No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Colm Meaney, Chris Heyerdahl and Ryan Robbins. Colm is a main character of sorts, Chris plays a recurring role and is beyond wonderful and Ryan has a small part in one season. This show should interest you for its historical theme also. And the fact that Mr. Bohannan is hotter than Texas doesn't hurt either.
    Amen to that.

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
    It's okay, I know what you meant I do know that it doesn't have a happy ending, but I'm probably not prepared for how miserable the not-so-happy ending is going to make me feel
    I cried, but I thought the ending was awesome, so don't be afraid to watch it.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      I cried, but I thought the ending was awesome, so don't be afraid to watch it.
      Will remember to sit next to tissue box thanks to this I'll start watching BSG as soon as I've finished either SGA or Sanctuary - watching them both at the moment, don't need a third show right now

Comment

Colm Meaney, Chris Heyerdahl and Ryan Robbins. Colm is a main character of sorts, Chris plays a recurring role and is beyond wonderful and Ryan has a small part in one season. This show should interest you for its historical theme also. And the fact that Mr. Bohannan is hotter than Texas doesn't hurt either.
        Are they dealing with the boomtowns that grew around the transcontinental railroad route?
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
          Are they dealing with the boomtowns that grew around the transcontinental railroad route?
          Yes, that's what "Hell on Wheels" is, the name of the town that followed the railroad construction. But warning, there is lots of violence, and it's not politically correct. Plus, Mr. Bohannan is hotter than August in Alabama. Not John Sheppard hot, but close.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Yes, that's what "Hell on Wheels" is, the name of the town that followed the railroad construction. But warning, there is lots of violence, and it's not politically correct. Plus, Mr. Bohannan is hotter than August in Alabama. Not John Sheppard hot, but close.
            That's very hard to achieve, he sort of ruined all others (except one) leading men for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
              That's very hard to achieve, he sort of ruined all others (except one) leading men for me.
              Indeed. My current triumvirate of fictional hotties is Sheppard, Bohannon, and Stark.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Indeed. My current triumvirate of fictional hotties is Sheppard, Bohannon, and Stark.
                It's Aaron Hotchner and John Sheppard for me, others need not apply.

Comment

We can't have everything! And whether something is PC, doesn't particularly bother me.

My two favorite fictional hotties are John Sheppard (duh) and Auggie Anderson. He's from the show Covert Affairs.
                  sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

anybody here going to watch falling skies season 3 premiere tomorrow?

Comment

A little real life Update

Spoiler:
                      for a while now my dad has had some gallbladder issues and he has been to the doctors alot and he had a procedure done and he was worried so he had them test for any cancer cells and today he told me he doesn't have cancer. now as his son, i inherited some of his stubborness so i don't exactly show my vulnerable side but just hearing that he doesn't have cancer made me start crying because i was so glad to hear that great. and even now as i'm writing this, i'm starting to tear a little because i keep wondering what i would've done had he told me he did have cancer.

Comment

Hello everyone!
                        I’m exhausted after the past few days, it’s just been a lot and I have barley been able to log onto my computer.

SR – I’m glad to hear that everything is moving forward with your son’s wedding plans, the dress you showed is beautiful.

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                        I liked Jessica's Weir and would have probably watched SGA with her out of loyalty. Though it was never an option since JS doesn't like long term commitments to tv shows. But it didn't take much of an effort getting used to Torri because she's fantastic. Whenever people start talking about how ~wooden TH's portrayal is I just shake my head and don't even bother.

I have a feeling some people just like using JS as an excuse to bash TH and Weir.
                        I saw SGA before I saw SG-1, and since that means that I also got usecd to and loved Torri before even knowing that there was once someone else that played Elizabeth then it felt weirder to see JS as Weir than to see TH as Weir. I also agree with what you said about how many just use JS as an excuse to bash TH which sucks.

I do think that Torri and everyone else on SG did go above and beyond what was obviously written in the scripts to bring the character to life but the cast can just do so much when the characters are written in a specific way (i.e. not all that well at all)

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                        I did notice that the Weir centered stories always were different from the stories evolving around the other cast memebers, like "The Real World" - which is one of my favorite episodes. Even though she was hard to write for, we did end up having some pretty good Weir stories, only just not so many...
                        ‘The Real World’ is such a great Weir episode (and we do love all the Sparky moments in it as well), I also love season 1’s ‘Before I Sleep’ because if anyone says that Elizabeth isn’t s good leader they should really watch that episode and then they would get why she was chosen for it because even if it wasn’t the same Liz then it’s still essentially her, socially at the moment when she decides to give up her own life to save her people.
                        sigpic

Comment

I'd amend that to Sheppard, Bohannan and US Marshall Raylan Givens from Justified. It's very interesting to read about guys that other women think are hot. I see a pattern in mine. Maybe later I will have time to research pics. Maybe it's the guns.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          anybody here going to watch falling skies season 3 premiere tomorrow?
                          *raises hand* Though we like The Walking Dead better, we also watch this one.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          A little real life Update

Spoiler:
                          for a while now my dad has had some gallbladder issues and he has been to the doctors alot and he had a procedure done and he was worried so he had them test for any cancer cells and today he told me he doesn't have cancer. now as his son, i inherited some of his stubborness so i don't exactly show my vulnerable side but just hearing that he doesn't have cancer made me start crying because i was so glad to hear that great. and even now as i'm writing this, i'm starting to tear a little because i keep wondering what i would've done had he told me he did have cancer.
                          Congrats on the good news. I've been there and the relief is indescribable.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Quick flyby to say I will probably not be here for Spoils of War. I'm going to a local chorus group's spring concert this afternoon.

I didn't like Spoils of War and would have had to hold my tongue on a good many things, so it's probably for the best. (Quick notes - 1) Sam disappears again at a time when the base commander should really be around, 2) Love Teyla but I thought she was a bit off her rocker in this one, 3) John hugs her like you'd hug a rotting squash)

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and... S-minus 4 hours and 45 minutes to the Spoils of War post-a-thon!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              Quick flyby to say I will probably not be here for Spoils of War. I'm going to a local chorus group's spring concert this afternoon.
                              Aw, darn. Well, have fun and we'll try not to burn down the internet while you're gone!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              I didn't like Spoils of War and would have had to hold my tongue on a good many things, so it's probably for the best. (Quick notes - 1) Sam disappears again at a time when the base commander should really be around, 2) Love Teyla but I thought she was a bit off her rocker in this one, 3) John hugs her like you'd hug a rotting squash)
                              "hug a rotting squash." Oooooh, BURN.

Comment

*comes out of lurker mode*
                                Hello, everyone! I've been following this thread for the last three or four months and finally decided to register. So bare with me as I figure my way around here.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by (x)

Comment

Working...
                                X