• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
    How many cats are piled on you, SW?
    Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    it only takes one if it's big enough
    I had two. And they were big'uns.

But I still ended up finishing it. Just a cutesy little AU oneshot. Give me a minute and I'll post it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      I had two. And they were big'uns.

But I still ended up finishing it. Just a cutesy little AU oneshot. Give me a minute and I'll post it.
      Eeek! Where will you be posting it?
      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Here.

Spoiler:
        Elizabeth Weir only had one class period of tests left to grade from her economics class when her desk phone rang.

Her gaze didn’t leave the pile as she answered. “Elizabeth Weir,” she greeted out of habit.

“Hi, this is Moira Nelson, the nurse at Lakewood Elementary?”

Elizabeth’s eyebrow raised and she dropped the marker. “Yes?”

“I have your daughter, Emma, in the clinic. She’s running a fever of 101 and needs to go home. Are you in a position to come get her?”

She glanced at the clock. It was 11:15 in the morning, and between her planning period and her lunch break, she wasn’t due back until 12:30. But Emma had a temperature; she needed to be at home in bed.

And of course, it had to be a Friday. The worst day to try and get a sub.

“Let me call my office and ask. Can you call my husband too and let him know?”

“Of course. Do you know how long until one of you can be here?”

“If my work lets me off, I can be there in fifteen minutes.”

“Okay, well, if you can come get her, just give us a call back.” Moira gave the clinic extension, assured Elizabeth that they would call her husband, and then got off the phone.

Then Elizabeth dialed the front office.

------------

Half an hour later, Lydia promised that they would have a sub to cover her afternoon classes, and Elizabeth arrived to pick up Emma from her school.

She didn’t notice the black Charger in the parking lot.

She signed into the visitor’s log, not noticing the signature above hers, and made her way to the clinic. The sight that greeted her was not what she expected.

It was still a good one, though.

John Sheppard was holding their daughter in his arms, her head leaning against his shoulder while her lips were slightly parted as she breathed. His hazel eyes met hers and he smiled. “Hey.”

Elizabeth smiled back and pulled her bag a little higher on her shoulder. “Hey. I didn’t know if the clinic got ahold of you or not.”

“I wasn’t sure if you were gonna be able to come.”

“What about your job this afternoon?”

John shrugged as best he could while cradling their eight year old daughter. “I can record the presentation and send it to them. Besides, she is more important.”

Elizabeth smiled, grateful to have such a loving husband and caring father for their daughter.

“Let’s get her home and tucked in.”

----------------

John stood at the door to Emma’s room as Elizabeth finished settling her in and turning out the light. As she stood and walked towards him, John opened his arms and pulled her in. “You’re a good mom, you know that?”

“Eeh.” She accepted his arms and pulled them tighter around her as she pressed her back against his chest. Emma had finally drifted off to sleep a few minutes ago and she looked so peaceful sleeping in her bed that you would never know she got brought home from school with the flu.

“You are.” John pressed a kiss to her cheek. “I think Emma was making you a certificate to that effect.”

“Oh really?” Elizabeth asked with a chuckle, turning around to face him and placing her hands around his neck.

“Yeah. Even had a gift certificate for you.” John began walking them backwards away from Emma’s door and Elizabeth reached behind her to close the door.

“What was it for?”

John frowned. “I’m not su--”

Elizabeth’s lips on his cut him off, and he closed his eyes and kissed her back, just in time for her to pull back.

Her green eyes smiled at him. “You are an amazing person, a wonderful father, and the only man I would ever want for a husband.”

He smirked. “Love you too,” he replied, and kissed her again.

And on that fluffy note, I'm going to bed. *pops Nyquil*

Comment

Love it!
          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Here.

Spoiler:
            Elizabeth Weir only had one class period of tests left to grade from her economics class when her desk phone rang.

Her gaze didn’t leave the pile as she answered. “Elizabeth Weir,” she greeted out of habit.

“I have your daughter, Emma, in the clinic. She’s running a fever of 101 and needs to go home. Are you in a position to come get her?”

She glanced at the clock. It was 11:15 in the morning, and between her planning period and her lunch break, she wasn’t due back until 12:30. But Emma had a temperature; she needed to be at home in bed.

“Okay, well, if you can come get her, just give us a call back.” Moira gave the clinic extension, assured Elizabeth that they would call her husband, and then got off the phone.

------------

Half an hour later, Lydia promised that they would have a sub to cover her afternoon classes, and Elizabeth arrived to pick up Emma from her school.

She signed into the visitor’s log, not noticing the signature above hers, and made her way to the clinic. The sight that greeted her was not what she expected.

John Sheppard was holding their daughter in his arms, her head leaning against his shoulder while her lips were slightly parted as she breathed. His hazel eyes met hers and he smiled. “Hey.”

Elizabeth smiled back and pulled her bag a little higher on her shoulder. “Hey. I didn’t know if the clinic got ahold of you or not.”

John shrugged as best he could while cradling their eight year old daughter. “I can record the presentation and send it to them. Besides, she is more important.”

Elizabeth smiled, grateful to have such a loving husband and caring father for their daughter.

----------------

John stood at the door to Emma’s room as Elizabeth finished settling her in and turning out the light. As she stood and walked towards him, John opened his arms and pulled her in. “You’re a good mom, you know that?”

“Eeh.” She accepted his arms and pulled them tighter around her as she pressed her back against his chest. Emma had finally drifted off to sleep a few minutes ago and she looked so peaceful sleeping in her bed that you would never know she got brought home from school with the flu.

“You are.” John pressed a kiss to her cheek. “I think Emma was making you a certificate to that effect.”

“Oh really?” Elizabeth asked with a chuckle, turning around to face him and placing her hands around his neck.

“Yeah. Even had a gift certificate for you.” John began walking them backwards away from Emma’s door and Elizabeth reached behind her to close the door.

“What was it for?”

Elizabeth’s lips on his cut him off, and he closed his eyes and kissed her back, just in time for her to pull back.

Her green eyes smiled at him. “You are an amazing person, a wonderful father, and the only man I would ever want for a husband.”

Love it, SW!

*Sends bowl of chicken noodle soup and box of tissues*
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

hehehe - and those of us who ARE teachers and have to find some way to cover our classes when emergencies arise, salute you!
              sigpic

Comment

Here.

Spoiler:

------------

----------------

“What was it for?”

Terrific. I love the way Nyquil makes you think.

hehehe - and those of us who ARE teachers and have to find some way to cover our classes when emergencies arise, salute you!
                Amen. I remember once when I turned green in the middle of the day, and the principal covered my class for me. Good times.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

that was me yesterday - so dizzy I couldn't move my head (awful migraine) I put in for a sub, but one never came, so the asst. principal coordinated a bunch of different subs and/or teachers to cover my classes after I went home at 11:20
                  sigpic

Comment

that was me yesterday - so dizzy I couldn't move my head (awful migraine) I put in for a sub, but one never came, so the asst. principal coordinated a bunch of different subs and/or teachers to cover my classes after I went home at 11:20
                    Hope you are feeling better today. There is nothing worse than being sick and having a class to teach.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

ShipperWriter, I think your new ficlet merits a return appearance of JT-2's "It's so fluffy!" pic! That's adorable! *squees* And I hope you're feeling better today! *passes over more tissues*
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                        Love it, SW!

*Sends bowl of chicken noodle soup and box of tissues*
                        Thanks!

You're welcome! This was actually inspired by my being sick and a couple of other teachers who were out and trying to find subs.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        Terrific. I love the way Nyquil makes you think.

Amen. I remember once when I turned green in the middle of the day, and the principal covered my class for me. Good times.
                        This was before the NyQuil. And to be honest, I think I would've slept better without it.

I love APs that will work hard to help teachers. Hope you're feeling better!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! Good luck to everyone's teams!

ShipperWriter, I think your new ficlet merits a return appearance of JT-2's "It's so fluffy!" pic! That's adorable! *squees* And I hope you're feeling better today! *passes over more tissues*
                        Unfortunately not. Sore throat is mostly gone, but despite the DayQuil and a full night of what passed as sleep, the head is fully congested and the runny nose has started.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Thanks!
                            You're welcome.
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X