No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Family Saturday is my favorite Sparky Day!
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Well, since I probably won't be here tomorrow... my thoughts on Search and Rescue:

1) That candlelight dinner scene with John and Teyla, while exciting the Sheyla shippers, must have confused the hell out of everyone else.

1a) John's blood loss fueled hallucination features Teyla wearing Pebbles Flintstone hair? At least Michael hallucinates her looking attractive and grown up.

2) I hated, hated, hated that they used a Simpsons joke for John. That's Jack's thing. This is ATLANTIS, not SG-1.

3) I adored Lorne's sarcasm when trapped with Rodney.

4) I'm pretty sure AT was treated an a Special Guest Star, just like Paul McGillion was, just like everyone ever important not in the credits was... except Torri.

5) That "Let me play with your insides" line was so, so awful. Clearly they were trying to invoke some Kaylee there. The problem being that Kaylee FIT on Firefly but not as Chief Medical Officer Keller on Stargate Atlantis. Just as Amanda Tapping fit as the kick-ass, brilliant Sam on SG-1, but not so much as the head administrator also named Sam on Atlantis.

6) John going on the mission while critically ill makes both Sam and Jennifer look weak and John look foolhardy. All of that so that we can have the "hero saves the princess locked up in the tower" trope played out. Only problem here is that the princess just had a baby with the man she's been passionately searching for months for, and that the sidekick (who most fans thought is really the princess's approved love interest before said daddy arrived) is the one to carry her out of the tower. This ends with princess naming her baby after the hero, even though he wasn't the sidekick to deliver the baby nor the one to carry the princess away. Please hand me a barf bag.

Comment

I loved the episode, I thought it episode was a nice friendship piece. As I said before, John being heroic makes me feel all warm inside. And John whump, god, I need some air.

I don't care what it was supposed to be. Whatever tptb's intentions were or whatever implications there are supposed to be. They're a non-issue, I won't take them into account and you can't make me, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          Yes, suh.
          That sounds like a bit of a Southern accent you have there.

Well, since I probably won't be here tomorrow... my thoughts on Search and Rescue:

1) That candlelight dinner scene with John and Teyla, while exciting the Sheyla shippers, must have confused the hell out of everyone else.

1a) John's blood loss fueled hallucination features Teyla wearing Pebbles Flintstone hair? At least Michael hallucinates her looking attractive and grown up.

2) I hated, hated, hated that they used a Simpsons joke for John. That's Jack's thing. This is ATLANTIS, not SG-1.

4) I'm pretty sure AT was treated an a Special Guest Star, just like Paul McGillion was, just like everyone ever important not in the credits was... except Torri.

5) That "Let me play with your insides" line was so, so awful. Clearly they were trying to invoke some Kaylee there. The problem being that Kaylee FIT on Firefly but not as Chief Medical Officer Keller on Stargate Atlantis. Just as Amanda Tapping fit as the kick-ass, brilliant Sam on SG-1, but not so much as the head administrator also named Sam on Atlantis.

6) John going on the mission while critically ill makes both Sam and Jennifer look weak and John look foolhardy. All of that so that we can have the "hero saves the princess locked up in the tower" trope played out. Only problem here is that the princess just had a baby with the man she's been passionately searching for months for, and that the sidekick (who most fans thought is really the princess's approved love interest before said daddy arrived) is the one to carry her out of the tower. This ends with princess naming her baby after the hero, even though he wasn't the sidekick to deliver the baby nor the one to carry the princess away. Please hand me a barf bag.
          Very well said. Now we don't have to bother to watch it.

I think the snark will be strong on this one.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

i always liked the whole "Special Appearance By" credit they did for Richard Dean Anderson.

Comment

you also forgot the cameo of Rainbow Sun Francks as Aiden Ford.

Comment

*whistles* C'mon, now. Tell us how you REALLY feel!

But yeah, there are just so many 'WTF?' moments in this one that we're probably going to be going back and forth like a tennis match on steroids. I hope everyone's got some strong drink ready to face the horrors, LOL!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Very well said. Now we don't have to bother to watch it.

I think the snark will be strong on this one.
                Stronger than the Force, stronger than duct tape.

AND ZOMG, HELL ON WHEELS IS ON TONIGHT!!!!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I remain confused as to their intentions in that scene

That may be because Michael was in love with her. Supposedly

It's a pity they just forgot about him after they were rescued

I'm starting to think Torri just had a bad agent

It was a poor choice of words, especially considering there was probably a good chance that John might end up with a colostomy bag after said operation.

He makes a big speech about how much he respects Sam, then pushes her into letting him go. What was wrong with her going anyway? Surely the Deadalus has engineers that could have been working on it instead of her? Or Rodney even?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

AND ZOMG, HELL ON WHEELS IS ON TONIGHT!!!!
                    I know. We have it on the DVR for tonight. I've been reading articles, interviews and following Anson and Chris on Twitter all week. Those 2 are a hoot. I even watched Anson on The View, even though I nearly barfed up my breakfast. Thankfully, I recorded it and could FF through the rest. Those women are an embarrassment to all females everywhere. It reminded me of when Joe was on with that Chelsea Handler woman. OMG, brainless. *end rant*
                    sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I was definitely among those who were confused. I knew the writers initially wanted a Sheyla romance, but I was convinced they'd given that idea up by season 3. All of Sheyla interactions were those of platonic friends, brother and sister even. So those candles and romantic dialogue really surprised me. I'm still confused, actually. (And I wasn't a John/Elizabeth shipper yet when I first watched the episode, so my opinion was not colored by shipper bias.)

Comment

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
                        Yeah, I was definitely among those who were confused. I knew the writers initially wanted a Sheyla romance, but I was convinced they'd given that idea up by season 3. All of Sheyla interactions were those of platonic friends, brother and sister even. So those candles and romantic dialogue really surprised me. I'm still confused, actually.
                        And to confuse us all even more, at ComicCon that year Martin Gero seemed surprised when he was asked about that scene as it related to Sheyla. He said something about how she was "taken" and then Brad Wright chimed in with some stuff to make it even worse about how John had saved her life so many times blahblahblah. It's like you come in on the middle of a joke and wait for the punch line, but it never comes. There were so many "yes, buts" it made my head spin.
                        sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and... S-minus 5 hours to the Search and Rescue post-a-thon!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                          That may be because Michael was in love with her. Supposedly
                          According to Connor Trinneer, at least. I seem to recall he said something at some point afterward about how he didn't really get any direction for what was driving Michael, so he decided for himself to play it as Michael being in love with Teyla.

And to confuse us all even more, at ComicCon that year Martin Gero seemed surprised when he was asked about that scene as it related to Sheyla. He said something about how she was "taken" and then Brad Wright chimed in with some stuff to make it even worse about how John had saved her life so many times blahblahblah. It's like you come in on the middle of a joke and wait for the punch line, but it never comes. There were so many "yes, buts" it made my head spin.
                          Yep, more bad 'right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing' writing. *headdesk*

I know. We have it on the DVR for tonight. I've been reading articles, interviews and following Anson and Chris on Twitter all week. Those 2 are a hoot. I even watched Anson on The View, even though I nearly barfed up my breakfast. Thankfully, I recorded it and could FF through the rest. Those women are an embarrassment to all females everywhere. It reminded me of when Joe was on with that Chelsea Handler woman. OMG, brainless. *end rant*
                          Gah, I'm glad I missed The View, then. But OMG, last night was awesomely dark and twisted.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Gah, I'm glad I missed The View, then. But OMG, last night was awesomely dark and twisted.
                            Do not spoil me or I will hunt you down.

I'll be here today but not next week because I have this wedding I have to attend. Whataya gonna do?
                            sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone! I just got home so I’ll be here for the post-a-thon and since it might be my last one I’m excited about it even if the episode is a bit ’blah’.
                              sigpic

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X