No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    My kitty has forgiven me this morning. He forgave my aunt right away of course.
    Your cat sounds like Buttercup from the Hunger Games.

Yes, and that he and Elizabeth would discuss the novel together. I'm feeling a need to read SR's War and Peace story again.
    Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Well here ya go, but it comes with a warning. The last time I reread it, I found tons of writing errors, proving once again that those who can do and those who can't, teach. But I still like the story. One day when I have nothing to do, I'll go in and rewrite it.
    *flails* Oh, I haven't read that story in a while! It's one of my faves. Thanks for reposting the link, SR!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Thanks everyone I'll see if my muse will help me create some more shippy art for you guys
      sigpic

Comment

Thank you meredithe5. I am unable to give you green for your work, for now virtual green will have to do!
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
          Thanks everyone I'll see if my muse will help me create some more shippy art for you guys
          It was lovely! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            I don't know where I remember this from. Maybe someone else does, but either Joe said it or it was said in a commentary that he used to check his room to make sure they had included all the right stuff. Namely, his picture of him with Evel Knievel, the book and some other things. Evidently, he was very particular about all that. Not surprising considering how invested he was in his character.
            I didn’t know about that but I like it, shows like you said that he was very invested in his character. I just pointed it out because the book wasn’t seen in the first three seasons (besides in ‘Home’) and then suddenly it’s there close to his bed and he’s also seen reading it in season 5’s ‘First Contact’ but it’s nice to see that it was there per Joe’s choice.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            My headcanon is that John was still so broken up about losing Elizabeth that he couldn't even stand to pick up the book for months afterward. *nods firmly*
            That could very well be it, well, it’s great to see it through and to know that it’s not just another one of those things that appears in one-two episodes and then just mysteriously disappears like so many other things on SGA.

My first ever Sparky banner that I've made for Sparky She Demon

http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/...psfc52c5d3.jpg
            That’s a beautiful banner.
            sigpic

Comment

Your cat sounds like Buttercup from the Hunger Games.

Then yeah, my aunt is definitely the Prim while I'm the Katniss in our household.

SR - thanks for posting the link. I love that one. You actually use quotes from the book in a meaningful way.

Comment

sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

OT
                  Spoiler:
                  i have no idea what the hell is up with me today but i am letting little stupid stuff get to me and letting it piss me off. it's seriously making me wanna punch something

Comment

Then yeah, my aunt is definitely the Prim while I'm the Katniss in our household.

SR - thanks for posting the link. I love that one. You actually use quotes from the book in a meaningful way.
                    Thanks, I used a teaching aid. I can't help it. It's still in my blood.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Simlead View Post
                      I just finished the sequel to my Sparky Easter fic, and here it is:
                      Fright at First Sight
                      Kind of the wrong time of year to publish it, but the summary explains it.
                      Cute fic, Simlead.

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                      I was looking through some SGA pics and saw this one of John from “Doppelganger”

And first of all, could they have given him a smaller bed? *lol* but it was the “war and peace” book on his nightstand that stood out to me and so I went back and checked the shots of his room from the earlier seasons but it wasn’t there in those. Makes me think that maybe at least partly that he might be keeping it there more after Elizabeth went MIA. Now there could be other explanations of course but I like to think that it might have been a way to keep something that he shared with her close by, maybe to remind him to keep fighting for peace because he knew that’s what she would have wanted or maybe because he wanted to make sure he didn’t forget his ‘Lifeline’ promise (or how you wanted to put it) to find her if she was still alive…or maybe it was all the above. I brought it up mostly because I hadn’t seen it before and it made me think.
                      My gosh, I think I have never noticed “War & Peace” in his nightstand before!!!! Thank you Brie for pointing that out. Having the book there, after Elizabeth went MIA, perhaps made him feel a little bit closer to her.

My headcanon is that John was still so broken up about losing Elizabeth that he couldn't even stand to pick up the book for months afterward. *nods firmly*
                      Oh, i had never thought about it that way. But it can also be it.

And he was still reading it in season 5 when Rodney and Daniel started making jokes about his intelligence. *grumbles*
                      I really didn’t like this part.

My kitty made it through his tooth extraction and cleaning fine. He seems to be blaming me and won't come anywhere near me.
                      Now you have to explain / meow him that it was all for his own good.

My first ever Sparky banner that I've made for Sparky She Demon
                      http://i1252.photobucket.com/albums/...psfc52c5d3.jpg
                      Oh my gosh, your Sparky banner is simply just great, amazing!!!! Love it!!! I hope this will be the first of many.

Sparky She-demon, is this the one
                      Spoiler:
                      that will be used for the Sparky fic list thread?!

That could very well be it, well, it’s great to see it through and to know that it’s not just another one of those things that appears in one-two episodes and then just mysteriously disappears like so many other things on SGA.
                      But I am guessing that’s what probably would have happened if it wasn’t for Joe.
                      sigpic
                      sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Your fic is amazing SW, I remember reading some of it before and loved it then and now they certainly brightened up my Friday.
                        sigpic

Comment

SR, enjoyed re-reading your fic!

And Pocus' new bundles of joy have arrived!

Your fic is amazing SW, I remember reading some of it before and loved it then and now they certainly brightened up my Friday.
                          Thank you!!!

Comment

My vacation has ended, home again... trying to peer past the cat who's making sure I'm not leaving again any time soon. Mambo has firmly planted himself on top of me.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

And he was still reading it in season 5 when Rodney and Daniel started making jokes about his intelligence. *grumbles*

My kitty made it through his tooth extraction and cleaning fine. He seems to be blaming me and won't come anywhere near me.
                              That always annoyed me about how they starting out showing John as a really intelligent guy and then dumbed him down in the last two seasons.

Your cat sounds a lot my sister's dog, JT-2. One time I held her down while my sister put medicine on her ears and she spent the rest of the day trailing after our mother.
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                                Part Two--

In case it looks familiar, this is a ficlet I posted a few months ago that I decided to sit down with tonight and tackle. I needed something fluffy.

Spoiler:
                                Elizabeth raised her head again, and John wasn't sure what he felt. On the one hand, he was relieved that she had picked up on his subtle hints. On the flip side, if she was playing Juliet, just for a minute, and she did a truly believable job, he wasn't sure he'd be able to control himself.

His arms dropped to the sides.

And John started to nervously chew on his lip.

“O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo?
                                Deny thy father and refuse thy name;
                                Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love,
                                And I'll no longer be a Capulet.”

Elizabeth’s gaze was upwards towards the balcony seating, and the lamenting tone of her voice truly sounded as if she were pouring her heart out to God, wishing for him to magically appear. It was captivating; there was no other word for it.

Then her eyes dropped down and she turned to look at the students.

“What did she mean by that? In modern English, how would you say that?”

Rosalie’s eyes widened momentarily, but an awareness dawned on her and she nodded in understanding. “I want Romeo. I don’t care what my father thinks. I love Romeo. And if he truly loves me, then my father can disown me for all I care.”

Elizabeth nodded. “Exactly!” She pointed to the stairs that led down the side of the stage. “Brandon, sit on the steps and just listen. Close your eyes.”

He raised an eyebrow, but shrugged and acquiesced.

John stood in awe as Elizabeth took control of the scene and directed the students to state the gist of the Shakespearian lines instead of directly quoting. Once they got the hang of it and ran through it a few times, they got ready to rehearse the scene for real.

Yet just as they took their marks, the bell rang.

They groaned and complained about having to do it all again tomorrow, but when Elizabeth promised that she would be here after school, they seemed placated and went on to their last class of the day.

John ran off the stage and grabbed his laptop bag from the seat, slinging it over his shoulder. “That was amazing,” he applauded, turning to face her with an awkward smile.

Elizabeth chuckled faintly. “Sometimes all you need is a little motivation.”

Speaking of which--

“John?”

“Hmm?”

She hung her head but looked up from under nervous lashes.

“Parting is such sweet sorrow,
                                That I shall say good night till it be morrow.”

It’s now or never, John told himself.

“Oh fair maiden,” he replied with a smile, “anon cannot arrive soon enough. So what say you to dinner at my place?”

Not completed yet, but ... soon.
                                I like where this is leading, SW!!!

Since I can't green you again yet, mental fic green!!!
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                                X