Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
    Did you notice how John was fixing his shirt!!!!?
    I went back and looked and I did see that, haha, who knows what he they were up to before they entered the gym.
    sigpic

Comment

See you all later.
      sigpic
      sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
        I went back and looked and I did see that, haha, who knows what he they were up to before they entered the gym.
        Yeah!!!!
        sigpic
        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

I'll try to be back... and also just realized that I have actually never seen the finished version of Adrift. I have the leaked unfinished version - don't quite know if I have the finished version as well.

I don't own season 4 or 5 on DVD.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Sparky ending. I had forgotten this one. Why isn't he sitting on the desk? At least he's using his quiet Lizzeh voice.
            I had completely forgotten about it as well but happy it was there.
            Who knows, maybe he didn’t sit down because he knew what she was feeling and had decided to try and get her out of her office to find a way to help cheer her up or at least to keep her mind of it and think of something else.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              I'll try to be back... and also just realized that I have actually never seen the finished version of Adrift. I have the leaked unfinished version - don't quite know if I have the finished version as well.

Oooh, may have to remedy that. Somehow...
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

There’s an unfinished version of it, I didn’t know that, well, then you have to see it and tell us if there is any differences.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                  There’s an unfinished version of it, I didn’t know that, well, then you have to see it and tell us if there is any differences.
                  It doesn't have all the special effects, and sounds added yet. It's pretty cool actually. And there's I think still a time stamp on it.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Whoops! There goes Team Red Shirt!
                      I've heard the term "red shirt" so many times and haven't been able to figure out yet what it means. Someone fill me in here?

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      S-minus 30 minutes to Vengeance!

Not necessarily. In fact, that initial exchange between Keller and Weir in First Strike appears to imply that Keller's been there for quite a while. I'm gonna bold a few key lines:

It's clear that Keller's been in charge for several weeks at least since the events of Sunday. Keller's comments about being the ACTING Head of Medicine and that "someone had to step up and take over" also make it clear that she was working in Atlantis long before the events of Sunday, as this was an in-house field promotion of an individual with experience and tenure. While we never found out exactly when she started working in the city, Ronon makes a comment to Keller in Season 4's Quarantine about his recollection of her arrival, which means she obviously did not show up until after he did in Season 2's Runner, and thus we do know she wasn't part of the original expedition team in Season 1.

Basically, it seems that Keller is probably supposed to have been in Atlantis for at least a year or so prior to FS, we just hadn't seen her until FS. Like I said during the Sunday post-a-thon, bad planning on TPTW's part; they could at least have had Keller show up as the lone doc on duty in the Infirmary that Carson relieved when everyone else bailed on his fishing trip plans.

The moral of the story: Always do your research.

Now, getting back to the original question, did Keller know Sheppard cared about Weir?

If the theory about Keller having been in Atlantis for months/a year before FS is correct, then yes, I think she would've noticed their close friendship. Whether she thought there might have been more there is debatable, but then, so much of the Sparky moments can just as easily be interpreted as a very close friendship as they can with romantic feelings.

Ah, I see. And ditto on your comment about Elizabeth's father's pocket watch from a while back. It's been a while since I've watched these episodes, and some, I've watched more times than others.

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                      Keller probably started working in Atlantis after “The Progeny”, because in “This Mortal Coil”, Rodney says something to Replicator Keller that a year ago Carson was the head of medicine and that Keller hadn’t arrived yet to Atlantis. And I agree Keller should have been the lone doctor on duty on Sunday episode.
                      Ooh, good recollection! Reinforcing my head canon now.

Was Jennifer supposed to be the lone doctor on duty in "Sunday"? Either that, or Doctor Cole should have been the one to replace Carson. I vaguely remember reading something about how Doctor Cole was supposed to replace Carson, but it didn't work out due to some scheduling issues, so they brought in Jewel. I can't seem to find that article, though.
                      sigpic
                      Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
                      View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
                        I've heard the term "red shirt" so many times and haven't been able to figure out yet what it means. Someone fill me in here?
                        You can thank the Star Trek franchise for the term -> Red Shirt explained!

Was Jennifer supposed to be the lone doctor on duty in "Sunday"? Either that, or Doctor Cole should have been the one to replace Carson. I vaguely remember reading something about how Doctor Cole was supposed to replace Carson, but it didn't work out due to some scheduling issues, so they brought in Jewel. I can't seem to find that article, though.
                        I'm doubting this very much since TPTW were addement on bringing Jewel back after her stint as Ellia in Instinct.

Comment

You can thank the Star Trek franchise for the term -> Red Shirt explained!
                          Oh, thanks!

Sad how Elizabeth always wore a red shirt... Coincidence?
                          sigpic
                          Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
                          View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Sad how Elizabeth always wore a red shirt... Coincidence?
                            She was doomed from the start. However, Teyla also wore red panels on her jacket.

Anyhow, once a character earns a place in my favorites list they are doomed to disappear, die or pushed into the background. So, Teyla, Kate and Elizabeth really never stood a chance anyway.

Comment

Good evening, Sparkies, and Happy Canon Monday! We're BACK, AHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

She was doomed from the start. However, Teyla also wore red panels on her jacket.

Anyhow, once a character earns a place in my favorites list they are doomed to disappear, die or pushed into the background. So, Teyla, Kate and Elizabeth really never stood a chance anyway.
                              Peter Grodin wore that red jumpsuit in The Siege Part 1.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

i think you guys are putting too much stock into that red shirt phenomenon.

Comment

Working...
                                X