Clear All

Originally posted by scary kitty View Post
    Ohhh, i think you're gonna fit in with us just fine! :d
    lol!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Sorry for the double post, but JT-2 distracted me, and I had a brain freeze which made me forget why I came here in the first place. This is a bit off topic, not being about Sparky, but I thought everyone would appreciate this interview with Joe. He has some interesting things to say.

He really looks good here, but man do I want to take a hot iron to that green shirt,

Spoiler:
      I'd seen that interview before and loved it. I adore how forthright he is about the movie. Honestly, the whole movie thing never seemed genuine to me either. It was just one of their ways to try to justify themselves. That's also how I feel about the "we don't know how to write for Elizabeth" thing. I don't think that's the least bit true, considering they made Sam act like Elizabeth in season 4. It's just one of their excuses. Companies do this all the time.

Oh, and then when Joe talks about statistics it gets my math girl self all tingly.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Favorite deleted scenes? You mean other than that bit from Remnants where Hallucination!Kolya is taunting Sheppard about Elizabeth that got cut from the script before it was filmed?
      Yeah, that's the only one I've ever really cared about.

Comment

Sorry for the double post, but JT-2 distracted me, and I had a brain freeze which made me forget why I came here in the first place. This is a bit off topic, not being about Sparky, but I thought everyone would appreciate this interview with Joe. He has some interesting things to say.

He really looks good here, but man do I want to take a hot iron to that green shirt,

Is this interview from the time Joe, Torri, and Paul went to Marseilles? I noticed that that green shirt is the same as the one he is wearing in your avatar.

I've also seen this interview before, and it's one of my favorites with Joe Flanigan. The first time I saw it, I was really surprised when he talked about what had really been going on with the movie. I honestly couldn't believe that the directors and producers could see it fit to mislead the fans like that. They may have just wanted to attract publicity, but did they not have any sense of integrity?

My literature teacher highly values integrity in a person, her motto being, "How does one live his or her life?" and the answer being, "with integrity." She has also asked our class on countless occasions, "When do you lose your respect for someone?" and responded by saying, "You lose your respect for someone when they don't live up to who they say they are." I've deeply pondered over what she's said and realized that it's true, especially in this situation. Why are we still pissed at TPTW today, especially since it's been nearly five years since Atlantis went off the air? They made many poor decisions, but I think that we're still bitter with them because they didn't have the purest motives for the decisions they made.

I honestly think that it's a shame that Atlantis is no longer running today. They had an incredible premise and were able to hire exceptionally talented actors to play lovable characters, but their ultimate downfall was the lack of good directors and producers who knew what was best for the characters they were writing for and the show they were producing for millions of fans to watch. If we had other people running the show, maybe the story would be very different today.
        sigpic
        Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
        View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities
          Here's a question I've been wondering about a little. Do you guys have any favorite deleted scenes? Or anything from them you wish had been included in the final cut?

Some of them are obviously better off not being in the finished product, but I remember there were a couple from Season 4 that I remember liking so much I actually forgot they weren't in the episodes.

One was in Reunion, where there was a slight extension of Ronon's scene with Sam in his room. He mentions some of the paintings on his wall and how they depict scenes from Satedan history. I thought it made his culture seem just a little bit more real, rather than "Yeah this guy is from some place called Sateda."

Another I think was from Kindred, where Caldwell has a scene with Sheppard on the Daedalus where he mentions the effects of destroying the Intergalactic Gatebridge and tries to reassure him they they'll find Teyla. I thought it was a nice to see more of an example of their sort of friendship that developed over time.
          I was going to say the deleted scene from Remnants, but SK beat me to it. I don't really remember any others that I would like to see. Though I definitely remember one I would not like to see.

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
          Is this interview from the time Joe, Torri, and Paul went to Marseilles? I noticed that that green shirt is the same as the one he is wearing in your avatar.

I've also seen this interview before, and it's one of my favorites with Joe Flanigan. The first time I saw it, I was really surprised when he talked about what had really been going on with the movie. I honestly couldn't believe that the directors and producers could see it fit to mislead the fans like that. They may have just wanted to attract publicity, but did they not have any sense of integrity?

My literature teacher highly values integrity in a person, her motto being, "How does one live his or her life?" and the answer being, "with integrity." She has also asked our class on countless occasions, "When do you lose your respect for someone?" and responded by saying, "You lose your respect for someone when they don't live up to who they say they are." I've deeply pondered over what she's said and realized that it's true, especially in this situation. Why are we still pissed at TPTW today, especially since it's been nearly five years since Atlantis went off the air? They made many poor decisions, but I think that we're still bitter with them because they didn't have the purest motives for the decisions they made.

I honestly think that it's a shame that Atlantis is no longer running today. They had an incredible premise and were able to hire exceptionally talented actors to play lovable characters, but their ultimate downfall was the lack of good directors and producers who knew what was best for the characters they were writing for and the show they were producing for millions of fans to watch. If we had other people running the show, maybe the story would be very different today.
          Yes, it was from that time in Marseilles.

Your teacher is right about integrity. You're lucky to have a class with someone who looks at life that way.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Simlead View Post
            Thanks, Falcon Horus.
            Yes, welcome to our merry band, Simlead. Pull up a chair and stay awhile.
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I won't be here either, so that probably takes care of most of us. Maybe we should just skip a week.
              I wouldn't mind if we skip a week since I have no idea what's going to be going on Easter or who will be dropping bye and when.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I've been Twitter bombing "The Voice" and Seamus Dever from "Castle". And there's a possible Sparky fic brewing, but I'm not sure yet.

Good night everybody!

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                  Yes, welcome to our merry band, Simlead. Pull up a chair and stay awhile.
                  You might have difficulty getting me to leave.
                  Your Life Was Amazing Until You Met Me
                  My FF.net . My Sci-Fi Art . My Stargate RPG . Sam/Jack Made Up Episodes Project

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Why do I have a feeling some won't even be fit for posting here.
                    *sarcasm* I have no idea why...
                    Your Life Was Amazing Until You Met Me
                    My FF.net . My Sci-Fi Art . My Stargate RPG . Sam/Jack Made Up Episodes Project

Comment

Originally posted by Simlead View Post
                      *sarcasm* I have no idea why...

Comment

Creation Con just posted some new duo photo ops. I thought for a minute maybe they'd add Joe and Torri. Nope. They added Joe with Ben Browder and with David, of course.

Same old thing. Honestly, Creation should buy a vowel.

Comment

We could always bombard them with emails.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            We could always bombard them with emails.
                            I sent them an email last year asking for a Joe and Torri photo shoot, since I was actually attending. I got a "sure we'll think about that" email in response.

And hey, I get it that Joe and David will be the dual photo op that will be the most popular. But c'mon, people! They are splitting the men and women again this year like they did last year. What's up with that?

Comment

That's just ridiculous...

We should start an email campaign. I mean, a Sparky sandwich is like the most awesome photo-op ever!
                              However, I do have to admit if ever there's a chance I get to have both Rachel and Claire in one photo-op (the chances are slim to none) that would definitely trump Sparky.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                Creation Con just posted some new duo photo ops. I thought for a minute maybe they'd add Joe and Torri. Nope. They added Joe with Ben Browder and with David, of course.

Same old thing. Honestly, Creation should buy a vowel.
                                I saw that too. Now who seriously wants Joe and Ben more than Joe and Torri? Or even Ben and Amanda. Honestly, you gotta wonder if they even watched the show. I know the people we saw from Creation who were running the con I went to were fans of SGA, so maybe someone back at the home office or whatever looks at who are the bigger stars and of course, goes for the combos they think will bring in the most money. They, obviously, are wrong.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X