Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I never liked the fact that it always seemed to be the same temp. but I was highly amused by how in the same scene, Rodney would be in short sleeves and John in a jacket. We all know about Joe's cold nature, but I'm betting most viewers didn't. And Elizabeth seemed to be in and out of the jacket a lot. Then came Woolsey, who I don't recall seeing in short sleeves ever.
    Woolsey never seemed like the kind of person who would be caught dead in short sleeves. I mean, this is the man who felt more comfortable in a business suit after duty hours.

And when you've got a little meat on your bones, sometimes you don't need a jacket whereas others do. Trust me, I know.

And Elizabeth didn't need a jacket so often just because she and John were hitting very storage closet they could find and she didn't need the bother of extra layers.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      Woolsey never seemed like the kind of person who would be caught dead in short sleeves. I mean, this is the man who felt more comfortable in a business suit after duty hours.
      True, dat.

And when you've got a little meat on your bones, sometimes you don't need a jacket whereas others do. Trust me, I know.

And Elizabeth didn't need a jacket so often just because she and John were hitting very storage closet they could find and she didn't need the bother of extra layers.
      Ohhhhh yeah.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Spoiler:
        OMGOMGOMG. If I wasn't sitting in a gym full of high school kids, I would be balling. That exchange between them was heart wrenching in a way that SGA Rising writers pull off so amazingly well.

Eagerly looking forward to the next part!
        Spoiler:
        Yeah, that scene between John and Rodney was way too emotional; it was definitely the highlight of this part.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        I imagine with fully charged ZPMs they did. But then our crew never seemed to have enough power, so I wonder if that had to be taken offline.
        Oh yes, you are right. I forgot about the ZPM/power issues.
        sigpic
        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Good points. But that doesn't explain Teyla's belly. Ronon now. All those muscles keep him warm. Oh yeah.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good points. But that doesn't explain Teyla's belly. Ronon now. All those muscles keep him warm. Oh yeah.

Comment

Hello everyone!

I was going to stop by sooner but I got stuck watching the Canada – Sweden ice-hockey game and I just couldn’t think of anything else but I’m so glad that I saw it because it was such a great and nerve-wracking game because it was just so close through the whole thing but we won and I couldn’t be happier.
              Now that I’m watching the post-game stuff I couldn’t help but remember John’s words about hockey and that McKay probably would have watched the game if he could.

------

Anyway, I just wanted to stop by and say that I dropped a comment about SGA-R on its thread here on GW but thought that if no one reads it there that I should make sure that for those of you working on it who are also here that I loved the update and I just love the whole thing and it’s incredibly well done and believable which makes it so much fun to read.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                Hello everyone!

I was going to stop by sooner but I got stuck watching the Canada – Sweden ice-hockey game and I just couldn’t think of anything else but I’m so glad that I saw it because it was such a great and nerve-wracking game because it was just so close through the whole thing but we won and I couldn’t be happier.
                Now that I’m watching the post-game stuff I couldn’t help but remember John’s words about hockey and that McKay probably would have watched the game if he could.

------

Anyway, I just wanted to stop by and say that I dropped a comment about SGA-R on its thread here on GW but thought that if no one reads it there that I should make sure that for those of you working on it who are also here that I loved the update and I just love the whole thing and it’s incredibly well done and believable which makes it so much fun to read.
                Thanks, we appreciate the comments, and we do read the thread. If you think it started out good, just wait.
                sigpic

Comment

Just Star Trek into Darkness, there were definite times where the crew of the Enterprise reminded me of the Atlantis Crew. except i gotta ask who would be the Spock of the Atlantis crew?

Comment

Teyla's navel was where she had her third eye, that's why it couldn't be covered.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      Just Star Trek into Darkness, there were definite times where the crew of the Enterprise reminded me of the Atlantis Crew. except i gotta ask who would be the Spock of the Atlantis crew?

rodney has the brains, but certainly not the emotional control for that
                      sigpic

Comment

Only two weeks of school left, and I'm going to see Star Trek Into Darkness in 3D tonight!

It's a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                          I don't remember anyone who was quite so logical, but there's only one Spock. So who is Elizabeth?

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                          Teyla's navel was where she had her third eye, that's why it couldn't be covered.
                          You are so bad. I always saw the way they dressed poor Teyla as a sleight-of-hand distraction from the bad writing. She was like the magician's assistant. I wonder if TPTB told the costume department that they needed eye candy so the viewers wouldn't realize how made of fail the writing sometimes was. And later, Ronon's muscles were there for the ladies. If the writing got really bad, like in S4-5, they had those two on screen at the same time.
                          sigpic

Comment

I don't remember anyone who was quite so logical, but there's only one Spock. So who is Elizabeth?
                            let me get back to you on that one.

Comment

I'm feeling kind of blegh.

I need some Sparky fluff that'll make me go "awwwwwwwwww". Since I have limited Internet access at work, can anyone help me find something???

Form of thanks is Sparky fic that will hopefully be complete soon!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

And... I got nothing. Except I'm giggling my head off at the discussion of certain costuming fail.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X