Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
    Spoiler:

How's this for jaded? I didn't really even consider John as the pot keeper. I guess I just figured he'd never ask for it? Too awkward, with people asking why?
    Agreed, I never thought that
    Spoiler:
    John would've kept the pot, either. I always figured that the constant reminder of Elizabeth and his failure would be too painful for him.

Originally posted by Luz View Post
    Spoiler:
    About that scene, I thought Teyla had kept the pot because it reminded her of both Elizabeth and her home. Remember how sad she was in Lifeline when she was packing Elizabeth's stuff? She was on the verge of tears.
    This, too.
    Spoiler:
    And on the subject of Teyla being a good teammate who cares about John (not like that! I mean like a big sister...), I can also see her keeping the pot for John, until he's ready to take custody of it and all that it represents.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
      Spoiler:

How's this for jaded? I didn't really even consider John as the pot keeper. I guess I just figured he'd never ask for it? Too awkward, with people asking why?

Or, Teyla just borrowed it from his bureau to show Elizabeth. Yeah, we'll keep it at that. That's what happened. She was actually panicking when Elizabeth was looking at it, wondering if Elizabeth would want to keep it because then she'd have to explain it to John why it was gone. Every once in a while Teyla would sneak in his room and pet it to feel close to old Athos. That's what she was referring to.
      I will admit that…

Spoiler:
      I didn’t really think much about why Teyla had the pot while reading the story, I just thought it was sweet that she brought it to Elizabeth and I’m sure that if things will settle down it will find its way to its rightful owner who will find the perfect location for it. But it’s fun to see what everyone have been writing about this.
      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by Brie View Post
        I will admit that…

Spoiler:
        I didn’t really think much about why Teyla had the pot while reading the story, I just thought it was sweet that she brought it to Elizabeth and I’m sure that if things will settle down it will find its way to its rightful owner who will find the perfect location for it. But it’s fun to see what everyone have been writing about this.
        Indeed.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          Thanks, I will!

I'm on vacation, aka, house sitting for a few days, so hopefully my fic bunnies managed to sneak in the luggage as well.

ETA: I didn't make John's head large enough in the sig. Gonna fix it tomorrow.

Good night!
          You're welcome.

*Sends carrot cake for the plot bunnies*
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Hey all. I gotta admit that this season 4 watching is wearing down my Sparky spirit. And tomorrow is the last real Torri ep.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              Hey all. I gotta admit that this season 4 watching is wearing down my Sparky spirit. And tomorrow is the last real Torri ep.
              That's why I don't watch it, lol. Sometimes I feel I should watch at least Elizabeth's last episodes, out of loyalty. But it's hard because I've seen too many of my favs die and it's not pretty and, as a fan, it's very painful. So, this episode is the only one she appears on after Lifeline?

On a completely unrelated note. I was watching Letters From Pegasus and there was eye-sex of doom, of course. Gif (with a hard 'G' ) under the spoiler thingy.

Spoiler:

Nobody does these smoldering looks like Sheppard/Weir. I've had one or two otps that come close but S/W win all the awards.

Comment

That's why I don't watch it, lol. Sometimes I feel I should watch at least Elizabeth's last episodes, out of loyalty. But it's hard because I've seen too many of my favs die and it's not pretty and, as a fan, it's very painful. So, this episode is the only one she appears on after Lifeline?

On a completely unrelated note. I was watching Letters From Pegasus and there was eye-sex of doom, of course. Gif (with a hard 'G' ) under the spoiler thingy.

Spoiler:

Nobody does these smoldering looks like Sheppard/Weir. I've had one or two otps that come close but S/W win all the awards.
                She has a 10 second cameo in the following episode. But it's only 10 seconds. And then in Season 5 there's Ghost in the Machine which has Elizabeth but no Torri.

And yes, they are oh so good at the looks.

Comment

She has a 10 second cameo in the following episode. But it's only 10 seconds. And then in Season 5 there's Ghost in the Machine which has Elizabeth but no Torri.

And yes, they are oh so good at the looks.
                  I've seen the cameo because people told me Torri wore leather, yeah, that's all it took. But that was it.

I don't think I can process an episode with another actress playing Elizabeth. I tried watching this episode on FX when it was on and it felt so wrong. I can take Jessica Steen because she played the role first, plus, remember what I told you about how the characters I love keep getting killed? Well, Jessica played one of those characters, and for that she'll always have a special place in my heart.

Comment

My Sparky spirit is still strong, but watching some of the less than great ones only serves to remind me how great this show was in the early days.

Her last episodes IMHO are among the best Sparky episodes there were. There's no doubt after GitM that John felt deeply for her. Even though she's in another body, it comes across loud and clear. TMC also has some of the best scenes between them, and if it's smoldering looks you like, you can't beat this episode. It's understandable though, if Torri is your favorite. I know if Joe had left the show, I wouldn't have watched another minute of it.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hello everyone!

I wanted to ask something OT, I got a movie ticket for my birthday yesterday and I was wondering from those who have seen the new Star Trek movie if you would recommend seeing it in 3D or if you think that it would work to see it in 2D since I’m not a fan of 3D but I want to know how those who have seen it viewed it and if the effect got better with it.

Now, BTT:

I know how you feel.

Originally posted by Luz;13834950On a completely unrelated note. I was watching Letters From Pegasus and there was eye-sex of doom, of course. Gif (with a hard 'G' :P) under the spoiler thingy.

[spoiler
                      http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h2.../je-1x17-3.gif[/spoiler]
                      One of many awesome once but I do love that they seem to have a whole conversation right there. Just love how close they are.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      Her last episodes IMHO are among the best Sparky episodes there were. There's no doubt after GitM that John felt deeply for her. Even though she's in another body, it comes across loud and clear. TMC also has some of the best scenes between them, and if it's smoldering looks you like, you can't beat this episode. It's understandable though, if Torri is your favorite. I know if Joe had left the show, I wouldn't have watched another minute of it.
                      Torri and Elizabeth is my favorite character so it was very hard to watch and really enjoy the last seasons (I do like the other characters, especially John so I still watched them) but it’s also unfortunately not the first time that the characters that I come to like have to leave or isn’t threated right (I tend to like and see the potential in the characters that many other doesn’t, sometimes including the writers) which is sad but I always try and keep watching but it’s just not as much fun anymore.
                      sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and...S-minus 5 hours and 20 minutes until the This Mortal Coil post-a-thon!

It's a sad, sad day.

My Sparky spirit is still strong, but watching some of the less than great ones only serves to remind me how great this show was in the early days.
                        In-very-deed. It's like the old saying goes, 'how far the mighty have fallen.'

Absolutely! Torri and Joe just nailed it with their performances in these episodes. And isn't TMC the episode where so many of the non-committed fans started to comment that the show just wasn't the same, wasn't as good, without Torri as Weir? It's like Brie said, it just wasn't as fun anymore. This was the beginning of the end, as far as I'm concerned. It just took another season and a half for the show to be killed off completely.

Comment

Weir's fridging was written as a love interest fridging. All through the whole storyline Sheppard is treated as her next of kin. The way Keller talks to him when she's telling him of her injuries and his reaction, the pain in his face. And it goes on through the whole ordeal. The angiest and more personal scenes are for Sheppard and Weir. If there is one good thing to come out of this, it was all the Weir centered Sheppard angst.

I've said this before, I just can't understand why they kept writing all the romance tropes for Sheppard/Weir if they didn't want us to ship them. Until the very end, man loses the woman he loves ---> manpain.

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                            Torri and Elizabeth is my favorite character so it was very hard to watch and really enjoy the last seasons (I do like the other characters, especially John so I still watched them) but it’s also unfortunately not the first time that the characters that I come to like have to leave or isn’t threated right (I tend to like and see the potential in the characters that many other doesn’t, sometimes including the writers) which is sad but I always try and keep watching but it’s just not as much fun anymore.
                            Torri and Elizabeth are my favorites too, so I know how you feel. I only watched the other 4/5 episodes because I'd bought the DVDs at a really cheap price. Otherwise I don't know if I would have bothered.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Absolutely! Torri and Joe just nailed it with their performances in these episodes. And isn't TMC the episode where so many of the non-committed fans started to comment that the show just wasn't the same, wasn't as good, without Torri as Weir? It's like Brie said, it just wasn't as fun anymore. This was the beginning of the end, as far as I'm concerned. It just took another season and a half for the show to be killed off completely.

Yes, it's located here. It's a pretty entertaining thread. Some of the Weir haters (who are 99% of the time avid shippers of a different John ship) came out with some of the most fantastical comments that made everyone else scratch their heads. Pretty funny.

Weir's fridging was written as a love interest fridging. All through the whole storyline Sheppard is treated as her next of kin. The way Keller talks to him when she's telling him of her injuries and his reaction, the pain in his face. And it goes on through the whole ordeal. The angiest and more personal scenes are for Sheppard and Weir. If there is one good thing to come out of this, it was all the Weir centered Sheppard angst.

I've said this before, I just can't understand why they kept writing all the romance tropes for Sheppard/Weir if they didn't want us to ship them. Until the very end, man loses the woman he loves ---> manpain.
                            Yes, pretty much. The only way I can explain it to myself is that these TPTW were so clueless they didn't have the vaguest clue what they were writing. I mean, just think of the times when they WERE trying to write ship. *Brain Storm... shudders*

Comment

TMC woke up a lot of people who had previously not seen any connection between John and Elizabeth, but GitM put the icing on the cake. Even when she didn't look like herself, the connection was so very obvious. That ep brought out another bunch of viewers who saw how much he cared for her.

A lot of people were puzzled by how they were written. I know I've said this before, but in my own life both my husband and son said they assumed the writers were throwing red herrings at us with other ships and intended to put them together in the end. Imagine their surprise. My son very patiently explained to me that TLG was a sure sign of Sparky because that old "aliens made them do it" trope is like waving a red flag. He missed the memo about what bad writers we were dealing with. LOL

And looking at it from the opposite angle of Sparky romance tropes, what tropes did we get for John/anyone else or Elizabeth/anyone else? Simon? Old flame who cheats. Trope, but not one that gets them back together. Teyla? Possible love interest who has a baby with someone else. A trope that makes you go "ewww"? Like you said, all the most common romance tropes featured Sparky.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

In spite of all the bad episodes on seasons 4 and 5, my Sparky spirit didn’t vanish. I can hold on to Sparky by looking at John. Most of his behaviour on these two seasons is Sparky (or at least I see it that way). John changed and that change, to me, to my Sparky eyes, is because of Elizabeth’s loss, and in a way, that keeps my Sparky spirit alive.

Personally I thought Adrift/Lifeline were among the best Sparky episodes. They were certainly the most emotionally exhausting. Sure it was extremely sad, and I didn't like the way Elizabeth's departure was handled in the end, but that doesn't necessarily make them bad episodes.

What made me keep on watching the last two seasons was John, if something would have happened to him too, I would have stopped watching the show.
                                sigpic
                                sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Working...
                                X