No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am never going to be able to catch up to the thread. So I'll just say hi instead of trying.

I've had another kidney stone so I haven't been online much this past week. No fun.

Pocus - I can't believe the twins are already 3 months old! They are so beautiful. I love James's expressions. For some reason I hear his inner dialogue in a Barry White voice and he says stuff like "Yeah, I'm adorable. I know it."

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
      Hello all! Happy Tuesday.

Cool! I'm now following you too. You have some very pretty stuff. But of course, Sparky is always pretty.

On another note, I did this a couple of weeks ago but neglected to share it here. It's a redo of the illustration I did for my very first fanfic, It's Good to Be Home. On deviantArt there's this 'draw it again' meme and I thought this one was a prime candidate.

Ain't that the truth.

Oh look, another Sparky fic for me to read.
      I remember faving your drawing on deviantart. I don't know if you remember me but I was the one who commented about how difficult it was to draw hands.

Originally posted by Annelantis View Post
      Paradox,

What a lovely site you've got going there. I have bookmarked it. Some of your pictures were lovely. My favourite is definitely the June 30th one. It's now my computer background - hope you don't mind. But I shall be visiting often, I can tell you.
      Thank you. If I remember correctly that one was a reblog from kiss-my-muffin-top. She does some wonderful Sparky graphics. I don't think she'd mind but you could ask if you want to.

I just wanted to tell everyone who hasn't looked at this fic series that Luz recommended - go to it, got to it now!! It is bloody brilliant! You will not be disappointed.
      From all the positive things everyone has been saying about this series I think I'll go over and read it myself.
      sigpic
      Sig by (x)

Comment

JT Thanks for making me laugh about what James might be thinking.

I hope you feel better soon.
        sigpic

Comment

Thank you very much!

I can definitely see where you're coming from with that. Leaving all the dialogue and everything the way it is would be terrible. But to me that's the beauty of the idea of swapping the characters – it would basically mean an entire rewrite of the episode, taking the basic premise and making it so much better and non-stupid. I don't think there's anyway the combined common sense of Elizabeth and John would allow things to devolve into such ridiculous shenanigans. There would have been an opportunity for actual character development a la Grace Under Pressure – the return of Smart John, Lizzie's cool head under crisis/diplomatic skills with those dumb kids on the surface and getting a chance to show off her practical smarts as well (or maybe getting frustrated by her lack of field skills?), Rodney stepping up (even through his constant whining) b/c he doesn't want to disappoint both Elizabeth and John (and b/c they totally wouldn't put up with it for very long) – instead of just an excuse to build huge set pieces for stunts and beat up on Rodney as a character. (Disclaimer: I haven't seen Trio in a really long time, so if I sound uninformed/way off about the goings on in the episode, that's why.)
          ^ this I agree with. If it had been them, Rodney wouldn't have been trying to show off to Elizabeth and would have just let John throw the grappling hook up (which still wouldn't have worked), Elizabeth wouldn't have started to take her top off (the facial expression would have been along the lines of "are you ****ing kidding me"), Rodney wouldn't have said "show them your boobs" (or if he did, either John or Elizabeth would have told him to show them his instead), I think the rope knotting scene between John and Elizabeth could have been insightful, or between Elizabeth and Rodney could have been quite touching (I'm thinking along the lines of their Tao of Rodney scenes), and Elizabeth probably wouldn't have freaked the **** out when dangling from the rope. However, John probably would have had to have done the "I can make it" moment and broken his leg instead of Carter so that Rodney could still do the rope thing (and to make you fangirls squee, it could have been a compound fracture, meaning lizzie might have to take his pants off. To check for further injury. Or something).

And btw, I'm assuming Carl Binder, or Alan McCullough wrote this ep instead of Gero.

However, I think (if we're to take it from the characters that were actually on the show during that season) it should have actually been either Rodney/Teyla/John or Rodney/Teyla/Ronon. But how they would have gotten Teyla down there without turning her baby into a pancake is beyond me.

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
          Love the artwork, Erin! You're extremely talented.

Agree with Erin here. There is no way that John, Elizabeth, and Rodney would have wound up playing any game as stupid, for the lack of a better word, as "Who Would You Rather," and I doubt that they would have played the bar game, too. I thought that this episode had an interesting premise, but it was very poorly executed. Having kids taunt them from above ground? Kind of cheesy. If John, Elizabeth, and Rodney were in this situation, I would have liked to see Atlantis launch a rescue op to save them once they realize they're overdue. The time didn't have to be five hours - it could have been two or three. (I'm referencing the transcript as I write this.) Atlantis not being aware of their plight, as was the case with Carter, Rodney, and Jennifer, meant that almost all of the scenes were shot in the mining facility. I think that this is why the writers eventually ran out of ideas: they wrote only two scenes that took place in Atlantis for this episode - one before and one after the mission - and they had to fill up the rest of the time with off-world scenes. If they had inserted a couple of scenes that depicted the situation back in Atlantis and John deciding to launch a rescue op, for example, they could have filled up some time. By not having the entire episode take place in one setting, it also would have made the episode less exhausting to watch.
          I theory, splitting the ep sounds great. But the premise of this ep (besides the plot) was to save money, hence why it was probably the cheapest bottle show they've ever done. Having Atlantis scenes would have just added to the cost. I agree it's a bit of a stretch that nobody bothered to look for them when they didn't check in (especially considering it was a run of the mill mission, and that the boss was leading it), but it's not surprising
          sigpic

Comment

Now I see you've been discussing Trio. i will opt out of this. I've had enough pain this week.

Eri13 - your snarky recaps were awesome!!
            Erin - beautiful artwork!

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
              Eri has done it with other episodes like ”Lifeline” and “Before I Sleep”. And here they are.
              Thank you for posting them up.

That's lovely.
              Thanks!

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              if you guys could pick a Back up career for both John and Elizabeth what would it be and why that career?
              I honestly could imagine Elizabeth being a teacher, she's intelligent, responsible, amiable and has the patience (let's face it, the woman put up with IOA for years and could handle a certain scientist when he was at his worst. lol) to teach others. I think there was even mention of her taking a teaching position for a political science class in Georgetown in The Real World. John would still be a pilot since it seems to be something he truly loves to do so much. He just wouldn't be military. I remember this line, "I think people who don't want to fly are crazy." He'd have many options: scenic flying, broadcasting, medical evacuation, buisness, law enforcement...If not, he could always teach mathematics at a certain college near a certain someone. After all, he could have been mensa.

What a great picture!!
              Thank you.
              sigpic
              Sig by (x)

Comment

Originally posted by It's A Paradox View Post
                I honestly could imagine Elizabeth being a teacher, she's intelligent, responsible, amiable and has the patience (let's face it, the woman put up with IOA for years and could handle a certain scientist when he was at his worst. lol) to teach others. I think there was even mention of her taking a teaching position for a political science class in Georgetown in The Real World. John would still be a pilot since it seems to be something he truly loves to do so much. He just wouldn't be military. I remember this line, "I think people who don't want to fly are crazy." He'd have many options: scenic flying, broadcasting, medical evacuation, buisness, law enforcement...If not, he could always teach mathematics at a certain college near a certain someone. After all, he could have been mensa.
                Do I see a possible fic bunny taking root?
                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                  Do I see a possible fic bunny taking root?
                  Probably not, but anyone who wants to take a shot at it are more than welcome to. I'd definitely read it.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by (x)

Comment

Probably not, but anyone who wants to take a shot at it are more than welcome to. I'd definitely read it.
                    Not me, I have enough fics going right now!
                    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

*runs in*

I made it to NC safe and sound yesterday. Unfortunately, all the rain and thunderstorms from FL followed me here. Tonight was the first time it's been dry in a while, though. Spent it at the movies with friends. Watched "The Lone Ranger" and "Despicable Me 2".

OT comments:
                      Spoiler:
                      I have a new actor crush. Armie Hammer. Holy crap, is he hawt. And he's only two years older than me.

Pocus, your twins are adorable!

Anyhow. I need some sleep.

*runs out*

Comment

Love the artwork, Erin! You're extremely talented.
                        Aww, thank you so much! *hugs* ^^

You should! I would love to read a new fic that you wrote.
                        Working on it now. Ah, I missed this so much!

Love the drawing Erin.

BTW, I love Fireworks. Such a sweet little story.
                        Thank you very much! On both counts!

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                        Happy Pretty Friday - Lizzeh got a new picture for her office

Ahh, that is so cute!! Nicely done!

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                        Alanna and James and they are 3 months old today!!!!
                        They are certainly adorable.

Ain't that the truth.

Oh look, another Sparky fic for me to read.
                        I remember faving your drawing on deviantart. I don't know if you remember me but I was the one who commented about how difficult it was to draw hands.
                        Ah yes, I do remember that! And I stand firm by what I said: hands are evil.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                        ^ this I agree with. If it had been them, Rodney wouldn't have been trying to show off to Elizabeth and would have just let John throw the grappling hook up (which still wouldn't have worked), Elizabeth wouldn't have started to take her top off (the facial expression would have been along the lines of "are you ****ing kidding me"), Rodney wouldn't have said "show them your boobs" (or if he did, either John or Elizabeth would have told him to show them his instead), I think the rope knotting scene between John and Elizabeth could have been insightful, or between Elizabeth and Rodney could have been quite touching (I'm thinking along the lines of their Tao of Rodney scenes), and Elizabeth probably wouldn't have freaked the **** out when dangling from the rope. However, John probably would have had to have done the "I can make it" moment and broken his leg instead of Carter so that Rodney could still do the rope thing
                        All of this. And yeah, John most definitely would have ended up the one injured. It's just what he does.

(and to make you fangirls squee, it could have been a compound fracture, meaning lizzie might have to take his pants off. To check for further injury. Or something).
                        Ha! LOL. *shakes head*

I theory, splitting the ep sounds great. But the premise of this ep (besides the plot) was to save money, hence why it was probably the cheapest bottle show they've ever done. Having Atlantis scenes would have just added to the cost. I agree it's a bit of a stretch that nobody bothered to look for them when they didn't check in (especially considering it was a run of the mill mission, and that the boss was leading it), but it's not surprising
                        I may be remembering wrong, but didn't they say that it actually ended up being one of the most expensive episodes of the season? They'd started out with the intention of being cheap but they got a little... overly ambitious with those set pieces/elaborate stunts/shenanigans.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        Now I see you've been discussing Trio. i will opt out of this. I've had enough pain this week.

Eri13 - your snarky recaps were awesome!!
                        Erin - beautiful artwork!
                        Thank you.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                        *runs in*

I made it to NC safe and sound yesterday. Unfortunately, all the rain and thunderstorms from FL followed me here. Tonight was the first time it's been dry in a while, though. Spent it at the movies with friends. Watched "The Lone Ranger" and "Despicable Me 2".

OT comments:
                        Spoiler:
                        I have a new actor crush. Armie Hammer. Holy crap, is he hawt. And he's only two years older than me.

Pocus, your twins are adorable!

Anyhow. I need some sleep.

*runs out*
                        Hi, SW! Welcome to my neck of the woods!

Spoiler:
                        I haven't seen The Lone Ranger yet, but totally agree about Armie Hammer. That is one gorgeous guy!
                        sigpic
                        Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

All of this. And yeah, John most definitely would have ended up the one injured. It's just what he does.
                          To be fair to TPTB/W, that's how i would have played it too. Let's face it, it's not like John would have dropped Elizabeth or Rodney

Ha! LOL. *shakes head*
                          *Elizabeth takes his pants off to check for further injury*

OMG, you have a compound fracture! Oh, wait, that's not.....

Don't stress, my leg is fine - what are you looking at?

I may be remembering wrong, but didn't they say that it actually ended up being one of the most expensive episodes of the season? They'd started out with the intention of being cheap but they got a little... overly ambitious with those set pieces/elaborate stunts/shenanigans.
                          You may be right (more than likely). I was making an assumption based on my observation of the show - 3 characters (sans about 2 mins of air time) and mostly one set. The laugh would be on them if it did turn out to be costly *should have done an Atlantis based ep - shakes head*
                          sigpic

Comment

Here's a sweet music video that I thought I'd post. Sad that John and Elizabeth's relationship couldn't be like this.
                            Spoiler:

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                            Hmm, this I wasn't aware of. I wouldn't have guessed it, though, just by looking at the underground cavern set. I forget who also commented this, but I wouldn't be surprised if it backfired on them and they had to spend more money instead.
                            Last edited by Sequoia Hope; 05 July 2013, 11:55 PM.
                            sigpic
                            Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
                            View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Hmm, this I wasn't aware of. I wouldn't have guessed it, though, just by looking at the underground cavern set. I forget who also commented this, but I wouldn't be surprised if it backfired on them and they had to spend more money instead.
                              There's a Trio behind the scenes feature on one of the dvd's where they say that the episode ended up as being one of the most expensive of the season - if not the most expensive - I'm not sure which one.

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                                There's a Trio behind the scenes feature on one of the dvd's where they say that the episode ended up as being one of the most expensive of the season - if not the most expensive - I'm not sure which one.
                                Lol. There's irony for ya! How on earth did they manage that? It was one set, with some rope and a pile of wood FCOL. It's practically a "X & Y are trapped in a shuttle and must wait til near death to be rescued" ep
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X