Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
    i think you guys are putting too much stock into that red shirt phenomenon.
    But there is some truth to it nonetheless...
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      But there is some truth to it nonetheless...
      And don't forget the "doctor" curse. LOL

The red shirt thing has grown so huge all across SciFi that now I think writers tend to throw it in as a nudge to Trek. I don't remember the colors from other shows, but they seem to have copied the colors to some extent of Generations onward. Science was always blue, but for some reason command changed from gold to red. I'm sure the various Wikis explain it all.

I need to go and add a new pet peeve to the Fanfic Pet Peeves thread. And that is when writers have Elizabeth wearing red all the time because it's her favorite color. I want to say something rude and tell them that the color was chosen for her, and it's proven in Sunday and several other episodes when she's in her own clothes, that she wears many colors.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        That puts the whole of the civilian side of Atlantis at risk...

Comment

Oh no, I'm wearing red today!

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            You better be careful then!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

The red shirt thing has grown so huge all across SciFi that now I think writers tend to throw it in as a nudge to Trek. I don't remember the colors from other shows, but they seem to have copied the colors to some extent of Generations onward. Science was always blue, but for some reason command changed from gold to red. I'm sure the various Wikis explain it all.

I need to go and add a new pet peeve to the Fanfic Pet Peeves thread. And that is when writers have Elizabeth wearing red all the time because it's her favorite color. I want to say something rude and tell them that the color was chosen for her, and it's proven in Sunday and several other episodes when she's in her own clothes, that she wears many colors.
              Ugh, I hate stories that do that. C'mon folks, this ain't Power Rangers where everyone wears color-coded outfits all the time.

That puts the whole of the civilian side of Atlantis at risk...
              Oh dear...

Whoops! Quick, put on some black to counteract it, it's the military color. Shep will protect you!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Whoops! Quick, put on some black to counteract it, it's the military color. Shep will protect you!
                I'm at work so the only additional clothing I can wear is a blue sweatshirt. Blue is medical, right?

Oh crap.

EDIT - no, blue is science? White or yellow is medical? I'm having a brain fart.

Comment

I'm at work so the only additional clothing I can wear is a blue sweatshirt. Blue is medical, right?

Oh crap.
                  Yellow is medical actually. I don't know what blue is.
                  sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Totally random comment. I ordered some clothes online and got them in yesterday. One shirt was labeled as "pink carnation". What they actually meant was Pepto Bismal pink.

It's getting returned.

Comment

Uh oh, I have on red socks.

Oh crap.

EDIT - no, blue is science? White or yellow is medical? I'm having a brain fart.
                      I'm trying not to picture you sitting at your desk at work wearing nothing but a blue sweatshirt.

Totally random comment. I ordered some clothes online and got them in yesterday. One shirt was labeled as "pink carnation". What they actually meant was Pepto Bismal pink.

It's getting returned.
                      Sounds like the "brick red" couch pillows I ordered that turned out to be orange. I wish there was a way to get true colors online.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I'm trying not to picture you sitting at your desk at work wearing nothing but a blue sweatshirt.
                        I don't want to traumatize my entire unit, so I'll refrain from that.

Sounds like the "brick red" couch pillows I ordered that turned out to be orange. I wish there was a way to get true colors online.

Comment

Blue is science - Rodney wears blue panels.
                          Yellow is medical - see Carson's uniform and Keller's.
                          Green is engineering I think - see Chuck's
                          Black is military (Lorne).

And that's all I can remember right now.

Comment

Blue is science - Rodney wears blue panels.
                            Yellow is medical - see Carson's uniform and Keller's.
                            Green is engineering I think - see Chuck's
                            Black is military (Lorne).

And that's all I can remember right now.
                            Gracias, senorita.

Comment

*runs in screaming uncontrollably about the new Iron Man 3 trailer*

That was random, wasn't it?

*runs out, screaming some more*
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                *runs in screaming uncontrollably about the new Iron Man 3 trailer*

That was random, wasn't it?

*runs out, screaming some more*
                                extremely. i forget did we figured out who would be the atlantis's version of Tony Stark? would it be Rodney?

Comment

Working...
                                X