Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    Here's another good question, was that the replicator Liz that becomes Franbeth, the real Liz, or yet another copy?
    It is the replicator Liz that becomes Franibeth.
    sigpic
    sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      And there was nobody to argue with them when they claimed it was all Torri's fault for refusing to come back because they had a whole arc planned for Elizabeth but golly gee whiz it just didn't work out. Do they think we're stupid? Oh wait...
      Sounds familiar. Same thing happened with Paget Brewster (and AJ Cook) from Criminal Minds. Only tptb were smart enough to realise they needed them back but Paget asked for a raise and an apology, and they forced her to come back by threatening to sue her instead. When her contract was up she decided to leave and people were blaming her saying she was being resentful and arrogant. After all, who wouldn't want to stay on a place where you're treated like furniture.

What is it with tptb always treating my favorite characters, and the actors who play them, like crap?

Comment

So technically they were able to say Torri was in 4 episodes thanks to this little bit. Hate them to infinity.
        That really is just another thing to add to the “why TPTB of SGA sucks”, it’s becoming a really looong list.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
          That really is just another thing to add to the “why TPTB of SGA sucks”, it’s becoming a really looong list.
          They're just... urgh! I'm convinced every brilliant thing they achieved was by dumb luck. They were blessed with an extremely charismatic cast who did the best they could with what little they were given. TPTB might have put some effort in season 1 but from then on it only went downhill. And the only thing that saves this show is the great cast and their amazing chemistry.

Yeah, I love this cast.

Comment

So, I created an account to leave feedback directly at the SGA-R site. But all I can think of is, fic good, me like. I'm not feeling very articulate right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
              They're just... urgh! I'm convinced every brilliant thing they achieved was by dumb luck. They were blessed with an extremely charismatic cast who did the best they could with what little they were given. TPTB might have put some effort in season 1 but from then on it only went downhill. And the only thing that saves this show is the great cast and their amazing chemistry.

Yeah, I love this cast.
              And once that chemistry was broken, we all know what happened.
              sigpic
              sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                And once that chemistry was broken, we all know what happened.
                That's a very good point because the original cast did have tremendous chemistry. Even after Jason was added, it still continued without a hitch, maybe even got better because I loved the scenes between him and Torri. But then take away Torri and Paul in the same season and the whole thing crashed like a lead balloon. Getting Paul back helped a bit, but he was never really a part of things like before, and adding Jewel and Robert only made us realize how much we missed Torri all over again.

The biggest difference though was the change in emphasis from the team, meaning all of the expedition not just Sheppard's team, to episodes featuring McKay as the lead and/or McKeller. As we have all pointed out so many times, there was something missing from Sheppard. I noticed it yesterday during the postathon. At times he seemed to be standing quietly in the room full of Colonels and Rodney waiting for a decision to be made so he could carry out the orders. When did we ever see him do that when Elizabeth was in charge? Yeah, you can say it was because Sam was his military superior and he was outranked by all the other Colonels, but when did that ever stop him from getting in Caldwell's face in the past? Sateda comes to mind. No, it's like John has deflated, lost his drive and is just doing his job and waiting for retirement like a typical sad employee.

This continues for the rest of the run of the show. He goes through all the motions of taking care of things, but his spirit is broken and instead of defying the odds and expecting victory, it seems like he expects defeat.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday! Or maybe more like Sad Canon Monday...

That's a very good point because the original cast did have tremendous chemistry. Even after Jason was added, it still continued without a hitch, maybe even got better because I loved the scenes between him and Torri. But then take away Torri and Paul in the same season and the whole thing crashed like a lead balloon. Getting Paul back helped a bit, but he was never really a part of things like before, and adding Jewel and Robert only made us realize how much we missed Torri all over again.

The biggest difference though was the change in emphasis from the team, meaning all of the expedition not just Sheppard's team, to episodes featuring McKay as the lead and/or McKeller. As we have all pointed out so many times, there was something missing from Sheppard. I noticed it yesterday during the postathon. At times he seemed to be standing quietly in the room full of Colonels and Rodney waiting for a decision to be made so he could carry out the orders. When did we ever see him do that when Elizabeth was in charge? Yeah, you can say it was because Sam was his military superior and he was outranked by all the other Colonels, but when did that ever stop him from getting in Caldwell's face in the past? Sateda comes to mind. No, it's like John has deflated, lost his drive and is just doing his job and waiting for retirement like a typical sad employee.

This continues for the rest of the run of the show. He goes through all the motions of taking care of things, but his spirit is broken and instead of defying the odds and expecting victory, it seems like he expects defeat.
                  I couldn't have put that better myself. The whole dynamic of the show was drastically altered. I keep referring to Seasons 1-3 as SGA's "golden age" for just that reason.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

So after a minor health scare over the weekend, I am done with work for the next two and a half months and am looking forward to some "me" time. Though I'm not really sure what that is anymore...

And considering how bad I felt, I'm not too disappointed that I missed the post-a-thon. Don't think it would've helped.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                      So after a minor health scare over the weekend, I am done with work for the next two and a half months and am looking forward to some "me" time. Though I'm not really sure what that is anymore...

And considering how bad I felt, I'm not too disappointed that I missed the post-a-thon. Don't think it would've helped.
                      I hope you're feeling better. What happened? If you want to talk about it. Glad you have time to rest and relax.

Comment

Glad it was only a scare. I think I'm at the point right now that you were at last summer. LOL Between out of town guests, the wedding and some other stuff that only happens once in a lifetime, I am already tired and looking forward to fall.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                          I hope you're feeling better. What happened? If you want to talk about it. Glad you have time to rest and relax.
                          Spoilered because I don't think the guys will want to read this:
                          Spoiler:
                          But if you do, go ahead.
                          Spoiler:
                          I had severe abdominal pain that I thought was from a ruptured ovarian cyst or an obstructed bowel. I took a remedy to fix it if it was the latter, and it seemed to be. I'm going to the doctor later this week to get a check up, but I know there's some female problems going on too even if it's not directly related to this.

God, and I'm only 24.

Glad it was only a scare. I think I'm at the point right now that you were at last summer. LOL Between out of town guests, the wedding and some other stuff that only happens once in a lifetime, I am already tired and looking forward to fall.
                          OMG, I can't believe it's been a year since my sister's wedding preparations! I can emphasize with you, at the very least. *hugs*

Comment

*Hugs to ShipperWriter* Health issues suck so bad.

Comment

Spoilered because I don't think the guys will want to read this:
                              Spoiler:
                              But if you do, go ahead.
                              Spoiler:
                              I had severe abdominal pain that I thought was from a ruptured ovarian cyst or an obstructed bowel. I took a remedy to fix it if it was the latter, and it seemed to be. I'm going to the doctor later this week to get a check up, but I know there's some female problems going on too even if it's not directly related to this.

God, and I'm only 24.
                              I feel for you
                              Spoiler:
                              it happened to me (the cyst) and I'd never known pain like that before. I hope everything turns out okay for you. *hugs*

Comment

Yikes! I hope you'll be feeling better soon! Health issues are never fun. *hugs you*
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X