Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good to hear! And Go Dawgs! (Hopefully my Trojans do well tonight...)

And now to a bit of threadkeeping news... It seems GW will be undergoing a server move sometime this weekend, and the latest word is it may be on Sunday. We'll see if this affects the post-a-thon (this week we're on First Contact). Stay tuned!
    Advance notice: I can't be here this Sunday. We're going to see Gravity and then to Ted's for bison burgers with a stop after at Coldstone Creamery. So psyched.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

A little thread spamming in an effort to make sure folks aren't caught off guard this weekend

Heads up re the next Server Move:

Estimated downtime will be 3-4hrs between the 11th and 14th of October.
        Changes to DNS settings will be nearly instantaneous for most of us, but propagation (ie reconnection to the new server address) may take hours,or as much as 24-48 hours to reach everyone, since it depends on your ISP.

If there are any changes to that schedule,or any other info,we'll try to let you all know in advance via the Ask the Mods thread ,this thread ,the Alphasite and/or GW Twitter.

Thanks in advance for your patience!

Feel free to pass the info around.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

so i guess this mean no SGA rewatch this weekend?

Comment

hopefully the server migration will only take a few hours - not 48!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              so i guess this mean no SGA rewatch this weekend?
              As I said when I posted about this before the official announcement trickled down (always remember to read the thread first in case someone's already covered it ), stay tuned. First they said this weekend, then narrowed it down to Sunday, but we still don't know just when. For all we know, the whole thing could be finished before post-a-thon time.

But if enough people would prefer to postpone First Contact until the following Sunday (October 20), I have no objections.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                hopefully the server migration will only take a few hours - not 48!
                I can see Mr. SR laughing his butt off at this. It always takes longer than they estimate. Plus it sounds like some of us will be able to get on when others can't. So I think patience is in order. If you want to postpone the postathon, I'm good with that since I won't be here anyway.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

And congrats to my USC Trojans, who beat Arizona last night 38-31! Fight on!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  I can see Mr. SR laughing his butt off at this. It always takes longer than they estimate. Plus it sounds like some of us will be able to get on when others can't. So I think patience is in order. If you want to postpone the postathon, I'm good with that since I won't be here anyway.
                  Hah! I can see Mr. SR laughing at it too.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Go Dawgs!
                    Good to hear! And Go Dawgs! (Hopefully my Trojans do well tonight...)

And now to a bit of threadkeeping news... It seems GW will be undergoing a server move sometime this weekend, and the latest word is it may be on Sunday. We'll see if this affects the post-a-thon (this week we're on First Contact). Stay tuned!
                    Go Trojans, Go Hokies! *waves flag* And anyone else who roots for a CFB team.
                    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Advance notice: I can't be here this Sunday. We're going to see Gravity and then to Ted's for bison burgers with a stop after at Coldstone Creamery. So psyched.
                      I love bison. *Must remember to ask my dad where he found it last time.*

As I said when I posted about this before the official announcement trickled down (always remember to read the thread first in case someone's already covered it ), stay tuned. First they said this weekend, then narrowed it down to Sunday, but we still don't know just when. For all we know, the whole thing could be finished before post-a-thon time.

But if enough people would prefer to postpone First Contact until the following Sunday (October 20), I have no objections.
                      Pushing it back a week is fine by me.
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

So, we've got three votes to postpone this Sunday's post-a-thon to avoid any conflicts with GW's impending server move... Does anyone else want to weigh in, or shall we just go ahead and declare First Contact postponed until the 20th?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

So, we've got three votes to postpone this Sunday's post-a-thon to avoid any conflicts with GW's impending server move... Does anyone else want to weigh in, or shall we just go ahead and declare First Contact postponed until the 20th?
                                Well I'm probably going to be out tomorrow, but then I haven't been at a post-a-thon in quite some time so I don't think I really count.

Comment

Working...
                                X