Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Okay, that would be weird in 17th century London... unless you're the Doctor.
    The Doctor shows up in Atlantis... oh Lord, not another one...

Anyhoodle. Short little present:
    Spoiler:
    When Elizabeth came downstairs the next morning, Mary was amazingly already awake and dressed, sitting at the kitchen table as she nibbled at a piece of toast.

Mary turned to regard her sister. “Good morning, Elizabeth! How was your night?”

“As well as it can be, taking care of a sick nephew,” Elizabeth replied, trying to keep the sarcasm out of her voice.

It seemed to succeed, for Mary made a noncommittal “hmm” sound and continued chit-chatting. Elizabeth would’ve paid attention, but she wasn’t really concerned with what John Sheppard looked like, or how he treated the family, or what jokes Isa and Harri tried to tell.

Frankly, she didn’t want to care. It hurt too much.

So when Charlie stuck his head in from the back at the same time that someone knocked at the front door, Elizabeth politely dismissed herself to answer it.

She didn’t hear Charlie saying that he and John Sheppard had struck up a conversation the night before at dinner and that he was coming to meet him for a golf game.

When Elizabeth opened the front door, she frowned in confusion for less than a second before she realized that she knew the face behind the aviator sunglasses. The uncontrollable dark hair, the hazel eyes that she knew were there, the hint of five o'clock shadow even though it was ten in the morning, the lips that curved in a friendly smile until the realization of who he was looking at finally popped. After eight years, she still knew that face.

And he knew her too.

John Sheppard slowly took off the glasses, staring back at her in a look consisting of shock and confusion. “Elizabeth,” he enunciated slowly, almost in disbelief.

She knew the shock was visible on her face, and she strained until she finally found her voice. “John.”

After eight years, that's how she greeted him? Her mind berated her, but under the circumstances, nothing else was acceptable.

Not even feigning ignorance.

She didn't think her heart would let her, anyways.

Footsteps behind her culminated in Charlie and Mary arriving at the door. “Oh, I see you’ve met my sister, Elizabeth.”

John’s eyes widened, but didn’t leave Elizabeth, which she found slightly unnerving. “We’ve actually met. A very long time ago.”

Elizabeth turned her head down and slowly backed away from the door, giving John room to enter the foyer of their house. The dreadful possibility about someone asking how they had been acquainted began to overwhelm her; after all, Mary had been away at school and Charlie wasn't even in the picture yet.

But Mary was too self-centered and Charlie wasn't good at reading between the lines.

Mary was all grins and giggles as she commented on dinner last night and her health, neither of which anyone had asked about. John was polite enough to give her a courteous nod. Charlie patted his pocket for his keys and found them, giving Mary a quick kiss on the forehead as he and John headed back out the door.

Though Elizabeth didn’t miss the dark look that John threw over his shoulder just before she closed the door.

And just like that, John Sheppard walked out of her life. Again.

Comment

I've found some cute stories in the SGA Santa one.

There's Gen fic Atlantean Wonder. That one is really cute. Very fluffy and happy.

And there's what they call "Gen, but could be pre-Sparky if you look at it that way" (and trust me, it definitely reads as Sparky to me) : Things To Do In Colorado Springs (When You're Not Quite Dead)

Comment

Another awesome snippet, ShipperWriter!

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            I've found some cute stories in the SGA Santa one.

There's Gen fic Atlantean Wonder. That one is really cute. Very fluffy and happy.

And there's what they call "Gen, but could be pre-Sparky if you look at it that way" (and trust me, it definitely reads as Sparky to me) : Things To Do In Colorado Springs (When You're Not Quite Dead)
            Nice recs! Although I should probably re-read them now that I'm lucid and have had coffee.

And thank you! Once I have enough for the first couple of chapters, I'll post it on CD.

Yes! Elizabeth is very proud to have her man on display.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
              The Doctor shows up in Atlantis... oh Lord, not another one...

Anyhoodle. Short little present:
              Spoiler:
              When Elizabeth came downstairs the next morning, Mary was amazingly already awake and dressed, sitting at the kitchen table as she nibbled at a piece of toast.

Mary turned to regard her sister. “Good morning, Elizabeth! How was your night?”

“As well as it can be, taking care of a sick nephew,” Elizabeth replied, trying to keep the sarcasm out of her voice.

It seemed to succeed, for Mary made a noncommittal “hmm” sound and continued chit-chatting. Elizabeth would’ve paid attention, but she wasn’t really concerned with what John Sheppard looked like, or how he treated the family, or what jokes Isa and Harri tried to tell.

Frankly, she didn’t want to care. It hurt too much.

So when Charlie stuck his head in from the back at the same time that someone knocked at the front door, Elizabeth politely dismissed herself to answer it.

She didn’t hear Charlie saying that he and John Sheppard had struck up a conversation the night before at dinner and that he was coming to meet him for a golf game.

When Elizabeth opened the front door, she frowned in confusion for less than a second before she realized that she knew the face behind the aviator sunglasses. The uncontrollable dark hair, the hazel eyes that she knew were there, the hint of five o'clock shadow even though it was ten in the morning, the lips that curved in a friendly smile until the realization of who he was looking at finally popped. After eight years, she still knew that face.

And he knew her too.

John Sheppard slowly took off the glasses, staring back at her in a look consisting of shock and confusion. “Elizabeth,” he enunciated slowly, almost in disbelief.

She knew the shock was visible on her face, and she strained until she finally found her voice. “John.”

After eight years, that's how she greeted him? Her mind berated her, but under the circumstances, nothing else was acceptable.

Not even feigning ignorance.

She didn't think her heart would let her, anyways.

Footsteps behind her culminated in Charlie and Mary arriving at the door. “Oh, I see you’ve met my sister, Elizabeth.”

John’s eyes widened, but didn’t leave Elizabeth, which she found slightly unnerving. “We’ve actually met. A very long time ago.”

Elizabeth turned her head down and slowly backed away from the door, giving John room to enter the foyer of their house. The dreadful possibility about someone asking how they had been acquainted began to overwhelm her; after all, Mary had been away at school and Charlie wasn't even in the picture yet.

But Mary was too self-centered and Charlie wasn't good at reading between the lines.

Mary was all grins and giggles as she commented on dinner last night and her health, neither of which anyone had asked about. John was polite enough to give her a courteous nod. Charlie patted his pocket for his keys and found them, giving Mary a quick kiss on the forehead as he and John headed back out the door.

Though Elizabeth didn’t miss the dark look that John threw over his shoulder just before she closed the door.

And just like that, John Sheppard walked out of her life. Again.
              I kinda got stuck on the part where John takes off his aviators for a moment, but then I got past it. Great so far.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                I kinda got stuck on the part where John takes off his aviators for a moment, but then I got past it. Great so far.
                A good stuck, I hope. If I'd added any more description, I probably would've been drooling...

Comment

Vegas is coming up this weekend, baby!

SR - you better get ready for it now, if just reading about aviators got you all excited.

Can we discuss how awesome Johnny Cash's version of Solitary Man is? Cause it is. I heard it on my iPod this morning.

Comment

A good stuck, I hope. If I'd added any more description, I probably would've been drooling...

SR - you better get ready for it now, if just reading about aviators got you all excited.

Can we discuss how awesome Johnny Cash's version of Solitary Man is? Cause it is. I heard it on my iPod this morning.
                    And right there we have just what I was going to say. Vegas!baby. I can't wait.
                    sigpic

Comment

And right there we have just what I was going to say. Vegas!baby. I can't wait.
                      See? That's another thing we can agree about.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Guh! Yeah, the pretteh was out in force in that scene. *drools*

VEGAS! I'm gonna need some popcorn to enjoy this one. We're gonna have so much fun this Sunday!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Guh! Yeah, the pretteh was out in force in that scene. *drools*

VEGAS! I'm gonna need some popcorn to enjoy this one. We're gonna have so much fun this Sunday!
                          And we're not even going to need alcohol.
                          sigpic

Comment

But I can still enjoy the Pretteh with a margarita.

Meanwhile, I am beginning my break in a few minutes. Going home, taking a shower, throwing in laundry, and taking a nap. Oh, and posting fic. It's up to 40 pages.
                            Last edited by ShipperWriter; 20 December 2013, 10:10 AM.

Comment

But I can still enjoy the Pretteh with a margarita.
                              THIS. Gotta send off Vegas!John in style, right?

Meanwhile, I am beginning my break in a few minutes. Going home, taking a shower, throwing in laundry, and taking a nap. Oh, and posting fic. It's up to 40 pages.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                                I really like this one, Nolamom.
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                                X