Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Happy April Fool's Day. The only thing funnier than that post is all the people on Facebook who think it means the show is coming back for S6. OMG. *wipes a tear*
    You have no idea how hard it was for me to stop myself from telling them all how deluded they were being. Whether you think his "plot" is a good idea or not, it certainly does not mean the movie is happening or the show is coming back. I mean, come on.

Welcome to the new people!!

And drewandian, I hope you feel better soon! I'm taking a sick day myself. I've had a cold all weekend (knocked myself out with Mucinex just to be able to attend Easter Mass and family party), plus my back is unhappy for everything I did yesterday.

Edit - bacon popcorn? Eeewwww! I love bacon but that's just wrong.

Comment

How bad is the plot?
      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        You have no idea how hard it was for me to stop myself from telling them all how deluded they were being. Whether you think his "plot" is a good idea or not, it certainly does not mean the movie is happening or the show is coming back. I mean, come on.

Welcome to the new people!!

And drewandian, I hope you feel better soon! I'm taking a sick day myself. I've had a cold all weekend (knocked myself out with Mucinex just to be able to attend Easter Mass and family party), plus my back is unhappy for everything I did yesterday.

Edit - bacon popcorn? Eeewwww! I love bacon but that's just wrong.
        And this is why I never post on that group. How can so many stupid people all end up on this one FB location? They do amuse me sometimes though, especially the ones who drop in occasionally asking when the movie is coming out. I know we're a little spoiled here on GW with all the available info, but geeze. The show has been off the air how many years now, and you think there is still going to be a movie? Can you spell naive?
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Hope you all had a great Easter weekend! WonderCon was awesome, and I had lots of fun checking out all the crazy cosplay costumes, the booths in the exhibit hall, and of course, THE PANELS! Marvel was sorely missed (guess Disney decided to have them skip out this year, booo!) but there was plenty of other things to see. The highlight for me had to be Sunday's panel for Joss Whedon's adaptation of Much Ado About Nothing. Yes, you just read that right. Whedon is doing Shakespeare, and OMG, it looks EPIC! Be sure to check out the trailer here, and be prepared to watch it several times because it's just so fun!

Also, welcome to Varda and XakliaAeryn! I've seen the two of you around elsewhere on GW; glad to have you join us!

Originally posted by Brie View Post
          I just read what Mallozzi wrote on his blog about the SGA movie

Spoiler:
          and I have to say it’s pretty bad and I’m really not surprised at all that MGM didn’t green lit it. I also can’t help but wonder since the cast and most of the crew didn’t know about any of it how much was written now later just so that he can say that this is what you’re missing, in your face fans (though at least in my case making it would have been the in your face thing), well, I’m hoping for everyone’s sanity’s sake (especially Mallozzi and the other writers sake) that this was just a poor April fool’s joke because I hope that not even he could create something that sounds this bad. I know some people would be happy about it but for me it’s not really about that as much as it is about just being really poorly made creatively-vise.
          Oh dear, do I even want to know what he actually said about it? Wait, don't answer that.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          *zips in* ... Visited an Iron Age henge fort today around Dorchester. Next stops are a stone ring and a long barrow ... *zips out*
          Sounds fantastic, glad you're having fun!

ETA: Okay, so we're having a bacon-wrapped food theme for April Fools'? And I'm a bacon-wrapped filet. Hmm, I think I'd rather eat some bacon-wrapped food than be it.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
            I just read what Mallozzi wrote on his blog about the SGA movie

Spoiler:
            and I have to say it’s pretty bad and I’m really not surprised at all that MGM didn’t green lit it. I also can’t help but wonder since the cast and most of the crew didn’t know about any of it how much was written now later just so that he can say that this is what you’re missing, in your face fans (though at least in my case making it would have been the in your face thing), well, I’m hoping for everyone’s sanity’s sake (especially Mallozzi and the other writers sake) that this was just a poor April fool’s joke because I hope that not even he could create something that sounds this bad. I know some people would be happy about it but for me it’s not really about that as much as it is about just being really poorly made creatively-vise.
            Happy April Fool's Day. The only thing funnier than that post is all the people on Facebook who think it means the show is coming back for S6. OMG. *wipes a tear*
            This was really a very bad joke, not only the fact he jokes with the feelings of the fans but that plot, my gosh, it can only be a joke indeed.
            sigpic
            sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Oh, thank you all for such a warm welcome!
              I'm very glad to be here with you *__*

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
              A question for you both: what made you a fan of Sparky???
              Honestly, now I don't even remember the exact moment when I fell in love with them both (and with pairing as well ), or the reason why. It just... seemed so natural and beautiful, and I, after all, couldn't help shipping.
              Maybe it all began with episode "38 minutes" (oh, how much I wish to find out what was John going to tell Dr Weir actually!), and just went on with all that almost-shameless flirt, eyesex and so on.
              And now I can once and for all call Sparky my OTP, without any doubts. (and Elizabeth is my goddes....)
              Well... something like this, I suppose. ^_^'
              I've entered the Abyss and never returned.

sigpic

My links: Tumblr || Twitter || VK

Comment

Hi Varda, welcome to the thread!
                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Varda View Post
                  Oh, thank you all for such a warm welcome!
                  I'm very glad to be here with you *__*

Honestly, now I don't even remember the exact moment when I fell in love with them both (and with pairing as well ), or the reason why. It just... seemed so natural and beautiful, and I, after all, couldn't help shipping.
                  Maybe it all began with episode "38 minutes" (oh, how much I wish to find out what was John going to tell Dr Weir actually!), and just went on with all that almost-shameless flirt, eyesex and so on.
                  And now I can once and for all call Sparky my OTP, without any doubts. (and Elizabeth is my goddes....)
                  Same here. I kinda fell into this thread one day and never fully left.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Hope you all had a great Easter weekend! WonderCon was awesome, and I had lots of fun checking out all the crazy cosplay costumes, the booths in the exhibit hall, and of course, THE PANELS! Marvel was sorely missed (guess Disney decided to have them skip out this year, booo!) but there was plenty of other things to see. The highlight for me had to be Sunday's panel for Joss Whedon's adaptation of Much Ado About Nothing. Yes, you just read that right. Whedon is doing Shakespeare, and OMG, it looks EPIC! Be sure to check out the trailer here, and be prepared to watch it several times because it's just so fun!
                    Welcome back SK, I’ve seen some images from WonderCon and it looked like fun and I’m glad you had a good time. The Joss Whedon project sounds awesome and I’m going to have to check out that link.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                    And this is why I never post on that group. How can so many stupid people all end up on this one FB location? They do amuse me sometimes though, especially the ones who drop in occasionally asking when the movie is coming out. I know we're a little spoiled here on GW with all the available info, but geeze. The show has been off the air how many years now, and you think there is still going to be a movie? Can you spell naive?
                    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Oh dear, do I even want to know what he actually said about it? Wait, don't answer that.
                    Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                    This was really a very bad joke, not only the fact he jokes with the feelings of the fans but that plot, my gosh, it can only be a joke indeed.
                    I agree with all of you, it wasn’t very funny and it was just too weird for anyone to be able to take it serious. It really seems to have been something that he just made up in the last few days.
                    I have never paid a visit to the FB page though, and now I don’t think I will.

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                    How bad is the plot?
                    You can read it yourself on JM’s blog, there is a thread here on GW where you can read all his posts, just look at the last post posted.
                    sigpic

Comment

Where do I go to find it?

Comment

Originally posted by Varda View Post
                        I think it’s fun how most of us view Sparky the same way, shows us that there really was something there to see (even if TPTB tries to deny it).

Edit: I forgot to add that I'm also curies to know what he was going to say, my head tells me though that he probably would have said something meaningful, I’m guessing that he would have thanked her for giving him a chance when no one else really would but because he’s not a guy who likes to get all emotional he never took the chance to bring it up again…even if I wish he had, maybe if not earlier then maybe during TMC.
                        Last edited by Brie; 01 April 2013, 09:06 AM.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                          Where do I go to find it?
                          It’s in the general discussion thread here on GW; it’s not that hard to find if you just look around a bit.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                            Sadly, I think the joke is on us. But at least we know it will never be made. I think maybe parts of what he said are true because he posted once before about the part where Atlantis is parked on the moon. Some of the rest, though, sounds too much like crackfic to be real.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Just read it. Some of it wasn't as bad as I feared, most of it was much worse!

Comment

Sadly, I think the joke is on us. But at least we know it will never be made. I think maybe parts of what he said are true because he posted once before about the part where Atlantis is parked on the moon. Some of the rest, though, sounds too much like crackfic to be real.
                                I read it. Oh dear God do I need brain bleach for that last part. *sporks him*

Comment

Working...
                                X