Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I did read the book. I read it in high school and again in college. I read the "damn" book aloud to my son before he could read it for himself. My husband has read it so many times he has lost count, and so have most of my friends. Heck, I belonged to a Tolkien fan club in high school before anyone else here was even born. So, yes, I wanted to see a movie about the book, not someone's idea of what the book should have been.

I said I liked the movie and I did, but I just think when you make a movie from a book, not just this one but any book, the movie should only be about what is actually written in the book! And that is my last word on that. I am sorry I mentioned it.
    Don't be sorry. The one who should be sorry is the one who insulted it by calling it the "damn book" instead of trying to understand what a good book-to-movie adaptation should do.

As for me, I won't be seeing it until Christmas (new family tradition: go see a movie on Christmas Day, LOL!). So I'm withholding judgment until then. We'll see what my dad (aka the family's resident Tolkien expert) says about it.

And just for giggles... S-minus 17 hours and 18 minutes to the "Identity" post-a-thon! Hope you've all stocked up on your favorite booze!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I went and saw "Catching Fire" last night and was very satisfied with it. Of course,
      Spoiler:
      the ending made me go download "Mockingjay" and start re-reading it.

Comment

sigpic
        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          I went and saw "Catching Fire" last night and was very satisfied with it. Of course,
          Spoiler:
          the ending made me go download "Mockingjay" and start re-reading it.
          Did you hold up your hand in the "signal" during that one scene? Tell me you wanted to. LOL
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

does that actually work?
            sigpic

Comment

sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and...S-minus 4 hours and 35 minutes to the "Identity" post-a-thon!

On today's College Football Round-up, the Marines of Atlantis are celebrating this weekend with Navy's win over Army 34-7!

Did you hold up your hand in the "signal" during that one scene? Tell me you wanted to. LOL
                I wanted to!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I adored who they had initiate that hand signal.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      I adored who they had initiate that hand signal.
                      Me too. I adored that whole scene. You won't agree with this, but I"m thinking The Hunger Games books are this generation's Atlas Shrugged.
                      sigpic

Comment

S-minus 30 minutes to the "Identity" post-a-thon!

Me too. I adored that whole scene. You won't agree with this, but I"m thinking The Hunger Games books are this generation's Atlas Shrugged.
                        Hmm, great minds think alike. *high-fives*

Comment

S-minus 15 minutes!

Comment

Hello, everyone! I am here and ready for "Identity".
                            sigpic
                            sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

S-minus 10 minutes! Hope everyone's got their booze ready!

Comment

I'm here too. No booze yet. I'll save that for afterwards.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X