• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Well said.
    Thanks.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    The explanation TPTW gave later was that Ford dialed the jumper's DHD and the jumper basically flew itself on autopilot. If you remember from Rising, Ford dialed the jumper's DHD to open the space gate back to Atlantis when they were trying to escape the Wraith, so TPTW's explanation for Ford being able to "fly" the jumper in The Siege seems plausible. Sort of.

In Joe We Trust.
    I have one bone to pick with TPTW reasoning. In the pilot, the Jumpers didn't even power up unless someone with the ATA gene walked into them. If that is the case how the heck was there power for Ford to even dial the DHD?

Originally posted by Varda View Post
    And yes, I am back! ^^ Glad to see you all again.
    How're you?
    My tour was amazing, we visited so many places and met a lot of wonderful people. Though it was quite exhausting also, now my friend and me literally dream about one more holiday, this time lazy and somewhere by the warm sea. Ah, dreams

mandogater, here are photos for you! Later will be more, much more (maybe I upload them on Tumblr, not sure about this so far), and that's just sth to begin with
    A little warning: photos are quite big, so I just share their links. Enjoy!
    Xi'an:
    http://i.imgur.com/vK7jJ1n.jpg
    Shanghai:
    http://i.imgur.com/WGQleJz.jpg
    Hong Kong:
    http://i.imgur.com/bjUPdFY.jpg
    *Tackle hugs*

Glad to hear you had fun, Varda.

Thanks for posting the links for the pics. They are awesome.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
      And "Casualties of War" and "Rising" are own their way!!!!
      Yay! Hope you enjoy them!

Why in the world, would the head of the medical department, joke with such a thing, is she a kid or what!? That was just stupid!!! How professional was that?!!
      Obviously, TPTW were thinking more of what cutely stupid thing they could get Keller to say instead of actually making her a competent doctor.

Oh well, we've got SGA Rising for that.

I have to admit that I also like the scenes where John is trapped under the debris with Ronon.
      Never says no to Shep!whump.

Originally posted by Annelantis View Post
      Hey guys,

Been off working hard for the last few days. It's been busy at work and I haven't had a chance when I get home to look in.

I loved the snarkfest that was the Search and Rescue postathon. I may be controversial here but I quite like this episode. The dream at the beginning did and still does baffle me, mind you, though it was nice to see Ford again. I loved the talk between John and Ronon whilst they're trapped and John's resignation to his fate. I also love Rodney helping Teyla to give birth (and yes, as a woman who has been there, it was not that easy, not by a long shot!) but Rodney's face and fear over it is just fantastic. I also think it is easily AT's best ep as Carter in Atlantis (though not difficult) but she seemed more like Sam. Her face when Woolsey tells her she's not going back is pretty priceless. As for Teyla giving her son the middle name of John I always thought it was because he was a good friend, had saved her and her child and was also the reason for the fight against the Wraith, etc.

Anyway, that's all. Hope everyone is well. I am going to type up chater 13 but will prbably look in over the course of the evening.
      Actually, I rather like S&R as well. For all its faults, it is a pretty good Team Atlantis episode.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      I have one bone to pick with TPTW reasoning. In the pilot, the Jumpers didn't even power up unless someone with the ATA gene walked into them. If that is the case how the heck was there power for Ford to even dial the DHD?
      And that's where the "sort of" part comes in.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Y’know, I was watching Search and Rescue Sunday night, and it hit me how much Sheyla fans have been subjected to one huge bait and switch. John’s putative crush on Teyla in the first season, The Kiss in the second season (which was actually kind of creepy), the circus of the fourth season, the Search and Rescue scene, the big talk in The Queen, and all of it went nowhere. All they got was the assurance that if only, if only that movie could’ve been made, it would’ve been exactly what they wanted, really it would. No wonder that the books that won’t be named so assiduously ignore what actually happened onscreen.

It’s like a bad boyfriend who keeps saying he really, really will change and never does, and long after he’s gone word gets back that he’s saying she just didn’t understand, and if she’d just hung on a little longer it would’ve worked out.

That’s why I’m skeptical about all the tptb’s assertions that yup, for sure, we really, really meant Sheyla. Really we did. Honestly and for true. I read here that Mr. Mullie put the kibosh on J/T early in the fourth season because John wouldn’t date somebody in his command. That sounds like retroactive justification, and it’s exactly the excuse they used on SG-1 for keeping Sam and Jack apart for years. It’s no more believable when the subject is Atlantis.

For the record, I don’t think they knew what they wanted, or what they were going to do. And in the final year or so I don’t think they cared. Also for the record, Search and Rescue was actually pretty good, with some big holes. I did love Rodney's line about delivering a baby being enough for one day.

Another missed opportunity, that could've been really good and was just pretty good. Too bad. But I say that a lot.

Comment

sigpic
          Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by smalltowngirl View Post
            Y’know, I was watching Search and Rescue Sunday night, and it hit me how much Sheyla fans have been subjected to one huge bait and switch. John’s putative crush on Teyla in the first season, The Kiss in the second season (which was actually kind of creepy), the circus of the fourth season, the Search and Rescue scene, the big talk in The Queen, and all of it went nowhere. All they got was the assurance that if only, if only that movie could’ve been made, it would’ve been exactly what they wanted, really it would. No wonder that the books that won’t be named so assiduously ignore what actually happened onscreen.

It’s like a bad boyfriend who keeps saying he really, really will change and never does, and long after he’s gone word gets back that he’s saying she just didn’t understand, and if she’d just hung on a little longer it would’ve worked out.

That’s why I’m skeptical about all the tptb’s assertions that yup, for sure, we really, really meant Sheyla. Really we did. Honestly and for true. I read here that Mr. Mullie put the kibosh on J/T early in the fourth season because John wouldn’t date somebody in his command. That sounds like retroactive justification, and it’s exactly the excuse they used on SG-1 for keeping Sam and Jack apart for years. It’s no more believable when the subject is Atlantis.

For the record, I don’t think they knew what they wanted, or what they were going to do. And in the final year or so I don’t think they cared. Also for the record, Search and Rescue was actually pretty good, with some big holes. I did love Rodney's line about delivering a baby being enough for one day.

Another missed opportunity, that could've been really good and was just pretty good. Too bad. But I say that a lot.
            I don't remember the big talk in The Queen?

Otherwise, you hit the nail right on the head. It sounds like they said a bunch of things just to please the shippers, with no regard for Sparky, of course.

I also remember how JM and others kept assuring us that Elizabeth's part in S4 was going to be thrilling and wonderful and WOW, why are you complaining when she's going to be in 4 whole episodes. Pffffttt! We see how truthful that was. He always reminded me of a politician. You had to parse every single word on that blog of his to get even close to the whole truth, and even then, only half of it could be believed.

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
            http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/l547/OCD_32/Artwork/Untitled-1.jpg~original
            So beautiful. And I see you are a Perception fan. Love that show. Love the ship.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Gorgeous sig banner, Madness reigns!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              I don't remember the big talk in The Queen?

Otherwise, you hit the nail right on the head. It sounds like they said a bunch of things just to please the shippers, with no regard for Sparky, of course.

I also remember how JM and others kept assuring us that Elizabeth's part in S4 was going to be thrilling and wonderful and WOW, why are you complaining when she's going to be in 4 whole episodes. Pffffttt! We see how truthful that was. He always reminded me of a politician. You had to parse every single word on that blog of his to get even close to the whole truth, and even then, only half of it could be believed.
              Ohhh yes. TPTW kept talking the talk, kept telling us over and over again that Sam was going to be so great, that Elizabeth was going to have a really interesting arc, all of it. And what did we get? A whole lot of nothing that fizzled out like a bad batch of Fourth of July fireworks.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Gorgeous sig banner, Madness reigns!

Ohhh yes. TPTW kept talking the talk, kept telling us over and over again that Sam was going to be so great, that Elizabeth was going to have a really interesting arc, all of it. And what did we get? A whole lot of nothing that fizzled out like a bad batch of Fourth of July fireworks.
                Yep, they kept telling us, but they never showed us. At least they were consistent.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Yep, they kept telling us, but they never showed us. At least they were consistent.
                  That's the one thing they were consistent about.

Comment

And that's where the "sort of" part comes in.
                    Along with lots of hand waving and a plot hole big enough to fly a Super Star Destroyer through.

Comment

I know!!! I remember at the time when I realised what was happening, that Sam was replacing Elizabeth as leader and being upset about it. Then I heard that she was going to be back as a semi-regular with a fantastic and exciting arc and I thought, Okay, something to really stretch her character would be good because she wasn't doing a lot towards the end of Season 3. And then she'll be back properly.

Stupid, stupid, stupid me! I was so naive at the time, just putting my trust into the runners and writers and having no idea of what was going on behind the scenes back then. If only I had known. Well, I probably would have given up the show during the course of Season 4 then, once I realised that Weir was never coming back (though I didn't when it became clear in Season 5 - but then it was a better season than 4 IMO).

Season 4 has just started on Sky here and I saw a bit of Tabula Rasa. Once again, I found myself imagining parts of the ep with Weir in it and immediately, it was just much better. I met TH a couple of months ago at a con here in England and when she heard about my story she said it would be really cool if we could do a Kickstarter of it and she would come back to play Weir. My mind has wandered to that a few times as well as the plot revelations of the actual movie-that-never-was and I feel so disappointed that we will never see her play Weir again. Obviously, if there were a Kickstarter of a story I have read, I think I would rather seem Primum Movens, parts 1 and 2. That would be awesome! But expensive, I suppose, especially that last set-piece...
                      sigpic

Comment

The only reason I think John was more consistently sad was because of Joe's stubbornness (we <3 you, Joe).
                        In Joe We Trust.
                        Yes, we do!!!!

I will always wonder if Torri had agreed to do GitM, would they have used her for this cameo.
                        And create a Sparky moment in the middle of that moment?! Probably not.

The explanation TPTW gave later was that Ford dialed the jumper's DHD and the jumper basically flew itself on autopilot. If you remember from Rising, Ford dialed the jumper's DHD to open the space gate back to Atlantis when they were trying to escape the Wraith, so TPTW's explanation for Ford being able to "fly" the jumper in The Siege seems plausible. Sort of.
                        But on that time John was also flying the Jumper, Ford might have dialed the Jumper’s DHD but John was the one flying the Jumper. So I am guessing not quite the same situation as in The Siege part 3.

Originally posted by Varda View Post
                        And yes, I am back! ^^ Glad to see you all again.
                        How're you?
                        My tour was amazing, we visited so many places and met a lot of wonderful people. Though it was quite exhausting also, now my friend and me literally dream about one more holiday, this time lazy and somewhere by the warm sea. Ah, dreams

mandogater, here are photos for you! Later will be more, much more (maybe I upload them on Tumblr, not sure about this so far), and that's just sth to begin with
                        A little warning: photos are quite big, so I just share their links. Enjoy!
                        Xi'an:
                        http://i.imgur.com/vK7jJ1n.jpg
                        Shanghai:
                        http://i.imgur.com/WGQleJz.jpg
                        Hong Kong:
                        http://i.imgur.com/bjUPdFY.jpg
                        Hey, it sure seems you had a great time! And it seems you have been to The Peak, haven’t you? The photos look great!

I remember Robert Picardo saying that on Star Trek every time they wanted to change the dialogue even a little bit, they had to call for a PTB to approve it. He seemed to think Stargate was more accommodating. And I think RDA got to do just about anything he wanted to. So, it must have had to do with the individual actor and how much they liked him/her. Joe is the prime example of what happens when you stand up to them.
                        I am so (not!) impressed by SG's writers' professionalism.

Originally posted by Annelantis View Post
                        As for Teyla giving her son the middle name of John I always thought it was because he was a good friend, had saved her and her child and was also the reason for the fight against the Wraith, etc.
                        I think that Teyla gave her son the middle name of John because she was grateful to him, for not only having saved her, her baby and Kanaan, but also as a recognition of all he has been doing for her people and for the Pegasus galaxy in general, in what concerns the Wraith. It was a show of her appreciation for all that.

Oh yeah, I had totally forgotten, about that small (important!) detail. You are right.

Yay! Hope you enjoy them!
                        Thanks, I am sure I will. I really look forward for it.
                        sigpic
                        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

I am so (not!) impressed by SG's writers' professionalism.

Oh yeah, I had totally forgotten, about that small (important!) detail. You are right.
                          Who is?

Glad to be of service.

Comment

Along with lots of hand waving and a plot hole big enough to fly a Super Star Destroyer through.
                            Indeed.

But on that time John was also flying the Jumper, Ford might have dialed the Jumper’s DHD but John was the one flying the Jumper. So I am guessing not quite the same situation as in The Siege part 3.
                            As I said earlier, that's where the "sort of" part comes in.

I think that Teyla gave her son the middle name of John because she was grateful to him, for not only having saved her, her baby and Kanaan, but also as a recognition of all he has been doing for her people and for the Pegasus galaxy in general, in what concerns the Wraith. It was a show of her appreciation for all that.
                            I doubt that's why TPTW did it, though.

Comment

All of this S4/S5 stuff has really made me want to watch some classic S1/S3 goodness. I don't want the dark times to remove my love of the times before the Empire.

Comment

Once again, it's so funny to leave Sparky land to read how other people seemed to assume Sparky was the intended ship. Like in the last post in the Conversion thread. Bwahahaha!

Comment

Working...
                                X