No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Varda View Post
    Meanwhile I say you hello from Shanghai!

This city is so fracking amazing and impressed me even more than Beijing. I'll stay there for the next two days.
    And this is the best my trip so far. And photos... oh, I do have to buy a new memory card for my camera, as the previous 4 Gb one is already full.
    WOW! Glad to know you're having lots of fun, it all sounds exciting!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Hello, world traveler. Good to see you around!
      Good to see you too! How're you doing?

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

WOW! Glad to know you're having lots of fun, it all sounds exciting!
      Morning, darling! Although I'm already planning to go to bed, screw the time difference xD
      It is really exciting. And now I want to live in Shanghai for more than a few days, despite the fact that it's very,very hot over there.
      I've entered the Abyss and never returned.

sigpic

My links: Tumblr || Twitter || VK

Comment

I don't think the odds are good that a left handed person (like Jeannie) would be a scientist/mathematician. Just saying.
        Hey! Are you saying lefties can't be geniuses!?!?

I'll have you know that I am a leftie and I am.... oh.

Okay, forget it.
        sigpic

Comment

So, you're a southpaw Annelantis?
          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
            Seems as though my muse has decided that I owe you some sort of apology gift

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/....jpeg~original
            Love the Sparky banner!

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
            Well, seeing as we appear to have some newbies to the thread it seems like a perfect time to pretty it up a bit.... None of these are new, I will get around to doing some new ones eventually!

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...z.jpg~original
            Oh my gosh, so lovely!! Thank you so much for sharing! And all of them are so lovely, even if they are not new. My favourite is probably the first one on this group.

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
            Wait, didn't they
            Spoiler:
            break McKeller up, permanently?
            I know that in “The Lost”,
            Spoiler:
            when Rodney disappears they try to contact Todd to see if he can help, if he knows anything, and the ones who are sent to talk to Todd are Ronon and Keller, so… but I don’t know what happens on the next book

Originally posted by Annelantis View Post
            But the thought of putting SGA-R forward to MGM sounds like an interesting idea. I'm not sure what they would think but I just love it so much to be able to hold a hard copy of Primum Movens would be fantastic.
            I would also love to have a hard copy of Primum Movens!!!

I am typing up Chapter 12 right now. Chapter 13 is written and awaiting checking. Once I have posted 12, I shall give it a go.
            Loved the new chapter, Annelantis!

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            Love it!

Originally posted by smalltowngirl View Post
            I was actually thinking about a whole new idea, not tied to Legacy. Just convince them scads of money are in the offing (which would be true if the book was good), and see what happens. I think the reactions would be hilarious.
            I should clarify something I said yesterday – I don’t think anyone will pitch a proposal to MGM to write some SGA stories unconnected to the Legacy series, I just think the reactions would be instructive and very funny if somebody did.

Although. . .if someone went in with assurances that it would all fit in with Legacy, of course, and then wrote something that (a) fit the actual series, and (b) respected all the characters – well, from the discussion here, the controlling powers at MGM either haven’t seen the series or don’t read the manuscripts. Probably both. At any rate, the resulting kerfuffle would be more entertaining than some of the fourth or fifth season episodes.
            I love this idea!

John and Elizabeth, now – that’s got some meat to it. Tptw may have stumbled on it by accident, but it was genius.
            Liz is John’s equal, which is rare in television and movies especially.
            I agree.
            sigpic
            sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Good to see you too! How're you doing?
              Well, I've survived another Monday. There's that. I really need to win Powerball (lottery) so I can retire.

Hey! Are you saying lefties can't be geniuses!?!?

I'll have you know that I am a leftie and I am.... oh.

Okay, forget it.
              I'm thinking more of the left brain/right brain dynamics where left brained people are more mathematical and logical and also right handed. The right brained/left handed people are typically more creative.

I was a math major in college, and I can't write for crap with my left hand. My dad was a drafter with a similar brain as mine and after he had a stroke he lost the use of his right hand. They tried to get him to write with his left but he was as bad at it as I am.

However, I can't create art for the life of me. I can't write up awesome analysis like Eri does, or write great fiction. There's all kinds of intelligence. I was simply referring to Jeannie being a math/science person and also being left-handed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                So, you're a southpaw Annelantis?
                Yes, for my sins! Although, that basically means I can write with it. I can't throw with either hand and I can't draw to save my life. My right hand is just so things look even. I think left-brain thinker for me means when argue with the husband I get so creative I end up confusing him. There - that's my south-paw talent.
                sigpic

Comment

Yes, for my sins! Although, that basically means I can write with it. I can't throw with either hand and I can't draw to save my life. My right hand is just so things look even. I think left-brain thinker for me means when argue with the husband I get so creative I end up confusing him. There - that's my south-paw talent.
                  I'm right handed. I can't draw worth anything. I can barely throw. The only thing I can aim with any kind of accuracy is a gun.
                  sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Meanwhile I say you hello from Shanghai!

This city is so fracking amazing and impressed me even more than Beijing. I'll stay there for the next two days.
                    And this is the best my trip so far. And photos... oh, I do have to buy a new memory card for my camera, as the previous 4 Gb one is already full.
                    Glad to here you're having so much fun, Varda!!!
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

write left, last time i went to the range i was alternating between left and right and i throw right and bat left.

Comment

*pops in*

RL update:
                        Spoiler:
                        Loosing my mind again. Mom got laid off two weeks ago, plus she has been having this shoulder pain that is still irritating enough that she can't actually go job hunting. She's also being overbearing, whiny, and controlling. Just when I had finally gotten her to make peace with the idea of me moving out. *shakes head* And I'm back to work next week at the high school where I get the constant look of condescension from many teachers because I don't have a degree and I work in a high school. It's not a requirement to be an interpreter -- get over it.

Thank you for your consideration. Now back to your regularly scheduled shipping.

Anyhow. What's up?

I'm thinking more of the left brain/right brain dynamics where left brained people are more mathematical and logical and also right handed. The right brained/left handed people are typically more creative.

I was a math major in college, and I can't write for crap with my left hand. My dad was a drafter with a similar brain as mine and after he had a stroke he lost the use of his right hand. They tried to get him to write with his left but he was as bad at it as I am.

However, I can't create art for the life of me. I can't write up awesome analysis like Eri does, or write great fiction. There's all kinds of intelligence. I was simply referring to Jeannie being a math/science person and also being left-handed.
                        I'm right-handed as well. I'm more logical and analytical, and I have always loved math. I can manipulate an image to look cool with Photobucket or a similar site, but when it comes to designing and making my own actual art, forget about it. But because I'm such a visual person (which probably explains why sign language came so naturally to me), I love writing stories that have a lot of descriptive sentences and phrases. I feel like if I can't visualize it myself, neither can the reader.

Anyhow, gotta start getting to bed early. Need to start waking up at 5:30am next week. Night!

Comment

sigpic
                          Sig by (x)

Comment

i always wanted a leather jacket like john's in that photo.

Comment

Hi Sparkies!

Came by to offer a little present. Feel free to snurch if it is of any use to you.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                                *pops in*

RL update:
                                Spoiler:
                                Loosing my mind again. Mom got laid off two weeks ago, plus she has been having this shoulder pain that is still irritating enough that she can't actually go job hunting. She's also being overbearing, whiny, and controlling. Just when I had finally gotten her to make peace with the idea of me moving out. *shakes head* And I'm back to work next week at the high school where I get the constant look of condescension from many teachers because I don't have a degree and I work in a high school. It's not a requirement to be an interpreter -- get over it.

Thank you for your consideration. Now back to your regularly scheduled shipping.

Anyhow. What's up?

I'm right-handed as well. I'm more logical and analytical, and I have always loved math. I can manipulate an image to look cool with Photobucket or a similar site, but when it comes to designing and making my own actual art, forget about it. But because I'm such a visual person (which probably explains why sign language came so naturally to me), I love writing stories that have a lot of descriptive sentences and phrases. I feel like if I can't visualize it myself, neither can the reader.

Anyhow, gotta start getting to bed early. Need to start waking up at 5:30am next week. Night!
                                Sorry for your RL troubles. Sometimes it looks like just when you think things are on the road to smooth sailing, something comes out of left field to screw things up again.

I'm right-handed too and not creative in any way. I can write, but I'm not a naturally good writer, so it's agony for me. I'm a good cook because I've been practicing since I was about 12, but I don't make up my own recipes. However, I have 2 friends who are sisters and both right-handed who are terrific artists, so the theory doesn't always hold up. It has a lot to do with how your brain is wired.

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                                Hi Sparkies!

Came by to offer a little present. Feel free to snurch if it is of any use to you.

I don't think that's the kind of thing anybody around here is interested in....oh wait....we love it. Thanks so much.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X