No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S-minus 2 hours and 35 minutes until Vengeance!

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
    I'm glad you all enjoyed the little ficlet...I think I am going to have to turn it into something more.

Nolamom that is SOOO cute!

I should be able to make it for the postathon today....it's a Dad weekend for the boys, I got the wireless thing working on my laptop and I have a couch in my living room (finally)!!!! woo hooo!!!!!!!!
    Whoo hoo! I'll bring the popcorn!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    If all goes well, I could be here too... depending on how my evening progresses of course.
    Yay, I hope you can be here!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Thank you for the animated gifs from Adrift. I wonder how many people can still doubt about his feelings for Elizabeth after seeing these scenes. Do you think that Dr. Keller was able to understand what was going on?

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Vegas fic: This one is rated "mild R". Not sure if that's ok. "and I will sin no more" by Anuna
      I red this one before, it was one of the two I mentioned, I found it absolutely amazing!

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      So cute!
      sigpic
      sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
        Thank you for the animated gifs from Adrift. I wonder how many people can still doubt about his feelings for Elizabeth after seeing these scenes. Do you think that Dr. Keller was able to understand what was going on?
        I especially love that last cut, when the camera suddenly pans in to John's face.

I think I would answer yes to your question if you're asking if Jennifer could see John's devastation and grief. As a medical doctor, she would have been able to perceive those emotions when she broke out the news to John. However, in regards to if she saw Sparky!, I don't think so. "Adrift" was only her second episode, and she hadn't gotten to know neither John nor Elizabeth very well yet, not to mention the rest of the team. In fact, I think the only time she talked to Elizabeth was in the beginning of "First Strike." (This makes me wish even more that they didn't take Elizabeth off the show. I would have loved to see more scenes with Elizabeth and Jennifer, as well as with Teyla. We would have had seen some very strong female friendships here.) If Carson was alive and told John the news, then I think he might have understood even more, considering how he was a very close friend and would have known them for three years by then.
        sigpic
        Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
        View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
          If you're asking if Jennifer could see John's devastation and grief, then yes to your question.
          Well yes, and also if she was able to see there were certain feelings there. I was never quite sure of that.

"Adrift" was only her second episode, and she hadn't gotten to know neither John nor Elizabeth very well yet,
          Oh yes, you have a point there. I haven’t considered that.

If Carson was alive and told John the news, then I think he might have understood even more
          Oh yes, if it had been Carson there instead of Jennifer, it would have been a whole different story.
          sigpic
          sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

I red this one before, it was one of the two I mentioned, I found it absolutely amazing!

So cute!
            I think Keller knew he cared about Elizabeth or she wouldn't have been so sweet and gentle with him. Whether she thought the feelings were romantic is another story. And oh yes, John was probably upset that now he would have to run the city, or maybe that woobie face was concern that the city was damaged and the whole expedition was in danger.

I'll be here for Vengeance. I'm hoping I can get rid of the headache I got from trying to figure out the scan function on my new printer. Otherwise, the snark might be a bit too edgy.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              I think Keller knew he cared about Elizabeth or she wouldn't have been so sweet and gentle with him.
              True.

And oh yes, John was probably upset that now he would have to run the city, or maybe that woobie face was concern that the city was damaged and the whole expedition was in danger.
              Oh yeah, what was I thinking. How foolish of me to think other things might be happening in his head (heart).
              sigpic

Comment

S-minus 30 minutes to Vengeance!

I think I would answer yes to your question if you're asking if Jennifer could see John's devastation and grief. As a medical doctor, she would have been able to perceive those emotions when she broke out the news to John. However, in regards to if she saw Sparky!, I don't think so. "Adrift" was only her second episode, and she hadn't gotten to know neither John nor Elizabeth very well yet, not to mention the rest of the team. In fact, I think the only time she talked to Elizabeth was in the beginning of "First Strike." (This makes me wish even more that they didn't take Elizabeth off the show. I would have loved to see more scenes with Elizabeth and Jennifer, as well as with Teyla. We would have had seen some very strong female friendships here.) If Carson was alive and told John the news, then I think he might have understood even more, considering how he was a very close friend and would have known them for three years by then.
                Not necessarily. In fact, that initial exchange between Keller and Weir in First Strike appears to imply that Keller's been there for quite a while. I'm gonna bold a few key lines:

WEIR: Doctor Keller. How is my Head of Medicine?

KELLER: Uh, Acting Head of Medicine, actually, and that’s kinda what I wanted to talk to you about.

WEIR: What’s up?

(She leads Keller into a transporter. The doors close and Elizabeth pushes the back panel. The transporter begins to move, so they’re obviously not going far and the transporter is acting as an elevator.)

KELLER: Uh, I need to be replaced.

WEIR: Excuse me?

KELLER: Look, after Carson ...

(She trails off, unable to say the words. Elizabeth nods understandingly as the transporter/elevator arrives at its destination and the doors open. The women walk out.)

KELLER: ... someone had to step up and take over, and I’m glad to help out, don’t get me wrong, but I’m not qualified to run a department of this size. You -- you need someone ... better.

WEIR: Everyone down there says you’re doing great.

KELLER: Well, (a) I’m not sure that’s true, and (b) it’s been pretty smooth sailing over the last few weeks. I think I’ve been lucky.

WEIR: Well, the I.O.A. are reviewing candidates but, to be honest, they’re not that great at making quick decisions.
                It's clear that Keller's been in charge for several weeks at least since the events of Sunday. Keller's comments about being the ACTING Head of Medicine and that "someone had to step up and take over" also make it clear that she was working in Atlantis long before the events of Sunday, as this was an in-house field promotion of an individual with experience and tenure. While we never found out exactly when she started working in the city, Ronon makes a comment to Keller in Season 4's Quarantine about his recollection of her arrival, which means she obviously did not show up until after he did in Season 2's Runner, and thus we do know she wasn't part of the original expedition team in Season 1.

Basically, it seems that Keller is probably supposed to have been in Atlantis for at least a year or so prior to FS, we just hadn't seen her until FS. Like I said during the Sunday post-a-thon, bad planning on TPTW's part; they could at least have had Keller show up as the lone doc on duty in the Infirmary that Carson relieved when everyone else bailed on his fishing trip plans.

The moral of the story: Always do your research.

Now, getting back to the original question, did Keller know Sheppard cared about Weir?

If the theory about Keller having been in Atlantis for months/a year before FS is correct, then yes, I think she would've noticed their close friendship. Whether she thought there might have been more there is debatable, but then, so much of the Sparky moments can just as easily be interpreted as a very close friendship as they can with romantic feelings.

I'll be here for Vengeance. I'm hoping I can get rid of the headache I got from trying to figure out the scan function on my new printer. Otherwise, the snark might be a bit too edgy.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  S-minus 30 minutes to Vengeance!

Not necessarily. In fact, that initial exchange between Keller and Weir in First Strike appears to imply that Keller's been there for quite a while. I'm gonna bold a few key lines:

It's clear that Keller's been in charge for several weeks at least since the events of Sunday. Keller's comments about being the ACTING Head of Medicine and that "someone had to step up and take over" also make it clear that she was working in Atlantis long before the events of Sunday, as this was an in-house field promotion of an individual with experience and tenure. While we never found out exactly when she started working in the city, Ronon makes a comment to Keller in Season 4's Quarantine about his recollection of her arrival, which means she obviously did not show up until after he did in Season 2's Runner, and thus we do know she wasn't part of the original expedition team in Season 1.

Basically, it seems that Keller is probably supposed to have been in Atlantis for at least a year or so prior to FS, we just hadn't seen her until FS. Like I said during the Sunday post-a-thon, bad planning on TPTW's part; they could at least have had Keller show up as the lone doc on duty in the Infirmary that Carson relieved when everyone else bailed on his fishing trip plans.

The moral of the story: Always do your research.

Now, getting back to the original question, did Keller know Sheppard cared about Weir?

If the theory about Keller having been in Atlantis for months/a year before FS is correct, then yes, I think she would've noticed their close friendship. Whether she thought there might have been more there is debatable, but then, so much of the Sparky moments can just as easily be interpreted as a very close friendship as they can with romantic feelings.

Good recollections on Keller. They did try to make us believe she'd been around for a while. I always liked her relationship with John. She seemed to genuinely like and respect him. Well, except for when she made that crack about playing with his insides, but let's face it, John could be very irreverent at times, so maybe she was just trying to keep up. She obviously knew he had a close relationship with Elizabeth and treated him like the next of kin. It gave the appearance of ship, even if that wasn't intended.

So, I'm ready to go. A nice hot cup of Green tea got rid of the headache, and the new printer seems to have scanned properly in spite of me and Mr. SR. Sometimes my method of "let's push this button and see what happens" works better than his careful reading of the manual and following directions step by step. Personally, I don't speak manual, so my method works most of the time.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I will be able to be here for ‘Vengeance’ as well.

-----------

About Keller and the ‘Adrigt’ scene - I’m also feeling that with all of the bad guys being able to tell that there is more than just a working relationship between John and Elizabeth after only a short while in their presence then maybe someone who lives there and with them for a while longer would notice the same thing.

Either way I’ll give her props for how she handled it, and how Carson also handled it in the earlier seasons.

---------------

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                    Vegas fic:

"blind and waiting for you" by bluediamond421

This one is rated "mild R". Not sure if that's ok. "and I will sin no more" by Anuna
                    Loved reading those fics, thanks for bringing them over.
                    sigpic

Comment

S-minus 15 minutes to Vengeance!

Good recollections on Keller. They did try to make us believe she'd been around for a while. I always liked her relationship with John. She seemed to genuinely like and respect him. Well, except for when she made that crack about playing with his insides, but let's face it, John could be very irreverent at times, so maybe she was just trying to keep up. She obviously knew he had a close relationship with Elizabeth and treated him like the next of kin. It gave the appearance of ship, even if that wasn't intended.
                      Sparky is on screen, therefore it is canon. *smirks*

So, I'm ready to go. A nice hot cup of Green tea got rid of the headache, and the new printer seems to have scanned properly in spite of me and Mr. SR. Sometimes my method of "let's push this button and see what happens" works better than his careful reading of the manual and following directions step by step. Personally, I don't speak manual, so my method works most of the time.
                      *cackles*

Comment

i'm here and have my dvd ready
                        My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Keller probably started working in Atlantis after “The Progeny”, because in “This Mortal Coil”, Rodney says something to Replicator Keller that a year ago Carson was the head of medicine and that Keller hadn’t arrived yet to Atlantis. And I agree Keller should have been the lone doctor on duty on Sunday episode.
                          sigpic

Comment

Keller probably started working in Atlantis after “The Progeny”, because in “This Mortal Coil”, Rodney says something to Replicator Keller that a year ago Carson was the head of medicine and that Keller hadn’t arrived yet to Atlantis. And I agree Keller should have been the lone doctor on duty on Sunday episode.
                            Aha! I'd missed that one, thanks for pointing it out. Okay, so a little sooner, but in the grand scheme of things, not by much. It still means that Keller was in Atlantis for probably around nine months or so prior to First Strike.

Comment

S-minus 5 minutes to Vengeance!

Comment

I'm here... ready to hit play.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X