Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Sadly, I think the joke is on us. But at least we know it will never be made. I think maybe parts of what he said are true because he posted once before about the part where Atlantis is parked on the moon. Some of the rest, though, sounds too much like crackfic to be real.
    The very fact that you can't be certain it isn't just crackfic for April Fool's Day instead of the real plot? Doesn't that just say it all?

Comment

*shakes head*

Well, track season is over. So I'm going home to get reacquainted with GIMP.

Comment

i
        Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        The very fact that you can't be certain it isn't just crackfic for April Fool's Day instead of the real plot? Doesn't that just say it all?
        Indeed it does.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
          Hi Varda, welcome to the thread!
          Thank you so muuuch!

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          Same here. I kinda fell into this thread one day and never fully left.
          I don't want to leave this thread either!
          By the way, the link in your Signature to your ff.net profile just provided me with new Sparky reading for the nearest future Thank you! (Sorry, I can't send PM yet, but I wanted to say it anyway)

Originally posted by Brie View Post
          I think it’s fun how most of us view Sparky the same way, shows us that there really was something there to see (even if TPTB tries to deny it).
          I believe there was! Just because... that many people can't be so wrong all together, huh?
          I've entered the Abyss and never returned.

sigpic

My links: Tumblr || Twitter || VK

Comment

Some of the rest, though, sounds too much like crackfic to be real.
            Now, I want someone to write that it.

I was just telling my sister over dinner that if one wants their April Fool's day joke to be good, is to put just enough truth in it to make it believable. I think Mallozzi provided us with the best one yet. I haven't been online all that much today due to being on holiday and here for the prehistoric, roman and medieval stuff, but it's definitely high up, along with the YouTube one.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

hi guys,

Was going to write more but must check out the thread that everyone is talking about with the "movie plot" points by Mallozzi - back soon
              sigpic

Comment

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank goodness they never got far enough if this is true. The plot is truly dreadful. I think that while there are parts I have read before the rest must be an elaborate April Fools joke because that is just bad! If it is all real then no wonder MGM shut it down!!!

Having been an avid reader of the fanfic the last six months or so I can safely say that there are a fair few of us that have come up with far better plots and we are not highly paid TV producers - funny how some people on the thread were excited by it though!

Look, we have new people - hooray, I'm not the newbie anymore!!

Anyway, I hope everyone had a happy Easter. We went to the local pub for lunch and it was lovely. The kid got to see a bunny rabbit for the first time and she loved it. Weird that it snowed on Easter Sunday though. That's weather in London for you lately though. Completely mental!

Anyway, gotta get the kid ready for bed and watch some Haven with the hubby. Discovered it while I was sick - it's pretty good.
                sigpic

Comment

I was convinced the plot was real because, cracky as it is, it sounds pretty much standard Stargate fare to me. Frankly, I think most of SGA/SG-1 episodes are incredibly cracky (still enjoyable, though!). There's a reason this fandom has so much crack!fic, after all! This plot doesn't sound any more dreadful or silly than the plots for Stargate Continum/Ark of Truth or any given SG-1/SGA/SGU ep. *shrug*

Comment

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
                    I was convinced the plot was real because, cracky as it is, it sounds pretty much standard Stargate fare to me. Frankly, I think most of SGA/SG-1 episodes are incredibly cracky (still enjoyable, though!). There's a reason this fandom has so much crack!fic, after all! This plot doesn't sound any more dreadful or silly than the plots for Stargate Continum/Ark of Truth or any given SG-1/SGA/SGU ep. *shrug*
                    Yeah, I do think it might be real as well. Like I said earlier though, the fact that we can have the debate speaks volumes to the "plot" and to Mallozzi's prior "plots".

There are so many logic gaps in just that small synopsis that it makes my math girl brain spin.

Comment

Baconbaconbaconbacon! I love this theme. Anyone who watches SGA knows that bacon is the food that makes all other foods taste good.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Like I said earlier though, the fact that we can have the debate speaks volumes to the "plot" and to Mallozzi's prior "plots".
                        Not just Malozzi's, even. The entire premise of these shows defies logic in many ways (aliens speaking modern English being only one of the many examples).

eh, I guess I'm not as hard on Malozzi as everyone else here. Yeas, he's an inferior writer. His attempts at humor and his characterisation leave much to be desired, for the most part (the only episode written by him that I like is "Window of Opportunity"). And his sense of continuity is... well, let's not even mention it. But as far as plot and logic go, I don't think he's any worse than the rest of the Stargate writers.

Comment

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
                          Not just Malozzi's, even. The entire premise of these shows defies logic in many ways (aliens speaking modern English being only one of the many examples).

eh, I guess I'm not as hard on Malozzi as everyone else here. Yeas, he's an inferior writer. His attempts at humor and his characterisation leave much to be desired, for the most part (the only episode written by him that I like is "Window of Opportunity"). And his sense of continuity is... well, let's not even mention it. But as far as plot and logic go, I don't think he's any worse than the rest of the Stargate writers.
                          But I see a clear difference between general show logic gaps and then episode related logic gaps. The show related ones are just part of the mythology of the show. I had this discussion with my brother awhile ago. I was complaining about how something didn't make sense in some sci-fi show (can't remember which one). He replied by saying "it's set in outer space so it's not real anyway". My argument was that the show should follow logic within the framework of that show. So yeah, this has Stargates and everyone speaking English. You have to accept that as a basic premise of the show. But that doesn't then mean you can do anything you want and just say "hey, it's sci-fi". It was at this point he called me Sheldon.

Take Irresponsible for example. It features the ancient shield device first shown in Hide and Seek. Yeah, as a concept it lacks some logic - if he can't drink then how can he breathe? But you accept that as part of the show's mythology, that ancient technology is just clever that way, etc. But then in Irresponsible, Mallozzi changed the nature of the ancient shield device so that Lucius could get dunked under water and get wet. That clearly negates what was told in Hide and Seek. To me, this was the real problem I had in logic regarding the ancient shield device.

I don't know if that made sense.

Comment

Sadly, I think the joke is on us. But at least we know it will never be made. I think maybe parts of what he said are true because he posted once before about the part where Atlantis is parked on the moon. Some of the rest, though, sounds too much like crackfic to be real.
                            Certain parts are nothing more than crack fic, indeed. When I red them I didn’t know what to do, if I should laugh or if I should cry, but cry of anger, because it is completely absurd.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                            I read it. Oh dear God do I need brain bleach for that last part. *sporks him*
                            Good idea, because I think otherwise I will not be able to erase that part from my mind.

Originally posted by Varda View Post
                            I believe there was! Just because... that many people can't be so wrong all together, huh?
                            Of course not! It was there, if not what would all of us be doing here?

Originally posted by Annelantis View Post
                            OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            Thank goodness they never got far enough if this is true. The plot is truly dreadful. I think that while there are parts I have read before the rest must be an elaborate April Fools joke because that is just bad! If it is all real then no wonder MGM shut it down!!!
                            It’s not true! It is definitely an April’s fool bad joke. He might have added some details that were once announced, but just to confuse us.

Baconbaconbaconbacon! I love this theme. Anyone who watches SGA knows that bacon is the food that makes all other foods taste good.
                            LOL
                            sigpic
                            sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

But I see a clear difference between general show logic gaps and then episode related logic gaps. The show related ones are just part of the mythology of the show. I had this discussion with my brother awhile ago. I was complaining about how something didn't make sense in some sci-fi show (can't remember which one). He replied by saying "it's set in outer space so it's not real anyway". My argument was that the show should follow logic within the framework of that show. So yeah, this has Stargates and everyone speaking English. You have to accept that as a basic premise of the show. But that doesn't then mean you can do anything you want and just say "hey, it's sci-fi". It was at this point he called me Sheldon.

Take Irresponsible for example. It features the ancient shield device first shown in Hide and Seek. Yeah, as a concept it lacks some logic - if he can't drink then how can he breathe? But you accept that as part of the show's mythology, that ancient technology is just clever that way, etc. But then in Irresponsible, Mallozzi changed the nature of the ancient shield device so that Lucius could get dunked under water and get wet. That clearly negates what was told in Hide and Seek. To me, this was the real problem I had in logic regarding the ancient shield device.

I don't know if that made sense.
                              Well Zelenka spoke in Czech once in a while.

I think i understand what you are trying to say. They created the concepts then they seem to forget about them completely on the following episodes.

There are other things that make me confused too, for example, when Ford in the Siege 3 takes the Jumper, how was he able to fly it, i mean Ford didn't have the ATA gene.

Another thing, in Submersion, why did the Wraith Queen thought that John was able to fly the Wraith ship, i mean doesn't the Queen know that only someone with Wraith DNA can actually fly it?

And i am sure there are other examples. These are only the few i can remember now.
                              sigpic
                              sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Varda View Post
                                *knocks shyly at the door*
                                Well, Happy Easter to everybody... <3

Would you mind if I join you here with Sparky appreciation?
                                Pull up a chair and stay awhile, Varda. Everybody's welcome here.
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                                X