Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
    I'll have to get season four then. I'm only in the middle of season three.
    I think you should see all of the episodes at least once like others have said, they may not be all that great but it’s still worth a watch and besides, you miss out on a lot if you don’t.
    sigpic

Comment

Don't worry about that.
      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        do not get me started on the IOA. i have a few bones to pick with those buttheads.
        LOL -- I think we all would like to have a go at the IOA. Knock some sense into their peabrains.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          LOL -- I think we all would like to have a go at the IOA. Knock some sense into their peabrains.
          seriously. truthfully i wouldn't be surprised if the trust didn't have a few of their operatives in that organization.

Comment

Sparky 2.0

Comment

you know despite Torri not returning for GITM I actually thought Michelle Morgan did a job playing "Elizabeth"

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                you know despite Torri not returning for GITM I actually thought Michelle Morgan did a job playing "Elizabeth"
                I really enjoyed Michelle Morgan as Elizabeth 2.0 as well, but I had already taken to her gentleness as FRAN.

I was particularly impressed how she managed to immulate (sp?) the way Torri portrayed Elizabeth. She did her research well.

Comment

I think you give them too much credit, FH. Their brains were a lot smaller than peas.
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    I think you give them too much credit, FH. Their brains were a lot smaller than peas.

Comment

Wish I could give you some green for that one.

Hmmm... so is the IOA like an on screen representation of TPTW?

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                        Wish I could give you some green for that one.

That works for me.

I just remembered a line from a Star Wars novel that fits the IOA as well. When Mandalorians think a person is a fool, they say that person's brain cell is lonely.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

i mean they (Don't know if i'm talking about TPTW or the IOA maybe both) replaced Carter with Woolsey (that really irked me big time). I mean you could've picked anyone else, John (who i always thought thanks to Ellis's line in "First Strike") would be The Number One Guy to run Atlantis. Rodney would be number 2 but Really Woolsey? that man was the least qualified person to run atlantis.

Comment

Just touching on the 'blame' issue that has sprung up - IMO, they're all blameless. You can't fault them for "what ifs?". Nobody can see the future, especially people in that sort of situation.

Sam described her job to McKay along the lines of "it's my job to present the options, not to decide whether to act on them". That's all he did here. He was having a snoop while he had a bit of free time and stumbled upon that code and rightfully brought it to everyone's attention. There was no way to know that the wraith had deactivated it because they were killing their food source as will as the farmers - the ancients deleted all record of the asurans (helpful, weren't they?) - and it's not like that would have been a forseeable occurence because it wasn't a specifically written command, merely their interpretation of one.

Elizabeth was all for this plan, even trying to go over John's head to push for it. I say over his head because she would not have been in charge of the mission, and it's unlikely she was still in charge of the expedition at that point either, given that she'd been compromised. John agreed, and at the time they decided to do it, it looked like they had time to do it, safely. Things changed.

I also don't agree that Elizabeth was in a desperate situation at that point and considered her life pre-lost. I know in the Lifeline commentary they talk about how the change in Weir's character was that when John and Ronon left the jumper, she was already going over different scenarios in her head (such as the direct physical link), but that's no different to what John or Rodney would have done anyway. There are other avenues she could have explored that would have absolutely resulted in her death and would have given the team a better chance of escape (such as blowing something critical up) instead of doing something that involved her staying alive, and right on their path back to the jumper. Had it been 'just oberoth' in the corridor (waaaaait a minute - if they were all frozen, where did those other ones come from??) escape would have been relatively easy.

Anyway, the point that i somehow lost was that you can't hold people responsible for unforseeable events, else they never make any decisions or take any risks
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              *snort*

When Mandalorians think a person is a fool, they say that person's brain cell is lonely.
                              Yes, this... exactly!

Comment

Forgot to say with respect to the opening credits, there's no reason they couldn't just have had their normal ones, then added AT in at the end, as in "with/and Amanda Tapping". At least it wouldn't have been such an obvious insert
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X