X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    What happened at the last party?

*iz curious now*
    - Goa'uld crashed the party. And they had exploding green pastries that took forever to clean off the ceiling, and the gate. There was way too much green glitter.
    - That wasn't my fault. I don't even know how they found out about it in the first place.
    sigpic
    Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
      - Goa'uld crashed the party. And they had exploding green pastries that took forever to clean off the ceiling, and the gate. There was way too much green glitter.
      - That wasn't my fault. I don't even know how they found out about it in the first place.
      Celebrating St. Patrick's Day early I see.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Celebrating St. Patrick's Day early I see.
          Ba'al always did like to party.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Oh yum. My mouth is watering. Sausage and gravy over biscuits. Blackeyed peas and hog jowls. Chicken and dumplings. Fried green tomatoes. OMG, somebody stop me. This low carb diet will be the death of me. One more week to go and 8 lbs. down so far this year.
            I LOVE sausage and gravy over biscuits. My dad's chicken and dumplings are the best, especially after shoveling snow.
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Hey, don't knock hog jowls if you haven't tried them. You gotta do something with that head you cut off the hog. Oh, and I forgot pickled pig's feet. Even I couldn't manage those. I'm picturing a scene where Teyla and Ronon are explaining to John and Rodney just what they are eating and how the Athosians use every part of the animal. ROTFLMAO!
              Haven't tried them yet but I'm tempted. I watch Bizarre Foods on the Travel Channel so much I'm becoming a real snout to tail guy. Although, I have an easier time eating odds bits in scrapple.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Ba'al always did like to party.
                - He does. But I don't think he blew up any pastries on purpose.
                - Don't ever let Apophis find out about your parties.
                - Camulus likes to drink ask the ladies if they have any Irish in them.
                Last edited by Morgania; 15 March 2013, 08:33 PM.
                sigpic
                Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Hey, don't knock hog jowls if you haven't tried them. You gotta do something with that head you cut off the hog. Oh, and I forgot pickled pig's feet. Even I couldn't manage those. I'm picturing a scene where Teyla and Ronon are explaining to John and Rodney just what they are eating and how the Athosians use every part of the animal. ROTFLMAO!
                  What a very interesting conversation about regional foods today... I feel enlightened.

RL story:
                  Spoiler:
                  A couple of days ago, my parents brought home some leftover Chinese din sum they had for lunch and served it during dinner. (By the way, I should say what ethnicity I am: I am American-born Chinese. I was born here in the United States, but my parents are from Taiwan.) My brothers (I have two, both younger) and I asked them what it was, and my mom said, "We'll tell you after you eat." Now, I don't consider myself an extremely picky eater, but I've come to be suspicious of what's on the dining table when my mom says something like that. One of my brothers, the older one (let's call him Bro 1), and I were warily eyeing the carton's contents, not really wanting to know what it was. Of course, my other brother, the younger one (let's call him Bro 2), was naturally curious and just had to make trouble, and he started badgering my mom and dad with questions about what was in the carton.

At first, he was only able to wheedle from them about how it was from a pig. Then my mom reached over and tugged his ear. "Pig ear?" he asked. Bro 1 and I exchanged a queasy look. "Can you stop asking your questions?" I asked. "I've lost my appetite." Bro 2 ignored me. Apparently, he wasn't afraid of trying new foods and was eager to find out what was on the table. He pointed to something else in the carton and asked what part of a pig it was. "Mouth?" "Not exactly," my mom replied. He thought for a moment. "Pig tongue?" That's when Bro 1 and I set our chopsticks down and left the table. Bro 2 dug right in.

So, even though I'm Asian, my food preferences are certainly not 100% Asian. Granted, this particular episode was pretty abnormal - my mom usually doesn't buy dishes like that (and as you can see, for good reason). But even then, there are many American-style foods that I enjoy eating over Chinese foods. I love freshly tossed salads; for one, they're healthier than cooked vegetables. And bakery goods. Omigosh, I love bread and pastries and cinnamon rolls... I still love my mom's Chinese cooking, though. My brothers and I love her chicken curry, Chinese hot pot, and homemade sushi.

Oh, and something else that happened today: my dad recently decided to quit a new job he took on about four months ago after finding a better position somewhere else, and today was his last day at work. He came home with this large, gift-wrapped basket from his boss containing all sorts of goods. Some of it was pretty proper for the occasion, such as Ghirardelli chocolate and wine. Others, not so much. I wasn't sure if I should be more weirded out by the napkins or the hot sauce.

Anyway, that's a bit about me and my life.
                  sigpic
                  Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
                  View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Food i Have tried.

Spoiler:
                    I have tried many things in my short *mumbles* 23 years. I have had Linguiça, ostrich, Venison (which is really good when you turn the meat into sausage patties for breakfast), Buffalo and i gotta tell you some of this is actually pretty damn good. but i think i have a stomach made of scrap iron.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                      Haven't tried them yet but I'm tempted. I watch Bizarre Foods on the Travel Channel so much I'm becoming a real snout to tail guy. Although, I have an easier time eating odds bits in scrapple.
                      You really are brave. I don't particularly like scrapple. I remember my grandmother making it, but I usually left it alone. Something else I can't abide is tripe and sweetbreads. No, nuh uh.

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
                      What a very interesting conversation about regional foods today... I feel enlightened.

RL story:
                      Spoiler:
                      A couple of days ago, my parents brought home some leftover Chinese din sum they had for lunch and served it during dinner. (By the way, I should say what ethnicity I am: I am American-born Chinese. I was born here in the United States, but my parents are from Taiwan.) My brothers (I have two, both younger) and I asked them what it was, and my mom said, "We'll tell you after you eat." Now, I don't consider myself an extremely picky eater, but I've come to be suspicious of what's on the dining table when my mom says something like that. One of my brothers, the older one (let's call him Bro 1), and I were warily eyeing the carton's contents, not really wanting to know what it was. Of course, my other brother, the younger one (let's call him Bro 2), was naturally curious and just had to make trouble, and he started badgering my mom and dad with questions about what was in the carton.

At first, he was only able to wheedle from them about how it was from a pig. Then my mom reached over and tugged his ear. "Pig ear?" he asked. Bro 1 and I exchanged a queasy look. "Can you stop asking your questions?" I asked. "I've lost my appetite." Bro 2 ignored me. Apparently, he wasn't afraid of trying new foods and was eager to find out what was on the table. He pointed to something else in the carton and asked what part of a pig it was. "Mouth?" "Not exactly," my mom replied. He thought for a moment. "Pig tongue?" That's when Bro 1 and I set our chopsticks down and left the table. Bro 2 dug right in.

So, even though I'm Asian, my food preferences are certainly not 100% Asian. Granted, this particular episode was pretty abnormal - my mom usually doesn't buy dishes like that (and as you can see, for good reason). But even then, there are many American-style foods that I enjoy eating over Chinese foods. I love freshly tossed salads; for one, they're healthier than cooked vegetables. And bakery goods. Omigosh, I love bread and pastries and cinnamon rolls... I still love my mom's Chinese cooking, though. My brothers and I love her chicken curry, Chinese hot pot, and homemade sushi.

Oh, and something else that happened today: my dad recently decided to quit a new job he took on about four months ago after finding a better position somewhere else, and today was his last day at work. He came home with this large, gift-wrapped basket from his boss containing all sorts of goods. Some of it was pretty proper for the occasion, such as Ghirardelli chocolate and wine. Others, not so much. I wasn't sure if I should be more weirded out by the napkins or the hot sauce.

Anyway, that's a bit about me and my life.
                      Cute story, it sounds like your parents have a great sense of humor.

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      Food i Have tried.

Spoiler:
                      I have tried many things in my short *mumbles* 23 years. I have had Linguiça, ostrich, Venison (which is really good when you turn the meat into sausage patties for breakfast), Buffalo and i gotta tell you some of this is actually pretty damn good. but i think i have a stomach made of scrap iron.
                      I don't know what Linguica is, but I've had all the others and enjoyed them. I also had reindeer sausage in Alaska and have eaten goat. Buffalo is a very lean meat and makes a really good burger.
                      sigpic

Comment

venison sausage is a favorite in our house. Bison is good, but can be too lean. Rabbit is yummy as is snake. As a kid, we used to have squirrel and armadillo. Elsewhere we were talking about how much we enjoyed escargot and frog's legs. Nothing is really weird if you have the right mind-set and it's properly prepared.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          venison sausage is a favorite in our house. Bison is good, but can be too lean. Rabbit is yummy as is snake. As a kid, we used to have squirrel and armadillo. Elsewhere we were talking about how much we enjoyed escargot and frog's legs. Nothing is really weird if you have the right mind-set and it's properly prepared.
                          Ah! *runs away from Nola, as I am one of David Hewlett's Squirrels from dGeek*
                          I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
                          traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            Oh yeah, I forgot squirrel. As a kid my dad and uncle went squirrel hunting and we would cook 'em up when they got home. The squirrels, not my dad and uncle. *snicker* Tasty.
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

I don't know what Linguica is, but I've had all the others and enjoyed them. I also had reindeer sausage in Alaska and have eaten goat. Buffalo is a very lean meat and makes a really good burger.
                              I've had linguica, it's just a smoky-spicy pork sausage originally from Portugal. Emeril uses it a lot in his cooking. I've also had rabbit. Does that count?
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

sigpic
                                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Working...
                                X