old days. A lot.
              Oh yeah... we so got away with a lot of stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                Same here. I've read plenty of fanfic written by many of the people on this thread that would have made MUCH better episodes than some of the ones we got. Especially in the last two seasons.
                True dat. There are some amazing fic writers on this thread, as evidenced by the fact that many of the writers for SGA-Rising like the pairing of Sparky and yet wrote several episodes where it was not featured, Elizabeth wasn't even seen, and they paired John with Mayel. They didn't write based on their preference, and it was still an amazing piece of work.

I wish some RL script writers could be more like that.

Oh yeah... we so got away with a lot of stuff.
                Wish I'd been here back in the old days!

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                  You do realize we tiptoe'd very close near the border of the land of eternal banishment from the forum, right. I mean, infractions happened left, right and center. Moddings were a daily business and postcount constantly went up and down due to the deletion of whole conversations (or arguments in the shape of a dialogue). Socks were created (different socks then the ones from the Stinky Sock Association) and rained hellfire and brimstone on all who did not think as they did.

It was all out WAR!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                    True dat. There are some amazing fic writers on this thread, as evidenced by the fact that many of the writers for SGA-Rising like the pairing of Sparky and yet wrote several episodes where it was not featured, Elizabeth wasn't even seen, and they paired John with Mayel. They didn't write based on their preference, and it was still an amazing piece of work.

I wish some RL script writers could be more like that.

*twirls pistol and pushes back cowboy hat* Them were the wild 'ol days.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I remember them fondly though as it was the start of my Lemming story... I should perhaps write that autobiography after all (ref. the title in my signature).

Comment

You do realize we tiptoe'd very close near the border of the land of eternal banishment from the forum, right. I mean, infractions happened left, right and center. Moddings were a daily business and postcount constantly went up and down due to the deletion of whole conversations (or arguments in the shape of a dialogue). Socks were created (different socks then the ones from the Stinky Sock Association) and rained hellfire and brimstone on all who did not think as they did.

It was all out WAR!!
                        I was so excited when my first posts got deleted by the mods. I felt like I'd finally arrived.

Anyway, howdy all! There's some cute gifs going around on Tumblr from The Lost Boys (I think... or The Hive?) where Lorne comes through and Elizabeth mentions how Sheppard's team hasn't checked in. That was such a cute scene. Lorne totally knows all about the Sparky.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          I was so excited when my first posts got deleted by the mods. I felt like I'd finally arrived.
                          Officially initiated into the gang.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Ahhh, the good 'ol days. Makes Hell on Wheels look like a cake walk.

LOL!

Anyway, howdy all! There's some cute gifs going around on Tumblr from The Lost Boys (I think... or The Hive?) where Lorne comes through and Elizabeth mentions how Sheppard's team hasn't checked in. That was such a cute scene. Lorne totally knows all about the Sparky.
                            And those two extras in the background...betcha they couldn't wait to report to the rest of the rumor brigade!
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              And those two extras in the background...betcha they couldn't wait to report to the rest of the rumor brigade!
                              Yup. When Lorne says "they forget how much you worry" and Elizabeth looks up with her cute death glare, the duo in the back are like "Abort, Major, abort!"

Comment

Yup. When Lorne says "they forget how much you worry" and Elizabeth looks up with her cute death glare, the duo in the back are like "Abort, Major, abort!"
                                "We don't want to be on the graveyard shift ... again!"

Comment

Working...
                                X