Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    Michael's existential crisis is centered around the fact that he's alone. He's unique and one of a kind. Betrayed and rejected by both wraith and humanity, his only companion is revenge. Having another being who fits that exact bill kind of mucks that up a little bit. And the clone will have to deal with the fact that'd he feel all those memories but none of them would be real. I'm not entirely sure he'd thank Michael for it. There's also the fact that with Michael's weird thing for Teyla, he probably wouldn't want to create somebody else with the same desire. Surely that alone would cause problems for the clones?

The duplicates of the team that the rouge Asuarans created or the clone Carson may have essentially the same personality as the original team but they can't have exactly the same sense of identity because they know they aren't the "really" them. And Michael's motives fotr galactic domination are inherently caught up in his sense of identity.
    And maybe Michael was drawn to Teyla because of her Wraith DNA and also thought she would understand him.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Michael's existential crisis is centered around the fact that he's alone. He's unique and one of a kind. Betrayed and rejected by both wraith and humanity, his only companion is revenge. Having another being who fits that exact bill kind of mucks that up a little bit. And the clone will have to deal with the fact that'd he feel all those memories but none of them would be real. I'm not entirely sure he'd thank Michael for it. There's also the fact that with Michael's weird thing for Teyla, he probably wouldn't want to create somebody else with the same desire. Surely that alone would cause problems for the clones?

The duplicates of the team that the rouge Asuarans created or the clone Carson may have essentially the same personality as the original team but they can't have exactly the same sense of identity because they know they aren't the "really" them. And Michael's motives fotr galactic domination are inherently caught up in his sense of identity.
      True enough. On the other hand, cloning himself and using the clone to do his dirty work while he stays safe back in his base sounds just like the sort of twisted thinking Michael would employ. And it's just the sort of crazy convoluted idea that TPTW loved.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      And maybe Michael was drawn to Teyla because of her Wraith DNA and also thought she would understand him.
      Oh, like how Bug!Shep was only drawn to Teyla because of her Wraith DNA?
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          True enough. On the other hand, cloning himself and using the clone to do his dirty work while he stays safe back in his base sounds just like the sort of twisted thinking Michael would employ. And it's just the sort of crazy convoluted idea that TPTW loved.

Oh, like how Bug!Shep was only drawn to Teyla because of her Wraith DNA?
          Yeah, like that.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Yeah, like that.
            Thought so.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'm gonna try and post some more fic tomorrow. And maybe a couple of photographic treats.

G'night!

Comment

any body here watch arrow tonight?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                  I'm gonna try and post some more fic tomorrow. And maybe a couple of photographic treats.

G'night!
                  Looking forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    any body here watch arrow tonight?
                    Did this happen in it? I might try to watch the show in such a case.
                    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Did this happen in it? I might try to watch the show in such a case.
                      He definitely pwnd but he didn't hum. Kind of hard to do when you don't actually have an intro. They just slap on the title and be done with it. And of course, there's the half minute "My name is Oliver Queen...".
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Want to see what Doctor Who character I am.

ETA: OH YEAH!!!! I'M RIVER SONG!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          Want to see what Doctor Who character I am.

Brilliant!

Haha, I'm Rose Tyler! I get to song David Tennant!

... I'm sooooo happy.

Comment

Who am I?

Who's Amy Pond?
                            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              Hello Sweetie!

Also, Daleks got to you, you're exterminated.

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                              Who's Amy Pond?
                              Wife of Rory Williams, and first companion of Matt's Eleventh. She's a fiesty redhead. And River's mother.

"Come along Ponds!"

I'm Clara..... which makes me so happy!
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Hello Sweetie!

Also, Daleks got to you, you're exterminated.
                                So was I!

Wife of Rory Williams, and first companion of Matt's Eleventh. She's a fiesty redhead. And River's mother.

"Come along Ponds!"

I'm Clara..... which makes me so happy!
                                Awesome! I love Clara!

I did most of the BBC America's Series 5 rewatch yesterday. Even though I have them on Netflix. And I have two shirts for the special: one for Saturday at home with friends, and one for Monday at the theater. Can't wait!

... I'm now typing this with a British accent.
                                Last edited by ShipperWriter; 22 November 2013, 06:41 AM. Reason: I suck at typing one handed.

Comment

Working...
                                X