Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brie View Post
    I did watch the show as it aired here but there wasn’t many news about it and I didn’t wasn’t online a lot at the time so I didn’t know anything about what was going on BTS so for me the loss of first Carson and then Elizabeth so close together came as a complete shock to me and not in a good way.
    It was like a kick in the stomach when they killed Carson off, then just as we're getting back up again, we get another kick in the gut when Weir functionally goes MIA.
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

You’re defiantly not wrong about that and we did discuss that scene quite bit when we watched it during the post-a-thon and you can hear when he says “fair enough” that he doesn’t feel that it was fair enough and that even Joe seem to think that it wouldn’t be like Sheppard to give up by the tone in his voice. And when he said “If she’s out there I will find her” makes me both smile and cry at the same time. I do feel that it’s possible that he couldn’t go after her because he felt that he needed to keep Atlantis safe for Elizabeth’s sake, but it still felt weird to see him not even try, I mean this is the guy who not only did that but who flew a jumper with a nuke on it into a hive ship, a guy flew (and crashed) a broken pod not to mentioned who said that he would do anything (including die for) all of them including Elizabeth, now I wouldn’t want him to get hurt or die but at least trying to figure out what had happened wouldn’t have been so wrong.

And it was extra weird also that all of them would leave Elizabeth like that and many not even caring (that we saw) about what had happened to Elizabeth, I mean for the first three season we didn’t see anyone care as much about making sure that everyone made it safe back home as Elizabeth did and not seeing them do the same thing back was hard.
      Yeah, it just doesn't compute that they would all be perfectly okay with leaving her to suffer a terrible fate without trying to do everything in their power to bring her back.
      I did watch the show as it aired here but there wasn’t many news about it and I didn’t wasn’t online a lot at the time so I didn’t know anything about what was going on BTS so for me the loss of first Carson and then Elizabeth so close together came as a complete shock to me and not in a good way.

And I’m not a big SG-1 fan myself even if I have seen the episodes so I do agree, there was few good epsidoes in the second part of season 3 that I enjoyed (Echoes and Submersion for example) but many of them were stale as you said, makes me wish that they would have done that Elizabeth/Ronon centered episode to get something different after all the McKay centered episodes in season 3.

I loved season 1, it was the only season with a real plot and it was during a time when everything was still new and scary and the wraith were still frightening and mysterious, and I do love that they made it so that it the expedition had to struggle to survive and really go out there and try and make allies, once they made contact with earth again they kind lost that.
      Unfortubately, I was there to witness the whole off-screen kerfuffle and it wasn't pretty. I don't know if I wouldn't have been as bitter and angry about the whole thing if I hadn't seen how shady the whole deal was.

I only watched Submersion for the first time yesterday. I was surprised by how much I liked it. The beginning was way too cute with all the scientists in the puddlejumper and Sheppard being all "don't make me turn this puddlejumper around" and calling them kids. Elizabeth was just so happy getting out of the office. And don't get me started on the "I'm all yours" scene, I was ded from teh cute.

Season one was something else, my favorite part was the feeling of isolation. The show lost a lot when communicating with earth because so easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
        Oh no, that fic is not mine, I don't write fanfic. Maybe I should edit the post, make it clear I'm not the author.

Yeah, it's everything. He looks so broken when Keller tells him she's brain-dead and so angry when he founds out about what McKay did.

And that scene where they're walking side by side down the corridor, it kills me because they look so - I don't know how to put it - like a unit, a team. And at the end when he's set on finding her.

It just doesn't compute that Sheppard wouldn't keep looking for her until he found her because it's so ooc. And that's one of the reasons seasons 4 and 5 didn't click. Elizabeth was the heart of Atlantis, Sheppard would have never given up. This is the same man who went into a wraith ship to rescue Teyla and Sumner, it just doesn't make sense that he wouldn't have kept looking.
        Ah, thanks for the clarification. I reread it and it's a very good continuation. Now that I know it's not yours, I can add that it would benefit from a good beta, however. But even I can overlook a few errors if the story and characterization are good.

I don't know how closely you followed things for the last couple of years. But, JF has been very vocal in his criticism of how things were handled, particularly with Torri and has vocally supported her numerous times. He even said he was responsible for the few mentions of her in S4-5. So without him, she would have just been totally forgotten.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

After my third and final failed attempt at giving seasons 4 and 5 a try, I've decided to stop trying. I just can't, without Lizzie it feels so wrong.

The last episode I watched properly was Lifeline. So I'm stopping there and then I have this wonderful fix-it fic (eta: the fic is not mine). It's the perfect plan.

In spite of what Adrift and Lifeline represent I found myself loving the episodes. They're tense and full of angst, I just wish for a different end result. Lifeline's ending breaks my shipper heart every time, poor John.
          Thank you for the fic rec! It is so intriguing and captivating that I'm almost late for a doctor appointment!!!

May have a present for everyone when I get home.

*runs out*

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Ah, thanks for the clarification. I reread it and it's a very good continuation. Now that I know it's not yours, I can add that it would benefit from a good beta, however. But even I can overlook a few errors if the story and characterization are good.

I don't know how closely you followed things for the last couple of years. But, JF has been very vocal in his criticism of how things were handled, particularly with Torri and has vocally supported her numerous times. He even said he was responsible for the few mentions of her in S4-5. So without him, she would have just been totally forgotten.
            I didn't notice any glaring errors, I was just thrilled to find a long, well written and *finished* fix-it fic.

I haven't been paying attention at all. In fact I've done my best to pretend the show never existed. But I'm not surprised by this, Joe was always such a standup guy. If you could point me in their direction, I'd love to read or watch some JF's interviews on the subject.
            Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            Thank you for the fic rec! It is so intriguing and captivating that I'm almost late for a doctor appointment!!!

*runs out*
            You're welcome, I was on the hunt for fix-it fic all weekend and it's so hard to find.

Comment

After my third and final failed attempt at giving seasons 4 and 5 a try, I've decided to stop trying. I just can't, without Lizzie it feels so wrong.

The last episode I watched properly was Lifeline. So I'm stopping there and then I have this wonderful fix-it fic (eta: the fic is not mine). It's the perfect plan.

In spite of what Adrift and Lifeline represent I found myself loving the episodes. They're tense and full of angst, I just wish for a different end result. Lifeline's ending breaks my shipper heart every time, poor John.
              Adrift/Lifeline were certainly the most emotionally exhausting episodes. They were extremely sad, and I hate the way Elizabeth's departure was handled in the end.

SGA was never the same after Elizabeth’s departure, I mean everything changed after her departure. I mean John was never the same after her “departure”. He changed completely, from day to night, he seemed to have lost his soul, the sparkle was gone from his eyes. Sparky being separated made Atlantis broken. And that’s why Atlantis (the show) was never the same after Elizabeth’s departure, because Atlantis (the show) without Sparky is not “Atlantis”.
              Spoiler:
              I must admit that when I first watched seasons 4 and 5 they didn’t seem so bad to me. But then again back then I was also trying to catch up the re runs of the first 3 seasons, since I had not watched them when they premiered. But I could easily tell they were not the same thing as the episodes from the first 3 seasons. I always felt more excited about the stories from the first seasons .
              I also didn’t know anything of what had happened behind the scenes, so probably most of my disliking of seasons 4 and 5 episodes now might come from that, the knowledge of how things were so badly handled in the last two seasons.
              But in spite of everything, I think everyone should watch at least once all the episodes of seasons 4 and 5.

And it's not really the ending because all that angst would have made for great hurt/comfort if it'd been followed by Elizabeth being found and going back to Atlantis, with a happy ending. That's where fix-it fic comes in handy.
              Couldn’t agree more! And thank you for the fic. I love fix it fics.

It just doesn't compute that Sheppard wouldn't keep looking for her until he found her because it's so ooc. And that's one of the reasons seasons 4 and 5 didn't click. Elizabeth was the heart of Atlantis, Sheppard would have never given up. This is the same man who went into a wraith ship to rescue Teyla and Sumner, it just doesn't make sense that he wouldn't have kept looking.
              Once again I couldn’t agree more, I mean the idea that John never went after Elizabeth, not a single time, makes no sense at all. Like you said it is totally OCC!!! Even if we would not consider Sparky, John would have never left anyone behind, not after all the things he did to bring back other people in the past. Why change now? It doesn’t seem right from any perspective, Sparky or otherwise.

Yeah, it just doesn't compute that they would all be perfectly okay with leaving her to suffer a terrible fate without trying to do everything in their power to bring her back.
              Specially Elizabeth being the leader, I mean I am not saying that she should be treated differently from other members of the expedition, or then again maybe I am, because I mean she was the leader, she was the “president” of Atlantis, she was the “governor” of Atlantis. Would it have been on Earth, would Elizabeth have been a president of a country, wouldn’t her search, and possible rescue, be made a priority?

I really look forward to it.
              sigpic
              sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

I didn't notice any glaring errors, I was just thrilled to find a long, well written and *finished* fix-it fic.

I haven't been paying attention at all. In fact I've done my best to pretend the show never existed. But I'm not surprised by this, Joe was always such a standup guy. If you could point me in their direction, I'd love to read or watch some JF's interviews on the subject.

You're welcome, I was on the hunt for fix-it fic all weekend and it's so hard to find.
                It was mostly at cons. I personally heard him say she was treated badly, as did several others around here. Sorry I don't have any links though. i know there were some clips on YouTube.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  It was mostly at cons. I personally heard him say she was treated badly, as did several others around here. Sorry I don't have any links though. i know there were some clips on YouTube.
                  I'm looking at youtube videos as we speak. Even if I don't find anything at least I get to hear them talk, what a beautiful perfect cast.

Comment

That story you recommended, was great! I loved it! It's even given me some ideas for the next chapter in my Sparky story.
                    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Saw that we have passed 137,000 posts, that’s awesome.

Now I'm curies SW to see what you have planned.

I'm looking at youtube videos as we speak. Even if I don't find anything at least I get to hear them talk, what a beautiful perfect cast.
                      You should especially watch the once from the con in France with Joe, Torri and Paul, it was full of awesomeness. It’s also worth checking out the vids from DragonCon from earlier this year when we also got some great stuff.
                      sigpic

Comment

OT:

Spoiler:
                        OMG, what is going on in the world? Explosions at the Boston Marathon finish line, then another incident at JFK Library? So horrible.

Comment

OT:

Spoiler:
                          OMG, what is going on in the world? Explosions at the Boston Marathon finish line, then another incident at JFK Library? So horrible.
                          Terrorists. That's what's going on in the world!

Comment

Enjoying the view

sigpic

Comment

So I've abandoned the vague video I was talking about last week. For now. And I've started working on a new one, and of course at it happens I'm halfway through with it and I'm starting to get vidder's block! And there's another song I really wanna work on ...

Good thing I have two hours of nothing to do tomorrow.

*runs out screaming*

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                                Hee, too cute!

And you're inspiring me: I have an idea for a manip that I need to try.

Comment

Working...
                                X