• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck with the job search, FH.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    Those are perfect!!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

OMG, the one in the hot tub is just precious!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

sigpic
        Save a Man-of-War, ride a Commodore.

Comment

Hello everyone!

I heard these expressions on the radio today “behind a great man there is a great woman” and “behind a great woman there is a great man” and immediately Sparky came to my mind. How would you apply these expressions to Sparky? Do they apply to them?
          sigpic
          sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
            Hello everyone!

I heard these expressions on the radio today “behind a great man there is a great woman” and “behind a great woman there is a great man” and immediately Sparky came to my mind. How would you apply these expressions to Sparky? Do they apply to them?
            Not as intended, because neither is technically "behind" the other. That expression usually means behind the great one, there is a supportive significant other who takes a back seat. That's not true of Sparky because they each have a job to do and do it together. They are equal halves of a whole. IMHO, of course.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

i'm reminded of an ncis episode where Shepard (the director) and gibbs were arguing and abby was like "The kids don't like it when Mommy and daddy fight!" and it reminded of me of sparky whenever they were having one of their little squabbles.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                Lets hope your job search doesn't take too long.
                I have an interview scheduled next week wednesday.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Good luck finding just the perfect spot for you. ((hugs))
                At the moment I don't even know what that is, so finding it will be a challenge. However, I do have plans of going back to school next year (evening classes) and do 3 years of IT.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

At the moment I don't even know what that is, so finding it will be a challenge. However, I do have plans of going back to school next year (evening classes) and do 3 years of IT.
                  Good for you. SR Jr. is in IT and doing very well. There are lots of jobs in the area over here.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Not as intended, because neither is technically "behind" the other. That expression usually means behind the great one, there is a supportive significant other who takes a back seat. That's not true of Sparky because they each have a job to do and do it together. They are equal halves of a whole. IMHO, of course.
                    What made me connect these expressions to Sparky was the fact that i consider Elizabeth a great woman, but i don’t think either John and Elizabeth are greater than one another, both of them are great leaders and persons on their own way. They are equals to one another, they complement each other, if any expression would fit perfectly them, would be “they are the better half of each other”, no doubt about it, because they complement each other, they are able to learn from each other and what might be missing in one of them is easy filled /complemented by the other.

Elizabeth was sort of an atypical female lead and John was such a perfect complement, and both were incredibly smart, complicated, caring individuals.

They allow the other to see not just the strength, but the weakness.
                    They are both very strong people who hold firmly in what they believe in and don't back down.

So yeah, to me, these expressions do not apply to them.
                    sigpic
                    sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Good for you. SR Jr. is in IT and doing very well. There are lots of jobs in the area over here.
                      Lots of IT-jobs keep popping up in my feed so I'm steering myself in that direction, I do love me some IT.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

sigpic
                        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by scary kitty View Post
                          channeling your inner obi-wan you are, hmm?
                          I just couldn't resist.
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Morgania View Post
                            How did they know everything we did last Tuesday, John?

I guess Rodney forgot to turn off the security cameras like I asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              That's GREAT!!! Good luck, FH!!!!

Comment

Very cute.

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                                Hello everyone!

One of ShipperWriter's sigs comes to mind: togetherwestand.jpg

(Edit: First time inserting an image. I downloaded the file first and then clicked the "insert image" button to upload it. Does anyone know how to make the image bigger, or is there another better way to insert images?)

Speaking of ShipperWriter, has anyone seen her around lately? It feels like she hasn't been around for quite a while and that this thread is missing someone.
                                Last edited by Sequoia Hope; 26 February 2013, 08:33 PM.
                                sigpic
                                Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
                                View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Working...
                                X