Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annelantis View Post
    Hi guys,

Been out of the loop for a while - working and now me and the kid have a chest infection. I ave laryngitis on top of that. Today is the first day I have felt almost human enough in ages to post on anything.

Sparky-She-Demon - read the latest chapter. I will review properly but for now I just wanted to let you know another great chapter that kept my sickly spirits up.

Gateraid - you are on FIRE!!!! Fantastic comedy from you all round lately.

ShipperWriter - We haven't met on this thread but I have read lots of your Sparky Fanfic and I am a little bit awestruck. Nice to meet you.

BTW - I notice in my absence there appears to have been quite a bit of tension and... debate, shall we say. What's going on?

Now, I have a very serious question. I am up-to-date with Atlantis: Rising but where is the next episode? I am totally hooked now, though it took me a while to warm to it. Also, why can I not register with the site?

Someone - help me!!!! I may go mad if I don't get to know what is going to happen next! Esp. if/when the Sparky is going to show itself.
    Ooh, laryngitis doesn't sound good. Hope you get better soon.

Regarding Atlantis Rising, they're currently working on the next episode, though I think Southern Red has said that it's going to be a couple of months before it comes out.

What?!

I know. It's maddening, isn't it?

I don't know about registering with the site. I think I had a couple of problems with that, too, actually. I discovered Atlantis Rising last summer and registered then, but I didn't receive any e-mail notifications when a new story or chapter was posted. I also wanted to change the e-mail address that I was supposed to be receiving notifications from, but I couldn't locate an account settings page for me to do so. For me, though, it didn't matter that much a couple of months later, when I registered on GateWorld and found out that I could easily find out on this thread or the Atlantis Rising thread when there's an update. Granted, this might not be very convenient for those who aren't as active on GateWorld.
    sigpic
    Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
    View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
      I think teachers start the countdown before the kids do!!!!!
      And the parents start their own countdown when summer vacation starts... counting down to school starting up again.

Hope you feel better soon, Annelantis

Comment

Mama is good. She keeps herself well protected so babies are safe. Now when they are out and in my arms (in just over a week probably....eeeeeek) I will have to be extra careful to not drool on them or go weak in the knees.

LOL!!!

If he is like his Mom....yeah eye rolling is a skill he will make good use of. Of course he seems to be the good one. Demon girl has been the trouble one since the beginning. She likes to give the Drs and techs a hard time when they are trying to check her.
        I can't believe your time is so short. I hope you find time to drop around after the births.

Originally posted by Annelantis View Post

Now, I have a very serious question. I am up-to-date with Atlantis: Rising but where is the next episode? I am totally hooked now, though it took me a while to warm to it. Also, why can I not register with the site?

Someone - help me!!!! I may go mad if I don't get to know what is going to happen next! Esp. if/when the Sparky is going to show itself.
        Our next writer has had a family medical emergency that is delaying things. We'll let you know when it's close to being ready.

I don't know why you can't register, and I am having trouble opening the site. We were hacked a while back, so who knows what's going on. I'll pass the word along to our web experts. Thanks for letting us know.

I think teachers start the countdown before the kids do!!!!!
        I know they do.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

SR I don't think I could ever give up GW. It will have to close down first.

I know I count down every year. This year, I am already done though. WooHoo!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I'm just that easy of a mark.
            And it's fun.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            And the parents start their own countdown when summer vacation starts... counting down to school starting up again
            I am going to cherish every day of this summer vacation. At least there's no sibling getting married to throw my life out of whack like last year. Not to mention, there's no siblings left. LOL

SR I don't think I could ever give up GW. It will have to close down first.

I know I count down every year. This year, I am already done though. WooHoo!
            Nice! Hope everything stays on the upside for you!!!

Comment

If you can stand to visit Joe M's Blog, and since you just did the postathon, he's got a bunch of floor plans/set directions for the episodes Lifeline and Adrift. Including Elizabeth's office set. http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...tment-package/
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                If you can stand to visit Joe M's Blog, and since you just did the postathon, he's got a bunch of floor plans/set directions for the episodes Lifeline and Adrift. Including Elizabeth's office set. http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...tment-package/
                Interesting info! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

So this is what he has to say regarding Elizabeth's office:

Spoiler:
                    The layout didn’t really change despite the changes in command although the set dec was a little different. Whereas Elizabeth’s tastes ran to the artistic (ie. Athosian statuettes), Carter added a more personal touch in the various photos that lined the back wall. Woolsey’s office was a little more austere, but he did include a personal touch with the photo of his beloved yorkie, lost to his wife in the divorce.

There are two things that really piss me off about this comment. First, his neglect to remember (not that anyone here is surprised, right?) that Elizabeth had her own "personal touch" in her office. In addition to various artifacts, Elizabeth also kept the Athosian jar John gave her (and this counts as a personal belonging in my mind, because it was a special gift from a very good friend) and occasionally her father's silver pocket watch on her desk. Like Woolsey, she also kept a photo of her dog on her desk. By neglecting to mention all this, Mallozzi is dismissing the emotional and vulnerable human side to Elizabeth.

And I honestly don't remember how the office changed when Carter came in, but seriously, "photos that lined that back wall"?! Did Carter really just saunter in and make herself at home so soon after her predecessor was left in enemy hands?

I have nothing more to say.
                    sigpic
                    Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
                    View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

I honestly don't think any new commander "saunters in" to their new office. However, once the position (and office) is assigned to a new person, it is only reasonable that they make it their "home" - as they spend a great deal of time there. Carter's personal photos are much more personalized than say, ancient figures, artistic wall hangings, and so forth. In my mind, this reflects that Elizabeth had a wider variety of interests than either Carter or Woolsey. She was interested in many things beyond her immediate circle of family and friends. This made her very well-suited to the role of command where every situation was a first-contact with other cultures. Mallozzi does not say that she didn't have personal touches, just mentions her very obvious good taste. The decor in Carter's and Woolsey's offices show a more narrowly focused person. And in Woolsey's case - apparently all about work.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for that. Very interesting. To me the whole office decorating explanation shows that Carter is more Earth-oriented and has a lot to go home to. This makes sense because it's how a military person away from home normally decorates. Weir, OTOH, was used to dealing with various cultures and I'm sure always tried to make a personal connection. Woolsey, poor soul, was just alone in the world, no matter where he was.
                        sigpic

Comment

Let me summarize: Sam acts annoying, Rodney acts annoying, some boring Satedan stuff, bad job at masking Rachel's pregnancy, more Sam acts annoying.

Okay, so that wasn't a good first attempt at restraint.
                          Keep practicing. You still have more than a week to do it.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          Sorry for the double post, but JT-2 distracted me, and I had a brain freeze which made me forget why I came here in the first place. This is a bit off topic, not being about Sparky, but I thought everyone would appreciate this interview with Joe. He has some interesting things to say.

He really looks good here, but man do I want to take a hot iron to that green shirt,

Spoiler:
                          So there was never any intention of making an SGA movie?!!! Wow, I am not sure if I should feel surprised here or not.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities
                          Here's a question I've been wondering about a little. Do you guys have any favorite deleted scenes? Or anything from them you wish had been included in the final cut?
                          Definitely that scene from Remnants where Kolya was supposed to be mocking/insulting Sheppard about Elizabeth.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities
                          One was in Reunion, where there was a slight extension of Ronon's scene with Sam in his room. He mentions some of the paintings on his wall and how they depict scenes from Satedan history. I thought it made his culture seem just a little bit more real, rather than "Yeah this guy is from some place called Sateda."
                          No more scenes with Sam!!! But I would not mind knowing more about the Satedan culture, but i guess they would have to do it some other way.

And since this will once again get long:

Spoiler:
                          Originally posted by Simlead View Post
                          I was just wondering, at the risk of sounding stupid, what do you do in a post-a-thon? Other than post.
                          We watch the episode all together and comment / post about it, while watching the episode. It is quite fun. And in the case of season 4 we all get angry at the episodes at the same time. LOL

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
                          I honestly think that it's a shame that Atlantis is no longer running today. They had an incredible premise and were able to hire exceptionally talented actors to play lovable characters, but their ultimate downfall was the lack of good directors and producers who knew what was best for the characters they were writing for and the show they were producing for millions of fans to watch. If we had other people running the show, maybe the story would be very different today.
                          Couldn’t agree more!! That last sentence says it all!!!

Just wait until we get to Vegas. A bunch of us will be incapable of posting anything because we'll be drooling too much.
                          LOL

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                          Really? What's so good about that episode?
                          Once again i tell you, please watch the episodes and you will know, LOL.

I like Vegas because they finally admitted that Sparky was real!!! That is if you will consider the medic, he was not able to save, was Elizabeth.

But I also like Vegas because:

Spoiler:
                          *drops dead* x 4
                          sigpic
                          sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Ooooh! Thanks for the link, that's some pretty useful stuff regarding set layouts... and even the full set of Pegasus DHD glyphs! (yes, I am such a geek )

Thanks for that. Very interesting. To me the whole office decorating explanation shows that Carter is more Earth-oriented and has a lot to go home to. This makes sense because it's how a military person away from home normally decorates. Weir, OTOH, was used to dealing with various cultures and I'm sure always tried to make a personal connection. Woolsey, poor soul, was just alone in the world, no matter where he was.
                            Agreed. Curiously about Woolsey, I think we saw more of his character in the way his personal quarters were decorated in Remnants than we ever saw in the office. Wine rack of doom, anyone?
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Nice new manip Nolamom!

*snurches it!*
                              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Ooooh! Thanks for the link, that's some pretty useful stuff regarding set layouts... and even the full set of Pegasus DHD glyphs! (yes, I am such a geek )

Agreed. Curiously about Woolsey, I think we saw more of his character in the way his personal quarters were decorated in Remnants than we ever saw in the office. Wine rack of doom, anyone?
                                I was doing some more thinking about Woolsey. I think he decorated both his office and especially his quarters the way he did because of his discomfort with alien cultures. He was never secure, even on SG-1, being off-world, and that didn't change on Atlantis. He wanted to keep that little piece of Earth that he could escape to.

Oh and the SGA-R website should be working properly now. Let me know if anyone can't register still.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X