No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*pokes head in* I haven't been in here in a few days. But I come bearing gifts. Sort of. Would anyone, by any chance, be interested in reading a crossover fic between SG-1 and SGA (Sparky) if I posted the link here?
    Your Life Was Amazing Until You Met Me
    My FF.net . My Sci-Fi Art . My Stargate RPG . Sam/Jack Made Up Episodes Project

Comment

The Only thing i have to say about that article is "C'est Le Vie"

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Wait... it wasn't a joke? *sticks fingers in ears* LALALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALALA CAN'T HEAR YOU

Ugh, makes John look bad is an understatement. I guess the character assassination of Sheppard continues even after all this time. And it's no wonder SGA (and SGU) never had an Air Force advisor like SG-1 initially did, they would've raised holy hell about all the broken regs and conduct unbecoming of an officer running rampant in the storylines.

Yep. Never thought I'd actually be glad for the current leadership at MGM treating the franchise like a toxic stepsister, but given what's been coming out of the so-called "official" pipe for a while, maybe letting it die is more merciful than trying to keep it alive.
        Sing it, sistah. It's like the fans care more about their characters than the creators did.

Originally posted by Simlead View Post
        *pokes head in* I haven't been in here in a few days. But I come bearing gifts. Sort of. Would anyone, by any chance, be interested in reading a crossover fic between SG-1 and SGA (Sparky) if I posted the link here?
        We are always happy to read well-written Sparky fic.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          Yes, I am mathgirl24 over there as well. Do you have an account there too?
          Yeah, I'm theytriedtotameyou over there.
          Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Exactly, it never happened so it isn't canon. Same for the Legacy series. Also not canon.
          With time I've developed an excellent defense mechanism. I don't feel a thing has happened unless I see it with my own eyes, that's why s4 and 5 don't feel real. And I won't even bother with the article, I go out of my way to avoid tptb's interviews, it's better for my blood pressure.

Maybe someone can help me, is there a size limit for posting pictures? I've been trying to post one but it keeps telling me it is too large. I've tried optimizing it but nothing seems to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            We are always happy to read well-written Sparky fic.
            Okay, I hope it's to your liking. I only just started, though, there are still many chapters to come:
            Night Begins Here

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
              Maybe someone can help me, is there a size limit for posting pictures? I've been trying to post one but it keeps telling me it is too large. I've tried optimizing it but nothing seems to work.
              Attachments have a limit yes. Alternatives are to link to sites like photobucket instead of uploading it as an attachment on GW.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Torri012 View Post
                I think you are right there. In my eyes S5 was already unwatchable. They killed of too many good characters and due to that it was going down the drain (fast) and I'm kind of glad that they ended it when they did. Any more would have been unbearable... unless they would have completelly turned it up side down and brought back A LOT of charas (eg: weir, ford, kolya, heightmeyer) and started afresh....
                *cough*Atlantis Rising*coughcough* We will finish this series, darnit!

Sing it, sistah. It's like the fans care more about their characters than the creators did.
                Yup yup. Look how much better we've treated everyone on SGA Rising. No stupid exploding tumors, no character assassination, no trick lobotomies and ignoring canon to justify ridiculous stories that insult the audience's intelligence. Just good old-fashioned positive character development and epic storytelling.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

That we definitely do! And I am more than glad (now after knowing what really happened - I mean behind the scenes - and the plans for a continuation – whether in a movie or in a season 6) that the series ended where it did and the way it ended.

Okay, I hope it's to your liking. I only just started, though, there are still many chapters to come:
                  Night Begins Here
                  I love fics
                  Spoiler:
                  that deal with events after the end of the series.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  *cough*Atlantis Rising*coughcough* We will finish this series, darnit!

Yup yup. Look how much better we've treated everyone on SGA Rising. No stupid exploding tumors, no character assassination, no trick lobotomies and ignoring canon to justify ridiculous stories that insult the audience's intelligence. Just good old-fashioned positive character development and epic storytelling.
                  I am totally counting on you!!!!
                  sigpic
                  sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                    I love fics
                    Spoiler:
                    that deal with events after the end of the series.
                    Well,
                    Spoiler:
                    I love writing them. After my excuse of AUs, there's adding onto the end of the series and 'repairing' things. Like sending John to do what he did. Or will do.

Comment

Attachments have a limit yes. Alternatives are to link to sites like photobucket instead of uploading it as an attachment on GW.
                      I tried linking it but it still tells me it's too large. There is an option that says "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" and if I unclick it it lets me, hm. I hope it's nothing important.

Comment

Well,
                        Spoiler:
                        I love writing them. After my excuse of AUs, there's adding onto the end of the series and 'repairing' things. Like sending John to do what he did. Or will do.
                        Go for it!!
                        Spoiler:
                        I will support you all the way as long as John will be sent to do what he has to do, and we all know what that is!!!
                        sigpic
                        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Luz View Post
                          I tried linking it but it still tells me it's too large. There is an option that says "Retrieve remote file and reference locally" and if I unclick it it lets me, hm. I hope it's nothing important.
                          That's something I haven't come across before... ... so probably not important. Hopefully...

Go for it!!
                          Spoiler:
                          I will support you all the way as long as John will be sent to do what he has to do, and we all know what that is!!!
                          Spoiler:
                          ...woo Kate, marry her and live happily ever after.

Comment

Go for it!!
                            Spoiler:
                            Spoiler:
                            Oh, he will. Just not the way you think! More coming soon. Right after my plot bunnies eat their carrots, settle down, and let me write this chapter for another story.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              ...woo Kate, marry her and live happily ever after.

Spoiler:
                              No, I have other plans for her.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                No, I have other plans for her.
                                Oh, it was worth a shot...

Comment

Working...
                                X