• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
    Thanks!
    what are their names?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

SQUEE! Pocus, the twins are adorable!

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
      Happy Independence Day, fellow American Sparkies!

I wanted to do something Sparky to celebrate, and finally settled on a WWII AU drawing. Figured it was appropriately patriotic, and besides: Elizabeth would have looked gorgeous in those clothes.

Spoiler:
      Awwww, they're adorable!

The other idea I was toying with was this: I know it sounds kinda silly, but has anyone ever done a fic where sparks literally fly whenever they get near each other? Like it's a side effect of some planet they've visited? It almost seems impossible that it wouldn't have been done before, but I can't recall. I was just trying to think of what else I could do with fireworks, since I already kinda covered that in this story.
      That sounds like a great idea for a comedy fic! You should go for it!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
        Just wonderful, Erin
        Thank you very much!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        Well I admit it might have been nice to see Elizabeth in The Brotherhood (although her scenes on Atlantis were good, and I liked the episode as was), but a John/Rodney/Liz version of Trio (as written ie leaving most of the dialogue as written and simply subbing the characters in) is not something that appeals to me. The episode itself just stank, regardless of the characters. I'd hate to see my favourite characters in there - it'd be like taking them to the zoo, putting them in a cage, and letting the other monkeys (the writers) throw faeces at them
        I can definitely see where you're coming from with that. Leaving all the dialogue and everything the way it is would be terrible. But to me that's the beauty of the idea of swapping the characters – it would basically mean an entire rewrite of the episode, taking the basic premise and making it so much better and non-stupid. I don't think there's anyway the combined common sense of Elizabeth and John would allow things to devolve into such ridiculous shenanigans. There would have been an opportunity for actual character development a la Grace Under Pressure – the return of Smart John, Lizzie's cool head under crisis/diplomatic skills with those dumb kids on the surface and getting a chance to show off her practical smarts as well (or maybe getting frustrated by her lack of field skills?), Rodney stepping up (even through his constant whining) b/c he doesn't want to disappoint both Elizabeth and John (and b/c they totally wouldn't put up with it for very long) – instead of just an excuse to build huge set pieces for stunts and beat up on Rodney as a character. (Disclaimer: I haven't seen Trio in a really long time, so if I sound uninformed/way off about the goings on in the episode, that's why.)

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Awwww, they're adorable!
        Thanks!

That sounds like a great idea for a comedy fic! You should go for it!
        I think I just might.
        sigpic
        Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Love the artwork, Erin! You're extremely talented.

I can definitely see where you're coming from with that. Leaving all the dialogue and everything the way it is would be terrible. But to me that's the beauty of the idea of swapping the characters – it would basically mean an entire rewrite of the episode, taking the basic premise and making it so much better and non-stupid. I don't think there's anyway the combined common sense of Elizabeth and John would allow things to devolve into such ridiculous shenanigans. There would have been an opportunity for actual character development a la Grace Under Pressure – the return of Smart John, Lizzie's cool head under crisis/diplomatic skills with those dumb kids on the surface and getting a chance to show off her practical smarts as well (or maybe getting frustrated by her lack of field skills?), Rodney stepping up (even through his constant whining) b/c he doesn't want to disappoint both Elizabeth and John (and b/c they totally wouldn't put up with it for very long) – instead of just an excuse to build huge set pieces for stunts and beat up on Rodney as a character. (Disclaimer: I haven't seen Trio in a really long time, so if I sound uninformed/way off about the goings on in the episode, that's why.)
          Agree with Erin here. There is no way that John, Elizabeth, and Rodney would have wound up playing any game as stupid, for the lack of a better word, as "Who Would You Rather," and I doubt that they would have played the bar game, too. I thought that this episode had an interesting premise, but it was very poorly executed. Having kids taunt them from above ground? Kind of cheesy. If John, Elizabeth, and Rodney were in this situation, I would have liked to see Atlantis launch a rescue op to save them once they realize they're overdue. The time didn't have to be five hours - it could have been two or three. (I'm referencing the transcript as I write this.) Atlantis not being aware of their plight, as was the case with Carter, Rodney, and Jennifer, meant that almost all of the scenes were shot in the mining facility. I think that this is why the writers eventually ran out of ideas: they wrote only two scenes that took place in Atlantis for this episode - one before and one after the mission - and they had to fill up the rest of the time with off-world scenes. If they had inserted a couple of scenes that depicted the situation back in Atlantis and John deciding to launch a rescue op, for example, they could have filled up some time. By not having the entire episode take place in one setting, it also would have made the episode less exhausting to watch.

I think I just might.
          You should! I would love to read a new fic that you wrote.
          sigpic
          Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
          View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

if you guys could pick a Back up career for both John and Elizabeth what would it be and why that career?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              if you guys could pick a Back up career for both John and Elizabeth what would it be and why that career?
              I think Elizabeth could be a teacher... I think she'd like that and I can imagine her being quite good at it.
              And John... a lumberjack perhaps? Why? Well, he looks hot in a lumberjack-shirt and the scruffy style suits him

Comment

You're welcome!

Eri: It won't let me green you, but AWESOME job. I do love me some snark.

Speaking of, I just watched National Treasure in honor of the 4th tomorrow, and I was struck through the whole thing with the similarities between Ben/Abigail/Riley and John/Liz/Rodney. Both sets have the whole three musketeer vibe going on. Also, the whole Mama and Papa Bear, with their wordless communication, finish each others sentences, total understanding of each other, super smart and flirty tag teaming, having to look after/keep in line/put up with the endearingly panicky snarky genius. Really makes me want to see John/Liz/Rodney or Joe/Torri/David in some kind of similar hunt for clues adventure. Or that they were the trio in Trio. That would have been SO fantastic. *le sigh*
                I hear an idea for a fic!
                sigpic

Comment

Happy Independence Day, fellow American Sparkies!

I wanted to do something Sparky to celebrate, and finally settled on a WWII AU drawing. Figured it was appropriately patriotic, and besides: Elizabeth would have looked gorgeous in those clothes.

Spoiler:

The other idea I was toying with was this: I know it sounds kinda silly, but has anyone ever done a fic where sparks literally fly whenever they get near each other? Like it's a side effect of some planet they've visited? It almost seems impossible that it wouldn't have been done before, but I can't recall. I was just trying to think of what else I could do with fireworks, since I already kinda covered that in this story.

Yeah, I second that. Once again, Rodney's ego is going to have to deal with Zelenka saving the day.

Thank you very much!

And moving to London! That's exciting!

Oh wow, that's totally them! LOL! I've never heard of it before, but I might have to watch that movie now, just for the parallels.

I'm not sure. I remember it being talked about but I'm not sure if anyone ever actually did it.
                  Love the drawing Erin.

BTW, I love Fireworks. Such a sweet little story.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
                    Do you know how tempting it is to say "No I just borrowed them"? LOL! Yes they are mine.
                    They are so cute!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Happy Pretty Friday - Lizzeh got a new picture for her office

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                        Happy Pretty Friday - Lizzeh got a new picture for her office

Awwwwww!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by It's A Paradox View Post
                          Hello! Happy Independence Day to everyone who celebrates!

What a great picture!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                            Hello everyone!

I haven’t been able to go online much during the last couple of days becuase everything has been pretty crazy over here since I found out that I will be moving to London in mid-August and will be living there for a few month at least so you can imagine that there’s a lot of things that need to be worked out. Oh well, BTT.
                            Hey Brie,

As someone who has lived in London her entire life, I have to say I do love it. I think it is also a great place if you are visiting. There is so much to do! Do you know where in London you are going to be?

If you have questions, feel free to ask.
                            sigpic

Comment

Hey, Annelantis!
                              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                                what are their names?
                                Alanna and James and they are 3 months old today!!!!

SQUEE! Pocus, the twins are adorable!

Originally posted by Annelantis View Post
                                They are so cute!!!
                                Thanks!! I admit that I adore this pic of them.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X