No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*comes in, leaves Hermione video with Weir/Sheppard shippynezz (watch it, you'll see)*

*exits*
    Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
    Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
      This pic reminds me of a mini-kerfuffle there was in another fandom of mine, where fans thought we were getting a scene like this and then we didn't. And I was just sitting there thinking of sparky, tptb might not have like us much but at least they gave us scenes like this.
      Which brings to mind the question of why did they. I mean, if they really meant, as they insisted so many times, that there was no romantic connection between John and Elizabeth, then why did they continue to show us just the opposite visually? Every romantic cliche in the book was trotted out for them, but TPTB kept saying "Nothing to see here. Move along now." And, OTOH, with the ship they claimed to favor, they showed us very few moments to make us believe it. Beyond odd. In fact, this very truth led both my husband and son to insist that they were just blowing smoke, and that eventually Sparky would happen. It was just too obvious. Now they both have realized these writers didn't quite know what they were doing.

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
      *comes in, leaves Hermione video with Weir/Sheppard shippynezz (watch it, you'll see)*

*exits*
      Oh my goodness. That is certainly different, but I love it. I wonder if the HP fandom will be confused.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Oh my goodness. That is certainly different, but I love it. I wonder if the HP fandom will be confused.
        So... Hermione walked away from from Shep & now regrets it as he is with Weir now? Am I right? I am a Potter fan & yes I'm a little confused I think.
        I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
        traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

*pops in*

So my student is absent from school today, and I'm not feeling all that great either, so I headed home to work on my video, but of course, there are always other pressing matters to intervene so I will be gone all day.

But most of the video is finished, and once it's posted, I have another one to start working on.

Oh, and more fic has been written, but I'm not in a position to post a snippet yet.

Be back later, hope everyone has a fantastic day!!!

*pops out*

Comment

Originally posted by McBecklover View Post
            So... Hermione walked away from from Shep & now regrets it as he is with Weir now? Am I right? I am a Potter fan & yes I'm a little confused I think.
            Really? I thought John and Elizabeth were her parents and she left home. She's way too young for him. Way way too young.
            sigpic

Comment

Which brings to mind the question of why did they. I mean, if they really meant, as they insisted so many times, that there was no romantic connection between John and Elizabeth, then why did they continue to show us just the opposite visually?
              An image is worth more than a thousand words.
              sigpic
              sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Which brings to mind the question of why did they. I mean, if they really meant, as they insisted so many times, that there was no romantic connection between John and Elizabeth, then why did they continue to show us just the opposite visually? Every romantic cliche in the book was trotted out for them, but TPTB kept saying "Nothing to see here. Move along now." And, OTOH, with the ship they claimed to favor, they showed us very few moments to make us believe it. Beyond odd. In fact, this very truth led both my husband and son to insist that they were just blowing smoke, and that eventually Sparky would happen. It was just too obvious. Now they both have realized these writers didn't quite know what they were doing.
                Just imagine what we could have had if the show had had writers who knew what they were doing.

Oh, wait... *cough*SGA Rising*cough*

(it's just the scheduling we're having trouble with... )

HP fandom is already confused. That's why I got the frak outta there years ago.

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                An image is worth more than a thousand words.
                Precisely.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
                  Okay, I was just uploading my new manip/wallpaper to DeviantArt when I spottet something seriously HOT. I dont know if you guys saw this before but .... well, see for yourself.
                  Link in spoiler-tag due to it not being very... child-friendly

Spoiler:
                  http://angelus2hot.deviantart.com/ > Gallery ... and you'll find what I'm talking about

Anyway, wanted to share my new art.... totally random and weird but WHO CARES
                  Enjoy my sparky!babies.

view http://torri012.deviantart.com/
                  Well I couldn’t see the other persons fanart because I don’t have a devianart account but I did see your and loved them, they looked great.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  That would have actually been pretty cool... apart from the dying part that is.

Oh imagine his character, and Elizabeth going head to head. John would have to tear her away in order to protect him.
                  I know that Torri did a movie with Sean called ‘Airborne’ but I haven’t seen it so I don’t know if they have any interaction in it but I wouldn’t have minded seeing a scene like that.

Originally posted by AlbinoMonkeyC View Post
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xE13-3cMW0c

*exits*
                  I loved that one, I’m also a big HP fan and seeing them come together like that is great. It’s also fun because when you read the HP books you noticed that Sparky could fit into being Hermione’s parents in many ways.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McBecklover View Post
                    Really? I thought John and Elizabeth were her parents and she left home. She's way too young for him. Way way too young.
                    I looked at the video on youtube and saw that the maker said in the description that they were her parents in the video, and you’re right, anything else would be a bit to disturbing.
                    sigpic

Comment

JT-2 is close to Boston, and she went to school there.
                      I didn't know you are from that area. Glad you are okay. It's scary when it gets close to home.
                      Yeah, that's why I've been MIA. None of my friends or family were involved, but it just hits harder with it being so close to home. And I'm very familiar with that part of Boston. Just a bit shocked is all. We don't think of Boston as the kind of place that would be attacked. We all tend to think that would happen in NY or DC, not Boston.

Comment

*sends lots of Lemming-hugs* @ JT-2
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*hugs JT-2* Glad you're okay.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                            Yeah, that's why I've been MIA. None of my friends or family were involved, but it just hits harder with it being so close to home. And I'm very familiar with that part of Boston. Just a bit shocked is all. We don't think of Boston as the kind of place that would be attacked. We all tend to think that would happen in NY or DC, not Boston.
                            Maybe that's why this terrorist chose Boston. Nobody was expecting it. We're used to the extreme security at public events here and I think forget that the rest of the country doesn't get all that. It's the way of the future, I'm afraid. Glad you're doing okay.
                            sigpic

Comment

Maybe that's why this terrorist chose Boston. Nobody was expecting it. We're used to the extreme security at public events here and I think forget that the rest of the country doesn't get all that. It's the way of the future, I'm afraid. Glad you're doing okay.
                              I'm just happy it didn't happen in Chicago.
                              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

It happens in Syria every day. Just saying, it happens every where... or it could happen everywhere.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X