No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In all of my windows years, and I've had plenty, I never had the BSoD. Not once. And when I did have it, it was to yank my colleagues' chain. Put it as my desktop wallpaper, made the bar below disappear, and made all icons invisible. FUN!! They would fall for it every single time.

The ever winding discussion between Mac & Windows is rather ridiculous though... cause no one's right, and yet everybody's right. I sincerely hope the expedition used their own OS, a hybrid of Linux perhaps.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post

Sheppard: What exactly are you implying Teyla?

Teyla: Oh nothing John. Only that it is strange that Elizabeth's desk shattered. Stranger that you have glass wounds on your back. Stranger still that Elizabeth has them on her knees

Sheppard: It was an accident. I was resting on her desk. It couldn't take the weight and collapsed. Elizabeth knelt down to check that I was okay and got glass in her knees

Teyla: Hmmm. Sounds plausible. I'll put that in my IOA report. How do I explain why you were naked?

Sheppard: I don't know Teyla - do I have to think of everything?
      You got it, gateraid!!! Might be your best yet.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Yup. In my case, it's usually because the regular spinny hard drive is trying to play catch-up to the solid state drive that's my primary drive. (OMG I wish they made bigger SSDs, they're awesome!)
        I just got a new external 1T drive that is about the size of an iPhone. Amazing. Great strides are being made in storage space.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Well, in an ironic twist of fate, I broke my left pinky finger playing football with some of the guys in band before the competition. Oh holy crap. Haven't broken anything in so long, I forgot what it feels like. Thank God auto-correct has my back. Typing with one hand ain't all its cracked up to be.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          I can help with that. BSoD is the blue screen of death that you get on Windows, as opposed to the SBBoD or spinning beach ball of death you get on the Mac. But you'll notice that the SBBoD is less frequent and doesn't last as long. Sometimes it just means the machine is thinking.
          Aah. I thought it meant something like BatS***ofDoom. Blue screen is better.

I just got a new external 1T drive that is about the size of an iPhone. Amazing. Great strides are being made in storage space.
          Just finished backing mine up. It's amazing, too -- the last desktop PC that my mom bought was a 75GB in 1998. My iPhone is 64GB.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            Well, in an ironic twist of fate, I broke my left pinky finger playing football with some of the guys in band before the competition. Oh holy crap. Haven't broken anything in so long, I forgot what it feels like. Thank God auto-correct has my back. Typing with one hand ain't all its cracked up to be.

Just finished backing mine up. It's amazing, too -- the last desktop PC that my mom bought was a 75GB in 1998. My iPhone is 64GB.
            Something we forgot about on the Mac vs. Windows discussion is that Macs are less likely to be invaded by viruses or any of those bad things. And according to Mr. SR, since the IOS is based on Unix, each piece of software has its own space, meaning that when you install something new it can't infringe on something else that is already there and cause incompatibility problems. Probably more techie info than anyone really needs, but again another explanation for why Macs don't crash as much. Windows works fine until you try to do a lot of complicated things like videos and games. I remember when I was making videos before we switched to Mac, my computer used to crash every time I tried to render the vid. So, the money investment has been worth the loss of aggravation to us.
            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and... S-minus 4 hours and 50 minutes until shirtless Sheppard on The Lost Tribe!

Ouch! ShipperWriter, I hope your finger heals up soon! Broken anything is not fun.

And here's the College Football Round-up: Georgia had a bye this week, Virginia Tech lost to Duke 13-10, USC beat Utah 19-3, UTSA beat UTB 52-31, Navy beat Pittsburgh 24-21, and Air Force lost to Notre Dame 45-10. Congrats to all the winners and condolences to everyone whose teams are feeling the agony of defeat. Sheppard's not having a good week.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              In all of my windows years, and I've had plenty, I never had the BSoD. Not once. And when I did have it, it was to yank my colleagues' chain. Put it as my desktop wallpaper, made the bar below disappear, and made all icons invisible. FUN!! They would fall for it every single time.
              Oh that is so EVIL! I like it.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              The ever winding discussion between Mac & Windows is rather ridiculous though... cause no one's right, and yet everybody's right. I sincerely hope the expedition used their own OS, a hybrid of Linux perhaps.
              Considering all the new programming we've seen Rodney writing nearly every week, they'd pretty much have to have a custom system built for them.

Well, getting a BSoD is certainly something to make one go BatS***ofDoom.

Something we forgot about on the Mac vs. Windows discussion is that Macs are less likely to be invaded by viruses or any of those bad things. And according to Mr. SR, since the IOS is based on Unix, each piece of software has its own space, meaning that when you install something new it can't infringe on something else that is already there and cause incompatibility problems. Probably more techie info than anyone really needs, but again another explanation for why Macs don't crash as much. Windows works fine until you try to do a lot of complicated things like videos and games. I remember when I was making videos before we switched to Mac, my computer used to crash every time I tried to render the vid. So, the money investment has been worth the loss of aggravation to us.
              I love sandboxing.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

S-minus 20 minutes to The Lost Tribe!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

A lot of time when you have system crashes, it is because you don't really have enough RAM to do multi-tasking. I rarely have even any slowing since I got my machine - I upgraded it to maximize RAM before I brought it home. I can browse the web, use Photoshop, download and covert video, AND use Moviemaker all at the same time. Oh, and have Word open to refer to notes...

My husband had a machine built for him a few months ago with triple DVD drives, super video card, tons of RAM and memory - it's his business computer and he's an architectural designer who does a great deal of 3D work.
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm here for a change for the postathon. I hope I remember how to be snarky.
                    sigpic

Comment

S-minus 10 minutes to The Lost Tribe!

I'm here for a change for the postathon. I hope I remember how to be snarky.
                      It's like riding a bike.

Comment

Hello, everyone! I am here and ready for "The Lost Tribe".
                        sigpic
                        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Enjoy the postathon! Trying to type with a splint on is next to impossible.

That and I'm having a "Miranda" marathon. It's a British sitcom that is, what I like to call, hilarious.

Comment

S-minus 5 minutes!

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                            Hello, everyone! I am here and ready for "The Lost Tribe".
                            Yay!

Enjoy the postathon! Trying to type with a splint on is next to impossible.

That and I'm having a "Miranda" marathon. It's a British sitcom that is, what I like to call, hilarious.
                            Aww, we'll miss you! But take care of that finger, and enjoy your show!

Comment

S-minus 3 minutes!

Comment

S-minus 2 minutes!

Comment

Working...
                                X