Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    i just mean like i kept comparing other shows to stargate. stargate was my life. my bread and butter.
    I get it. Or maybe I don't. I was never that much attached to any show. I was always more emotionally involved with their fandoms than the shows themselves. Maybe I haven't find MY show yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      NEWS! GLORIOUS NEWS! WONDERFUL NEWS!

The first part of Primum Movens is up at SGA-R. Go and enjoy. The next part will follow soon.
      I want more!!!!!!!

You guys are definitely forgiven for the delay, after this amazing prologue. Thank you!
      sigpic
      sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
        I want more!!!!!!!

You guys are definitely forgiven for the delay, after this amazing prologue. Thank you!
        You think this was good? Just wait'll you see what's coming up for the rest of the episode! MUAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            You think this was good? Just wait'll you see what's coming up for the rest of the episode! MUAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
            Now i am not going to be able to sleep just thinking about that!!! I am all excited right now!!!!!
            sigpic
            sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Yay, new SGA Rising! I'll read it tomorrow night when I'm more awake. Something to look forward to in the morning, to get my butt out of bed and off to the stifling warm office.

Comment

It's been so warm in my office (75-79 F which is 24-26 C) that I keep debate wearing capris. But it's been in the low 50s (15 C) when I leave for work, so I don't want to look like a lunatic. It's been a battle every day between the idea of feeling a little bit cooler OR looking like a crazy person. My aunt told me recently that I used to go around the house in a t-shirt and shorts during winter when I was a little kid (I was the 4th child - my parents were long past trying to dictate such things). So apparently this is not a new struggle for me.

To make this on topic.... do you think they had any kind of temperature control on Atlantis? I can't think of any canon evidence.

Comment

I'm sure the Ancients had something to that effect in Atlantis.
                  sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

The first part of Primum Movens is up at SGA-R. Go and enjoy. The next part will follow soon.
                    Oh. That's good, very good.

Funny how this feels more real than the show. I don't seem to be able to convince myself to accept that what happened in the show really happened.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      It's been so warm in my office (75-79 F which is 24-26 C) that I keep debate wearing capris. But it's been in the low 50s (15 C) when I leave for work, so I don't want to look like a lunatic. It's been a battle every day between the idea of feeling a little bit cooler OR looking like a crazy person. My aunt told me recently that I used to go around the house in a t-shirt and shorts during winter when I was a little kid (I was the 4th child - my parents were long past trying to dictate such things). So apparently this is not a new struggle for me.

To make this on topic.... do you think they had any kind of temperature control on Atlantis? I can't think of any canon evidence.
                      I always assumed that Atlantis was positioned on a latitude closer to the equator, so that temperatures remained consistently comfortable year-round.

Originally posted by Luz View Post

Funny how this feels more real than the show. I don't seem to be able to convince myself to accept that what happened in the show really happened.
                      Oh, it happened. We're just fixing it.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh you are going to really suffer when you're my age. Start stocking up on folding fans now.

I never liked the fact that it always seemed to be the same temp. but I was highly amused by how in the same scene, Rodney would be in short sleeves and John in a jacket. We all know about Joe's cold nature, but I'm betting most viewers didn't. And Elizabeth seemed to be in and out of the jacket a lot. Then came Woolsey, who I don't recall seeing in short sleeves ever.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

They definitely would have to have, LOL!!! Now seriously, i believe they probably did. In a high sophisticated city as Atlantis, i am sure they must have some kind of temperature control.

Originally posted by Luz View Post

Unfortunately those moments happened, i tend to look at them as a transition period, a very bad period, but that will allow for better things to happen now.
                          sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:
                            OMGOMGOMG. If I wasn't sitting in a gym full of high school kids, I would be balling. That exchange between them was heart wrenching in a way that SGA Rising writers pull off so amazingly well.

Eagerly looking forward to the next part!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              I always assumed that Atlantis was positioned on a latitude closer to the equator, so that temperatures remained consistently comfortable year-round.
                              Even San Diego has storms and cold weather sometimes (of course this happened when I went to visit).

Oh you are going to really suffer when you're my age. Start stocking up on folding fans now.

I never liked the fact that it always seemed to be the same temp. but I was highly amused by how in the same scene, Rodney would be in short sleeves and John in a jacket. We all know about Joe's cold nature, but I'm betting most viewers didn't. And Elizabeth seemed to be in and out of the jacket a lot. Then came Woolsey, who I don't recall seeing in short sleeves ever.
                              That's true. I wish Joe had worn the leather jacket more often.

Then of course, there was Ronon's always showing arms and Teyla's always showing belly. Although I don't think that had to do with temperature.

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                              They definitely would have to have, LOL!!! Now seriously, i believe they probably did. In a high sophisticated city as Atlantis, i am sure they must have some kind of temperature control.
                              I imagine with fully charged ZPMs they did. But then our crew never seemed to have enough power, so I wonder if that had to be taken offline.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

That's true. I wish Joe had worn the leather jacket more often.
                                Don't we all?

I imagine with fully charged ZPMs they did. But then our crew never seemed to have enough power, so I wonder if that had to be taken offline.
                                Probably. Only mission-critical systems, and all that.

Comment

Working...
                                X