No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone want to bid on Elizabeth's Office Chair?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stargate-Atl...-/121096925736

sigpic

Comment

sigpic
      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Varda View Post
        Criminal Justice? Wow, I can hardly imagine it, but still I admire you
        My subjects in this semester vary from Oriental cultures to the theory of teaching... and I wish we had more English, I suppose, as mine is far from perfect so far.
        Oriental cultures sounds like an interesting class. What cultures have you covered so far?

You shouldn't been so hard on yourself, Varda. IMHO your English appears very good.
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Oh, thank you! I'm flattered to hear it... If only my English reachers could agree with you!
          I can read in English pretty well, but when it comes to writing or speaking... Well. It's much to be desired sometimes... But I hope, the more practice, the better.
          But, from the other side, sometimes you can make mistakes based on your native language; you believe that some grammar structures/prepositions/collocations, etc are quite similar in both languages. In some cases it works, but in others... faaaail.
          If it's any consolation, spending a lot of time talking to other fans on the internet can be an excellent learning experience.

I'm ESL too, btw. And to be honest, your English is quite good. I wouldn't have known you weren't a native speaker if you hadn't told me.

Comment

native speakers generally aren't very careful in their expressions
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
              Oriental cultures sounds like an interesting class. What cultures have you covered so far?

You shouldn't been so hard on yourself, Varda. IMHO your English appears very good.
              It does! My studies are mostly connected with cultures of the Far East; we've covered some aspects of Korean and Japanese cultures, but most of the time takes Chinese culture, history and literature, and together with Chinese language they form the base of my education.

I'm really pleased to hear it; now I at least believed, that my efforts are somehow rewarded.
              Thank you!

Originally posted by Luz View Post
              If it's any consolation, spending a lot of time talking to other fans on the internet can be an excellent learning experience.

I'm ESL too, btw. And to be honest, your English is quite good. I wouldn't have known you weren't a native speaker if you hadn't told me.
              Sure! I suppose, it really is; when you want not only to talk politely on general topics, but also to discuss some specific issues, even they are fandom-related, it can be a very good motivation

Thanks!
              Same here, I'd never thought like this about you, really.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              native speakers generally aren't very careful in their expressions
              I agree with you. For example, in Russian I can sometimes use a wrong form of a verb, I can change word order in a sentence completely, but it is still understandable.
              I've entered the Abyss and never returned.

sigpic

My links: Tumblr || Twitter || VK

Comment

Whoa, another Russian on this forum! *glee* Welcome, Varda!

Comment

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
                  Whoa, another Russian on this forum! *glee* Welcome, Varda!
                  Interesting that after so long we would get 2 Russians in the last couple of years. When did SGA start airing over there?

Also I just watched this Sheppard vid and loved it. No ship, but a couple of great Sparky shots.

Spoiler:
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Interesting that after so long we would get 2 Russians in the last couple of years. When did SGA start airing over there?

Also I just watched this Sheppard vid and loved it. No ship, but a couple of great Sparky shots.

Spoiler:
                    That's an awesome vid!

According to Wikipedia, SGA first aired in Russia in 2007. I wasn't into sci-fi or TV shows back then. I discovered SGA well after the show's cancellation. I knew most of my favorite fan writers from the Smallville fandom drifted over to SGA, which is why I decided to check the show out. I started out as a slasher and then discovered the goodness that was Sheppard/Weir. If it hadn't been for my active participation in online fandom, I would have probably never heard of this show, despite the fact that I watched the original movie back in 1994.

Comment

That's an awesome vid!

According to Wikipedia, SGA first aired in Russia in 2007. I wasn't into sci-fi or TV shows back then. I discovered SGA well after the show's cancellation. I knew most of my favorite fan writers from the Smallville fandom drifted over to SGA, which is why I decided to check the show out. I started out as a slasher and then discovered the goodness that was Sheppard/Weir. If it hadn't been for my active participation in online fandom, I would have probably never heard of this show, despite the fact that I watched the original movie back in 1994.
                      Very interesting. We're glad you decided to join us. Sparky is truly universal.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        Very interesting. We're glad you decided to join us. Sparky is truly universal.
                        I'm glad as well! Elizabeth is a character that's so easy to root for.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

It does! My studies are mostly connected with cultures of the Far East; we've covered some aspects of Korean and Japanese cultures, but most of the time takes Chinese culture, history and literature, and together with Chinese language they form the base of my education.
                          That sounds fascinating! Are these general classes that you're required to take to earn your degree, or are you taking them in pursuit of a specific field of study (political science, historian, etc.)?

That's an awesome vid!

Smallville! (or as some of us like to call it, Crackville! Because some of those storylines on the show were INSANE, LOL!) Well, we're glad you found your way here to SGA and Sparky, despite the show being over for a few years now. But that's the beauty of fandom, keeping our favorites alive.

Yes, she is.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

[QUOTE=Scary Kitty;13796554]Smallville! (or as some of us like to call it, Crackville! Because some of those storylines on the show were INSANE, LOL!) Well, we're glad you found your way here to SGA and Sparky, despite the show being over for a few years now. But that's the beauty of fandom, keeping our favorites alive.
                            [QUOTE]

Some of the storylines? The entire show was non-stop insanity (and not in the good way), IMO! It lowered my standards considerably, so if I'm not as hard on SGA/Malozzi/etc as everyone else is, it's because I think SGA is a masterpiece of quality storytelling compared to Smallville. I mean, at least on SGA we did not see anyone have sex with their new twu wuv on the exact spot where their beloved spouse was recently murdered. Nor did we see the team have a warm Thanksgiving dinner with Kolya (which is what would have happened if Smallville writers had been in SGA writing team). But SV had a very nice and talented fandom. Why do these cracky shows attract so many gifted fanfic writers?

As for SGA, I'm always late to the party. I got into Harry Potter only after the Deathly Hallows came out. I got into Smallville in its 9th season. I'm only just getting into Supernatural. So it's no surprise I discovered SGA so late. I must say, the quality of fic writing in this fandom is unparalleled. It's quite possibly the best fandom in terms of fic that I've ever seen.

Comment

*pops in*

Good morning-almost-afternoon!

I'm not allowed to use my iPad during testing for two hours, so I old skool wrote two full pages of fic and drew a picture of Mr. Sheppard sitting at a table, grading papers. I suck at drawing. I'll post it later so you can laugh with me.

Hoping everyone is having a great day!

Comment

Hello everyone!

I think it’s great that there are so many people from different places here. And I’m not even going to step into the languish discussion for the obvious reason but it’s great to read what everyone else have said.

Elizabeth is and was my favorite SGA character and that is one of the reasons for that
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X