No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
    *tacklehugs SW* Hi!

I came home from work early today, thinking I had a stomach bug (took some Midol, feel better, think maybe it isn't a bug after all....whoops...yay for a paid day off LOL) and spent the day re-reading my LJ posts as far back as 2009. All I can say is some things STILL haven't changed LOL....and I remember now squeeing about SGA when I started watching and about Sparky. THAT hasn't changed and that makes me happy.

I wrote a little Sparky drabblish thing for the dailyfics challenge over there...thought I'd share. I may have to flesh it out and make a real fic out of it some day....
    Squee! That's so cute!

Sparky never gets old.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    And who do they call for when they've just thrown up? Not Dad, that's for sure. SR Jr. used to come in, stand by his dad's side of the bed and try to pry his eyes open. I think he knew better than to try that with me.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

sigpic
      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

I wrote a little Sparky drabblish thing for the dailyfics challenge over there...thought I'd share. I may have to flesh it out and make a real fic out of it some day....
        I liked this one. But you should definitely make a real fic out of this one.

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
        That would be awesome!
        One of the Vegas fics I was talking about, you already found it, I sent you a PM with the link of the other one. It is rated R so I am not sure if I can post it here.
        sigpic
        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
          One of the Vegas fics I was talking about, you already found it, I sent you a PM with the link of the other one. It is rated R so I am not sure if I can post it here.
          R & M/NC-17 have to be linked to the author's profile.

As I look for the little fic I can maybe add to all these lists that there in fact Kate fics that I haven't read yet... this is a very pleasant surprise. However, out of 293 results I'm not even going to be able to put half up for a list since well most of them have one or more references to a gay relationship.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*tacklehugs SW* Hi!

I came home from work early today, thinking I had a stomach bug (took some Midol, feel better, think maybe it isn't a bug after all....whoops...yay for a paid day off LOL) and spent the day re-reading my LJ posts as far back as 2009. All I can say is some things STILL haven't changed LOL....and I remember now squeeing about SGA when I started watching and about Sparky. THAT hasn't changed and that makes me happy.

SQUEE!! That's awesome!

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
            I already suggested this fic for that thread, and it's already on there, but I'll link it here for anyone who wants to read it: it's called First Impressions. Gave me some great laughs.
            That's a good one! I still need to go searching for the Vegas fic. Had a bad night last night, and didn't feel like it.

There's a set of animated gifs from Adrift going around Tumblr. I had to share because they show the emotion on John's face so clearly.

Spoiler:

OMG, look at his face!!!

Comment

Vegas fic:

"blind and waiting for you" by bluediamond421

This one is rated "mild R". Not sure if that's ok. "and I will sin no more" by Anuna

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                Vegas fic:

This one is rated "mild R". Not sure if that's ok. "and I will sin no more" by Anuna
                Love that story of Anuna's and I hadn't read the other one. Thanks for posting those.
                The .gifs were a great reminder also of just how powerful John's emotions were in that scene.
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Love that story of Anuna's and I hadn't read the other one. Thanks for posting those.
                  The .gifs were a great reminder also of just how powerful John's emotions were in that scene.
                  Yeah I especially love the one right before the cut where he's blinking his eyes a lot and his mouth quivers. My poor baby.

Comment

Vegas fic:

I enjoyed both of these, too. I always get so inspired by fics like these; their deeper meaning and profound character study always leave me in awe. I sincerely hope that I can write something that's even a fraction of what these fics are one day.

Edit: Yea, my 100th post! And a promotion!
                    sigpic
                    Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
                    View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Vegas fic:

Wow, thank you! I already have Anuna's fic in my list. But the other one I have never read before. Awesome!

And R-rated fic is OK, as well as NC-17-rated fic. The only rule regarding such fic seems to be that we should link to author's profile rather than to the fic itself.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and S-minus 5 hours and 50 minutes until the Vengeance post-a-thon! Hope you've all stocked up on bug spray!

Yeah I especially love the one right before the cut where he's blinking his eyes a lot and his mouth quivers. My poor baby.
                        That mouth quiver gets me every time. Two more weeks until we get there on the post-a-thon.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

ah, the interruptions

sigpic

Comment

That was great and really sweet. I can just imagine that they could have had a morning like that a few years in the future.

There's a set of animated gifs from Adrift going around Tumblr. I had to share because they show the emotion on John's face so clearly.

Spoiler:

OMG, look at his face!!!

Oh my, that whole scene really is just heartbreaking and it’s amazing how John facial expression says so much without him even having to open his mouth. Just heartbreaking.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            That mouth quiver gets me every time. Two more weeks until we get there on the post-a-thon.
                            Those are going to be some difficult episodes to watch ad even worse because we know that there is nothing good happening after them.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm glad you all enjoyed the little ficlet...I think I am going to have to turn it into something more.

Nolamom that is SOOO cute!

I should be able to make it for the postathon today....it's a Dad weekend for the boys, I got the wireless thing working on my laptop and I have a couch in my living room (finally)!!!! woo hooo!!!!!!!!
                              My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                              sigpic

Comment

If all goes well, I could be here too... depending on how my evening progresses of course.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X