Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
    Why don't you like it, Pearl?
    For once it has too much Keller and then it is that kind of episode in which the focus is only in one or two of the characters and I don’t like it much. I prefer the episode to focus in all the characters, I prefer when the team is all there most of the time.
    sigpic
    sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
      You've gotta love Keller's reaction to everything and anything or you will dislike the episode big time.
      I liked the episode up until a certain point in time when I came to the realization that the big Teyla episode was all about Keller... and even more peeved when apparently a nomination went to Jewel for a lead role in an episode, which happened to be none other than Missing which was supposed to be about Teyla and the missing Athosians.

I did like Teyla's big fight scene though... she kicked some serious butt. The choreography was well done.

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
      For once it has too much Keller and then it is that kind of episode in which the focus is only in one or two of the characters and I don’t like it much. I prefer the episode to focus in all the characters, I prefer when the team is all there most of the time.
      I was just glad that finally we had Teyla front and center, by Keller's side. If it had been the entire team, the focus would have been on the men. And excuse me but I like some female action over male action once in a while. They are sorely neglected on all occasions.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
        You've gotta love Keller's reaction to everything and anything or you will dislike the episode big time.
        So, I shouldn't even bother then.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
          But it's Teyla's big episode.... [/end sarcasm]

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            But it's Teyla's big episode.... [/end sarcasm]
            Teyla always got the short end of the stick. If I believed for a second the episode was really Teyla-centered, I'd give it a chance. As much as seeing Carter or Woolsey on Atlantis makes me nauseous, I'd put up with them, for Teyla. But she was always a second thought and with you know who in charge, there is no way it didn't get worse.

My favorite Teyla scenes were the ones she had with Elizabeth, anyway.

Comment

Sorry I missed the post-a-thon. We got watching Les Miserables, and it's a damn long movie!

The snark was particularly strong with this one, and I enjoyed reading it.

Comment

And virtually no John. I may just stab myself in the eye for an hour instead. Lots more fun.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  And virtually no John. I may just stab myself in the eye for an hour instead. Lots more fun.
                  I was just thinking to myself how I need to buy some good alcohol to get through Missing. I'll need the hard stuff to get through Trio and Brain Storm, though. To me those are the lowest of the low.

Comment

I was just glad that finally we had Teyla front and center, by Keller's side. If it had been the entire team, the focus would have been on the men. And excuse me but I like some female action over male action once in a while. They are sorely neglected on all occasions.
                    Well i guess everyone has their own preferences.

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                    Well if you have watched it before, i think that yeah, there is no need to bother with it, but if you have never watched it, i would suggest you to watch it at least once. I think all the episodes should be watched at least once, no matter how bad they might be.

That’s also one of the reasons why i also don’t like this episode. I want to see more John, too!!!!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                    I was just thinking to myself how I need to buy some good alcohol to get through Missing. I'll need the hard stuff to get through Trio and Brain Storm, though. To me those are the lowest of the low.
                    Trio and Brain Storm are other two episodes that i will probably pass, i mean for Trio i might only see the beginning since i love John with the Lollipop, LOL. Brain Storm i also find cute the way John seems to be caring about Rodney and Keller’s relationship in the beginning. But as for the rest of these episodes, gosh, i can’t stand them! And i agree, JT-2 these two episodes are the lowest of the lows, they couldn’t get any worse even if they wanted to.
                    sigpic
                    sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

I'm not feeling the Teyla-love here....

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        And now you can make Sangria to enjoy during all those.

That’s also one of the reasons why i also don’t like this episode. I want to see more John, too!!!!
                        I got to thinking last night after watching TR about John and S4-5. I'm not sure the exact ep when it happened, but at some point he stopped being #1. What other show can anyone think of that the actor who is #1 in the credits is not front and center almost all the time? I don't mean literally all the time on screen, but I mean at the center of the action except when a special show features another character. For example, Hawaii Five O came to mind. There is McGarrett in the middle of things 90% of the time. How about NCIS? Isn't Gibbs at least directing the action by telling the team what to do, interacting with them or having the focus on him with each character separately? They did that with John for awhile, but at some point it became a lot less frequent. I can't think of an ensemble show in which the main actor isn't the main character. SGA changed the focus to McKay to the point that it became blatantly obvious in S4-5.

I'm not feeling the Teyla-love here....
                        Well, since this is the Sparky thread, don't you agree that the focus is expected to be on either John or Elizabeth? And since some of us don't like John being shipped with Teyla, isn't it logical that we don't want to see her around him? Just a preference. I'm sure there's a character you'd rather not see on screen also. We mean no offense.
                        sigpic

Comment

Well, since this is the Sparky thread, don't you agree that the focus is expected to be on either John or Elizabeth? And since some of us don't like John being shipped with Teyla, isn't it logical that we don't want to see her around him? Just a preference. I'm sure there's a character you'd rather not see on screen also. We mean no offense.
                          But not to the detriment of the Teyla-character.... not in relation to John. I have seen posts which could have gotten you modded in relation to how Teyla looks in season 4. They could be seen as detrimental to how Rachel looks as Teyla. I remember several comments being modded during the airing of season 4 which come close to what is said here.

Teyla is a character all on her own. She doesn't need John to look interesting. Or any other character for that matter.

Comment

I see why you would skip it then!
                            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

But not to the detriment of the Teyla-character.... not in relation to John. I have seen posts which could have gotten you modded in relation to how Teyla looks in season 4. They could be seen as detrimental to how Rachel looks as Teyla. I remember several comments being modded during the airing of season 4 which come close to what is said here.

Teyla is a character all on her own. She doesn't need John to look interesting. Or any other character for that matter.
                              The same can be said about McKay and Keller. We give them a pretty hard time too. And Sam has taken a beating lately. Why can't we just be honest and say how we feel? It's just an opinion. Maybe we are actually holding back a lot of times so as not to give offense. We're not going to all agree. If the mods think we go too far, they will let us know.
                              sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

The same can be said about McKay and Keller. We give them a pretty hard time too. And Sam has taken a beating lately. Why can't we just be honest and say how we feel? It's just an opinion. Maybe we are actually holding back a lot of times so as not to give offense. We're not going to all agree. If the mods think we go too far, they will let us know.
                                Oh, I've totally been holding back. There is a wide gulf between what I've been posting, and what I'm actually thinking. And it ain't pretty.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X