Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    *hugs you*

Yeah, I can see Caldwell having a much gentler, more regretful approach to Weir. They'd been through a lot together (much like Weir and Sheppard, in fact), and I think Caldwell had come to respect and care about her personally; I vaguely recall reading some comment from Pileggi about wanting to delve into Caldwell's reaction and feelings about Weir's "demise" in Season 4, after they had built up their working relationship the previous couple of years. Or something like that.
    *Hugs back*

I think you just gave me a plot bunny. I'll have to see if my muse has decided to reappear or not.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
      "Welcome Home John."

Spoiler:
      "Welcome home, John."

Those words echoed through my mind as I stood on the deck of the Daedalus, staring aimlessly at the beautiful planet I had worked so hard to save.

But at what cost?

Was I truly home? I was trained to be a soldier. The soldier the air force wanted me to be. But here I was, coping with the reality of a defeat I couldn't avoid.

"Welcome home, John."

Home. I was at home on the battlefield. Facing off against the wraith or genii spies; whatever threatened humanity. That was my duty. Duty was all I had ever known; the duty to serve and protect humanity, whatever the cost.

And she was there beside me, the through thick and thin, the whole way. Sure there were others; Lorne, Teyla, Ronon, Rodney, but she was the only person I had ever truly had.

Person. Some would argue over the use of that word. But she was nothing less. especially when Rodney reactivated the replicator Nanites inside of her. She made me promise one thing: to never treat her any different than any other member of the expedition. I kept that promise. I shouldn't have kept it. she was different. she always was. She was human, in every sense of the word. More than I could ever be.

"Welcome home, John."

I had saved the human race; twice now, in fact. But for all that work, I failed to save the only person who truly mattered. The only person who truly cared about me; who viewed me as more than a soldier. The only person I cared about.

And so I go back to that same question over and over again. Am I truly home?

No. I'm farther from home than I'd ever been. Home is where the heart is, they say. Home. . . is with Elizabeth.

this is my second one shot i did for J/E. it could be placed after Enemy at the Gate.
      Nice one!! I can almost see that going through John's head while they're all standing on the balcony at the end.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        *Hugs back*

I think you just gave me a plot bunny. I'll have to see if my muse has decided to reappear or not.
        Awesomesauce! *tempts the bunnies with carrots*

But then, I've always been an enabler.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
          Nice one!! I can almost see that going through John's head while they're all standing on the balcony at the end.
          yeah... john probably wasn't happy.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
              This may be the best post you've ever done
              Thanks.

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
              Carter probably didn’t reach out that much to the expedition (or the audience for that matter), because most of times she wasn’t even there. And i also think the writers in a way realized that, i mean if not why did they feel the need of having Teal’C say (“with words”) how everyone in Atlantis seemed to have embraced her as their new leader or something like that. It reminded me of season one when we always had Bates telling us about the “personal” feelings John had for Teyla, am i making any sense here? When something isn’t there, it needs to be “said”.
              OMG, don't get me started on that scene. Just don't. Out of all of the scenes that I hate, from John and Rodney welcoming Carter to Atlantis to Carter joining the team at the table in "Doppelganger" to John disobeying Carter to rescue Teyla (noticing a pattern here?), this one just pisses me off the most. I'm probably more vehement about this particular scene than all the other ones listed because when I first watched that episode, I wasn't even involved in fandom yet, but I was able to discern for myself just how forced that scene looked. Elizabeth was in Atlantis for three years, and a scene like that was never needed for her, because she simply belonged in Atlantis. I’ll bet that the writers felt the need to actually say it out loud for Carter because Amanda Tapping was leaving, and they wanted the viewers to be aware of how much Carter had done in Atlantis and how she had fit in her role there. They couldn’t have been more wrong.

“When something isn’t there, it needs to be “said.” I can’t agree more with this quote, Pearl, especially in this situation.

Originally posted by Brie View Post
              I think most if not all of us have something (or a lot of things we wouldn’t mind changing but for me the first one would have been to never have had them make contact with earth in the first place, and not just because I feel that everything went wrong after they made contact with earth again but it does have more to do with one of the things I liked the most about season 1 and that is that they at that point everything was really new but also that whenever they headed off-world it was also more about finding allies to help with food and their survival but also allies willing to stand by their sides if it would ever come to that but once they made contact with earth it was all about finding weapons that earth could use and I dunno, it’s hard to explain but hopefully that makes at least a little sense. They also would have been more careful with people dying, especially in pointless ways. The only thing I would have missed with that storyline would have been Lorne.
              I’m probably one of the few here who actually liked how Atlantis was able to make contact with Earth after Season 1. I personally liked how this diminished Atlantis' self-reliance in order to survive in another galaxy. Season 1 was all about the introduction of the Wraith as an enemy, and while this was an excellent arc for the first season in a new series, I think that plots merely revolving around the concept of survival would soon tire out easily. I honestly find it hard to believe that Atlantis could have survived long by itself without Earth intervening, so I thought that having Atlantis being able to communicate with Earth again was a wise decision to make.

I also liked how this meant how in addition to fighting new enemies, Atlantis now also had to deal with its superiors back on Earth. Atlantis now couldn't just do as it pleased, because it seemed that no matter what the circumstances, the SGC and IOA also had something to say. Atlantis was essentially fighting a two-front war both in Pegasus and through communication lines back to Earth, and the team had to take the criticism and disparagement from the SGC and IOA without being able to do anything about it. In a way, this united the expedition more than if Atlantis had just been left alone, and if you think about it, we got some very good (Sparky) scenes from just this concept alone. John sticking up for Elizabeth when Colonel Everett arrived in Atlantis and took control of the city in "The Siege, Part 2" and the honor scene in "Misbegotten" are just two examples.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Oh, I agree with you from the writers' standpoint. I think that's what they were trying to show, but the shippy connection came from the fans. Gero and his weird candlelight dinner scene confused everybody and set the fans up to expect something they never delivered on. That was very cruel. I can't imagine what the casual fans thought.
              Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              I think a general 'WTF?' probably covers it.
              Yes, you hit the nail on the head.
              Last edited by Sequoia Hope; 14 March 2013, 08:01 PM.
              sigpic
              Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
              View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                "Welcome Home John."

Spoiler:
                "Welcome home, John."

Those words echoed through my mind as I stood on the deck of the Daedalus, staring aimlessly at the beautiful planet I had worked so hard to save.

But at what cost?

Was I truly home? I was trained to be a soldier. The soldier the air force wanted me to be. But here I was, coping with the reality of a defeat I couldn't avoid.

"Welcome home, John."

Home. I was at home on the battlefield. Facing off against the wraith or genii spies; whatever threatened humanity. That was my duty. Duty was all I had ever known; the duty to serve and protect humanity, whatever the cost.

And she was there beside me, the through thick and thin, the whole way. Sure there were others; Lorne, Teyla, Ronon, Rodney, but she was the only person I had ever truly had.

Person. Some would argue over the use of that word. But she was nothing less. especially when Rodney reactivated the replicator Nanites inside of her. She made me promise one thing: to never treat her any different than any other member of the expedition. I kept that promise. I shouldn't have kept it. she was different. she always was. She was human, in every sense of the word. More than I could ever be.

"Welcome home, John."

I had saved the human race; twice now, in fact. But for all that work, I failed to save the only person who truly mattered. The only person who truly cared about me; who viewed me as more than a soldier. The only person I cared about.

And so I go back to that same question over and over again. Am I truly home?

No. I'm farther from home than I'd ever been. Home is where the heart is, they say. Home. . . is with Elizabeth.

this is my second one shot i did for J/E. it could be placed after Enemy at the Gate.
                Wow, that was deep. I liked it.

That scene was in The Brotherhood when they were sitting around the table looking through all the books. It didn't sound like it was intended to be shippy but amusing.
                Thank you for the info. I had an idea that it might have been on that episode, it suited with what happened in one of the scenes of this episode. So maybe we found the purpose for the scene of S&R.

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
                OMG, don't get me started on that scene. Just don't. Out of all of the scenes that I hate, from John and Rodney welcoming Carter to Atlantis to Carter joining the team at the table in "Doppelganger" to John disobeying Carter to rescue Teyla (noticing a pattern here?), this one just pisses me off the most. I'm probably more vehement about this particular scene than all the other ones listed because when I first watched that episode, I wasn't even involved in fandom yet,but I was able to discern for myself just how forced that scene looked. Elizabeth was in Atlantis for three years, and a scene like that was never needed for her, because she simply belonged in Atlantis.
                Everyone can see how forced that scene was, like if they were trying to tell us that we definitely had to accept her as the new leader just like the expedition “did”.

I’ll bet that the writers felt the need to actually say it out loud for Carter because Amanda Tapping was leaving, and they wanted the viewers to be aware of how much Carter had done in Atlantis and how she had fit in her role there. They couldn’t have been more wrong.
                What exactly did Carter do for Atlantis or for anyone in Atlantis? I mean half the time she wasn’t even there.

John sticking up for Elizabeth when Colonel Everett arrived in Atlantis and took control of the city in "The Siege, Part 2" and the honor scene in "Misbegotten" are just two examples.
                Two of my main favourite Sparky moments!!!!
                sigpic
                sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

What exactly did Carter do for Atlantis or for anyone in Atlantis? I mean half the time she wasn’t even there.
                  The one thing I can remember of the top of my head at the moment - she fixed the DG crystal issue.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    The one thing I can remember of the top of my head at the moment - she fixed the DG crystal issue.
                    Would you mind refreshing my memory, i don't remember that, in which episode?
                    sigpic
                    sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Would you mind refreshing my memory, i don't remember that, in which episode?
                      DG = Doppelganger
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday! I love seeing the thread so active...happy days are here again!

OMG, don't get me started on that scene. Just don't. Out of all of the scenes that I hate, from John and Rodney welcoming Carter to Atlantis to Carter joining the team at the table in "Doppelganger" to John disobeying Carter to rescue Teyla (noticing a pattern here?), this one just pisses me off the most. I'm probably more vehement about this particular scene than all the other ones listed because when I first watched that episode, I wasn't even involved in fandom yet, but I was able to discern for myself just how forced that scene looked. Elizabeth was in Atlantis for three years, and a scene like that was never needed for her, because she simply belonged in Atlantis. I’ll bet that the writers felt the need to actually say it out loud for Carter because Amanda Tapping was leaving, and they wanted the viewers to be aware of how much Carter had done in Atlantis and how she had fit in her role there. They couldn’t have been more wrong.

“When something isn’t there, it needs to be “said.” I can’t agree more with this quote, Pearl, especially in this situation.
                        Well said. To me, Carter felt like she'd been shoehorned into those scenes as an afterthought, a "let's stick her in there just for the sake of sticking her in there so we can show her off" kind of thing. As you said, it felt very forced. But similar scenes with Elizabeth just felt natural by comparison. Like with all of our favorite Sparky moments, I think the difference lies in the chemistry of the cast and not trying to "show" us what they want us to see.

I’m probably one of the few here who actually liked how Atlantis was able to make contact with Earth after Season 1. I personally liked how this diminished Atlantis' self-reliance in order to survive in another galaxy. Season 1 was all about the introduction of the Wraith as an enemy, and while this was an excellent arc for the first season in a new series, I think that plots merely revolving around the concept of survival would soon tire out easily. I honestly find it hard to believe that Atlantis could have survived long by itself without Earth intervening, so I thought that having Atlantis being able to communicate with Earth again was a wise decision to make.

I also liked how this meant how in addition to fighting new enemies, Atlantis now also had to deal with its superiors back on Earth. Atlantis now couldn't just do as it pleased, because it seemed that no matter what the circumstances, the SGC and IOA also had something to say. Atlantis was essentially fighting a two-front war both in Pegasus and through communication lines back to Earth, and the team had to take the criticism and disparagement from the SGC and IOA without being able to do anything about it. In a way, this united the expedition more than if Atlantis had just been left alone, and if you think about it, we got some very good (Sparky) scenes from just this concept alone. John sticking up for Elizabeth when Colonel Everett arrived in Atlantis and took control of the city in "The Siege, Part 2" and the honor scene in "Misbegotten" are just two examples.
                        Well, I think what a lot of us feel in regards to Atlantis reconnecting with Earth is not that it was a bad thing, just that it happened a little too soon. Apparently, Season 1 was the only season that had been extensively planned out ahead of time by TPTW, and they really didn't know where they were going to go with any future seasons, which in turn led to them getting together at the beginning of each season to parcel out the stories they were going to do but not always thinking ahead to how those stories might affect subsequent seasons. Some fans have pointed at Season 2 in particular for being rather disjointed because of this lack of planning, even though we did get some great individual episodes.

The "Atlantis vs. Earth" conflict that started simmering in Season 2 was something I always relished, I just wish they had actually done something with it instead of leaving it to languish and only bringing it out for individual episodes. Having an ongoing storyline with this conflict at its core would've been fantastic.

Exactly. In retrospect, it seems clear that AT being away a lot doing the SG-1 movies and Sanctuary really hurt the effort to try to sell Carter as the new leader. They might as well have just kept Torri on the cast and Elizabeth on Atlantis; at least she was available more. *shrugs*
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Closet math geek John feels the need to tell everyone that today is Pi day. It's 3/14. The first 3 numbers in Pi are 3.14.

Go celebrate.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                            Closet math geek John feels the need to tell everyone that today is Pi day. It's 3/14. The first 3 numbers in Pi are 3.14.

Go celebrate.
                            Who wants to bet John can recite more decimal places in Pi than Rodney?

And I hate you for making me think of pie while I'm on a low carb diet. Plus working on my recipe book does not help. Self torture is not my idea of fun. Taking a green tea break now.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Who wants to bet John can recite more decimal places in Pi than Rodney?

And I hate you for making me think of pie while I'm on a low carb diet. Plus working on my recipe book does not help. Self torture is not my idea of fun. Taking a green tea break now.

*hair flip*

Comment

Working...
                                X