Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
    Remind me, what is her side of the story?
    Read the interview. It's all there.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

read the interview thought it was very interesting
      sigpic
      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        I'm surprised that nobody came around yesterday to enjoy smutty Tuesday. Maybe we'll have a better turnout today. Surely there's something Sparky related to talk about.

I just found an article on FB about the schedule on SyFy for S1 SGA in Feb. and look at how they have manipulated this picture. There is Sparky all snuggled up together just as they should be. The PS job is terrible, but we'll take it. LOL

Ha! I thought the same exact thing when I saw that yesterday.

Torri's interview was great. I was one of the people there for her. Well, her and Joe.... being able to see them both at the same place. She's so adorable. She liked my "Bermuda rum bum" shirt. And Joe is super warm. I'm always warm, and he felt warm even to me.

Comment

*SIGH* Chicago con last year was fun. I haven't seen Irish Eyes or pkprd869 around lately. They were my con buddies.

Comment

Hello everyone! Didn’t get the chance to stop by on either Monday or Tuesday because I got home so late.

I love the new interview with Torri, it’s just great to read interviews people who gives good, throughout yet funny answers. I really hope after reading it though that we’ll get to see her in some new projects soon because I miss her and her amazing talent.

Anyone who thinks they don't like each other is welcome to study this slideshow I made using KrisRussel's wonderful pics from the Marseilles con. If you want to be able to click on the little arrows and get full screen, go here. Then you can see when he reaches over and pulls her chair closer, and witness up close that the amazing chemistry between them extends to RL also without any nasty RPS vibes.

https://vimeo.com/31854513
            I just love that video and those photos, well, I loved all the videos and photos we got from that con, they really showed that the actor chemistry is still there and that we didn’t imagine it when we were watching the show.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            That's not crazy, that's brilliant! That would've been a fantastic way to deal with all of those issues. It seemed like Elizabeth's nanites were totally forgotten about until TPTW needed them for Adrift/Lifeline. The path you've suggested would've showed that Elizabeth, Rodney and everyone else were still thinking about them, even outside of the episodes where they were actually a plot point and in turn given more depth to the nanite/ascension storyline as a whole.
            Thank you, it was just one of those things that occurred to me because it seem to have fitted well with the theme of the episode. It was just like Teyla’s wraith gene, one of those things that tend to come up when it was needed instead of using them to help develop the characters, because I can imagine that for both of them, living with things within them that comes from the enemy so to speak must have been very hard to deal with and who knows, could have even brought the two of them closer together.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              Ha! I thought the same exact thing when I saw that yesterday.

Torri's interview was great. I was one of the people there for her. Well, her and Joe.... being able to see them both at the same place. She's so adorable. She liked my "Bermuda rum bum" shirt. And Joe is super warm. I'm always warm, and he felt warm even to me.
              He is, isn't he? I think others have said the same thing. When I got my hug, he had just taken off his sweater and was a bit moist. But in a very good way. It was like snuggling up to a furnace.

Speaking of hot things, I have recently stumbled upon the show "Justified" and have been pigging out on the first 3 seasons. Deputy U.S. Marshall Raylan Givens is Vegas Sheppard in a cowboy hat. He is the deeply flawed hero that they should have allowed Sheppard to be. Check it out on FX, but beware of the MA rating. They really mean it.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                Thank you, it was just one of those things that occurred to me because it seem to have fitted well with the theme of the episode. It was just like Teyla’s wraith gene, one of those things that tend to come up when it was needed instead of using them to help develop the characters, because I can imagine that for both of them, living with things within them that comes from the enemy so to speak must have been very hard to deal with and who knows, could have even brought the two of them closer together.
                More opportunities for BFF bonding between Elizabeth and Teyla. That would've been awesome!

He is, isn't he? I think others have said the same thing. When I got my hug, he had just taken off his sweater and was a bit moist. But in a very good way. It was like snuggling up to a furnace.
                Warm!Joe... Mmmm...

*shakes self* Oh sorry! Where was I?...

Speaking of hot things, I have recently stumbled upon the show "Justified" and have been pigging out on the first 3 seasons. Deputy U.S. Marshall Raylan Givens is Vegas Sheppard in a cowboy hat. He is the deeply flawed hero that they should have allowed Sheppard to be. Check it out on FX, but beware of the MA rating. They really mean it.
                Hmm, I may have to check that one out.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Hello everyone! Didn’t get the chance to stop by on either Monday or Tuesday because I got home so late.

I love the new interview with Torri, it’s just great to read interviews people who gives good, throughout yet funny answers. I really hope after reading it though that we’ll get to see her in some new projects soon because I miss her and her amazing talent.
                  I've been too tired from working most of the month by myself to post much. I guess it's finally starting to catch up with me.

It was an interesting interview with Torri. I too would like to see her in something soon. Hopefully her character will make another appearance or two on NCIS.
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I'm surprised that nobody came around yesterday to enjoy smutty Tuesday. Maybe we'll have a better turnout today. Surely there's something Sparky related to talk about.

I just found an article on FB about the schedule on SyFy for S1 SGA in Feb. and look at how they have manipulated this picture. There is Sparky all snuggled up together just as they should be. The PS job is terrible, but we'll take it. LOL

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...psd8a3a857.jpg
                    I, too, was scratching my head at why it was so quiet yesterday. Nice banner, though; it's clear that the designers recognized Elizabeth's role in order to place her in the front. After all, in Seasons 1-3, she was the leading lady, and she should be placed right next to her leading man.

I looked up the SyFy schedule for Atlantis. Maybe it's just me, but there's something different about watching a show when it shows on TV and not on DVD. I guess that watching reruns on a channel makes you remember back to the time when the show first aired (even though I wasn't old enough to watch Stargate back then), and everything was better then than it is now. I'd watch them if I could; I might be able to catch one or two of the 11 pm ones, but there's no way that I'm staying up until 2 am to watch even "The Storm." Unless anyone here is a night owl, I don't think that anyone here would want to stay up so late, either.

I was just going to post about that interview. It is a new one and interesting how consistent she is about her reason for leaving. Lots of people have tried to assign other motives and/or reasons but here it is directly from Torri.
                    I have to admit, I was so excited when I saw that new interview on the home page of GateWorld. I've been hoping for forever that they would schedule an interview with Torri soon, especially since it's been over five years since the last one. It's great to know that she still has Sedge, and even though she's explained this already on so many other occasions, it was still nice to read about her thoughts on what happened with her character after she left the show. I felt that she was at liberty to say a bit more about this in this interview than the one conducted in September 2007, which was done before she left the show after Season 3. I also found it interesting that the question, "What is Elizabeth's legacy?" was asked again in this interview, because it was also asked in the September 2007 one. She gave a different response this time around, and though I liked this one more, I think that both answers she gave could be combined to make up the whole.

Changing topics now, but I have... well, I don't want to call it a "confession," but I feel that there is something that I need to tell members of this thread. Please read.
                    Spoiler:
                    Several months ago, I made the decision to join this thread, one of the reasons being that this was a place that was pro-Sparky. Moreover, though, I also appreciated how this was also a place where I could talk about and learn more about the show, the characters, and the actors and not have to worry about sounding too pedantic. My family and I all enjoy watching Atlantis, but it's sometimes difficult for me to talk to them about the reasons that I love the show and the characters, because for the most part, they just watch it for entertainment and aren't interested in making a lecture over a TV show. I appreciate how on this thread, there are people who understand me and value what I have to say.

However, ever since I joined this thread, I've felt like I've been hiding behind a curtain. There have been many times when I've wanted to contribute to a discussion, whether or whether not it was Atlantis or Sparky-related, then decided against it out of fear of revealing too much about who l am. I initially thought that protecting my personal identity would make me feel more secure, but for some strange reason, I've been feeling kind of uneasy doing so. This thread is such a thought-provoking, accepting, and at times, hilarious place to be in, and I feel guilty feeling that I need to hide who I am, especially when I consider myself to be a relatively active member of this thread.

I understand that this thread, and perhaps this forum as a whole, is mainly comprised of adults, and I don't know if this is the general assumption that many members make about other members. I think that it can sometimes be difficult to judge how old a person is just based on their writing, because a person's writing voice can sometimes be misleading. I know that I generally use a formal tone of voice when I write, and I have a feeling that it might be a bit difficult to tell how old I am based on that. Please understand that I've never intended to mislead anyone, and I hope that I don't surprise anyone too badly when I say that I am actually a high school student.

I felt the need to write all this mainly to make it clear that I am perhaps one of the youngest members of this thread, and I am truly sorry if I have deceived anyone. I only hope that you can all understand why I chose to hide my identity in the first place and don't judge me for it, and I hope that you are all still willing to accept me as a member of this thread.
                    Last edited by Sequoia Hope; 31 January 2013, 12:32 AM.
                    sigpic
                    Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
                    View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post

Changing topics now, but I have... well, I don't want to call it a "confession," but I feel that there is something that I need to tell members of this thread. Please read.
                      Spoiler:
                      Several months ago, I made the decision to join this thread, one of the reasons being that this was a place that was pro-Sparky. Moreover, though, I also appreciated how this was also a place where I could talk about and learn more about the show, the characters, and the actors and not have to worry about sounding too pedantic. My family and I all enjoy watching Atlantis, but it's sometimes difficult for me to talk to them about the reasons that I love the show and the characters, because for the most part, they just watch it for entertainment and aren't interested in making a lecture over a TV show. I appreciate how on this thread, there are people who understand me and value what I have to say.

However, ever since I joined this thread, I've felt like I've been hiding behind a curtain. There have been many times when I've wanted to contribute to a discussion, whether or whether not it was Atlantis or Sparky-related, then decided against it out of fear of revealing too much about who l am. I initially thought that protecting my personal identity would make me feel more secure, but for some strange reason, I've been feeling kind of uneasy doing so. This thread is such a thought-provoking, accepting, and at times, hilarious place to be in, and I feel guilty feeling that I need to hide who I am, especially when I consider myself to be a relatively active member of this thread.

I understand that this thread, and perhaps this forum as a whole, is mainly comprised of adults, and I don't know if this is the general assumption that many members make about other members. I think that it can sometimes be difficult to judge how old a person is just based on their writing, because a person's writing voice can sometimes be misleading. I know that I generally use a formal tone of voice when I write, and I have a feeling that it might be a bit difficult to tell how old I am based on that. Please understand that I've never intended to mislead anyone, and I hope that I don't surprise anyone too badly when I say that I am actually a high school student.

I felt the need to write all this mainly to make it clear that I am perhaps one of the youngest members of this thread, and I am truly sorry if I have deceived anyone. I only hope that you can all understand why I chose to hide my identity in the first place and don't judge me for it, and I hope that you are all still willing to accept me as a member of this thread.
                      Protecting your identity is a very good idea online. We all do it to a certain extent. I talk a lot about myself but notice that I use code names for my husband (Mr. SR) and my son (SR Jr) and don't give out my real name unless I feel I know someone very well. There are people on here that I've known for years that I know virtually nothing about and that's fine.

As the oldest member on here, I can say that there hasn't been even a hint of age discrimination, and no matter how many goofs I make in using what I think is up to date slang, no one ever corrects me. LOL You write very well for any age, so unless you had confessed, we would never have known just how young you are. We've had high school posters before, and for the most part they have been very articulate, proving that Sparky attracts the smartest shippers.
                      sigpic

Comment

Protecting your identity is a very good idea online. We all do it to a certain extent. I talk a lot about myself but notice that I use code names for my husband (Mr. SR) and my son (SR Jr) and don't give out my real name unless I feel I know someone very well. There are people on here that I've known for years that I know virtually nothing about and that's fine.

As the oldest member on here, I can say that there hasn't been even a hint of age discrimination, and no matter how many goofs I make in using what I think is up to date slang, no one ever corrects me. LOL You write very well for any age, so unless you had confessed, we would never have known just how young you are. We've had high school posters before, and for the most part they have been very articulate, proving that Sparky attracts the smartest shippers.
                        Ditto to everything she said.

None of us reveal terribly personal things on here, I don't think. Only a handful of the people here know my actual name. I've said I live in Rhode Island, but that hardly gives away anything (we may be the smallest state, but we have a higher population than many Mid-Western states).

Anyway, we welcome your thoughts on the thread.

Comment

I'm also probably one of the younger members of the thread.
                          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

I, too, was scratching my head at why it was so quiet yesterday. Nice banner, though; it's clear that the designers recognized Elizabeth's role in order to place her in the front. After all, in Seasons 1-3, she was the leading lady, and she should be placed right next to her leading man.
                            Got that right.

I looked up the SyFy schedule for Atlantis. Maybe it's just me, but there's something different about watching a show when it shows on TV and not on DVD. I guess that watching reruns on a channel makes you remember back to the time when the show first aired (even though I wasn't old enough to watch Stargate back then), and everything was better then than it is now. I'd watch them if I could; I might be able to catch one or two of the 11 pm ones, but there's no way that I'm staying up until 2 am to watch even "The Storm." Unless anyone here is a night owl, I don't think that anyone here would want to stay up so late, either.
                            Heh! Yeah, I'm not as young as I used to be, and there's no way I'm staying up until 2am to watch episodes when I've got 'em on DVD/Blu-ray and can watch them at a better time. But I definitely understand the nostalgia feeling you're describing. I certainly used to watch SGA reruns when SyFy had them in earlier timeslots. Good times.

As for your age and identity, I third SR and JT-2's comments; these days, it's imperative to protect your identity, online as well as offline. And honestly, I never guessed you were that young; your comments have always been insightfully mature and articulate, and we always value your contributions.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Got that right.

Heh! Yeah, I'm not as young as I used to be, and there's no way I'm staying up until 2am to watch episodes when I've got 'em on DVD/Blu-ray and can watch them at a better time. But I definitely understand the nostalgia feeling you're describing. I certainly used to watch SGA reruns when SyFy had them in earlier timeslots. Good times.

As for your age and identity, I third SR and JT-2's comments; these days, it's imperative to protect your identity, online as well as offline. And honestly, I never guessed you were that young; your comments have always been insightfully mature and articulate, and we always value your contributions.
                              And may I add that you have to get older, but you can always be immature? That's the motto I live by.
                              sigpic

Comment

Wow, i had never thought about it that way before. Interesting, Brie! Yeah, that is an awesome idea. Another opportunity wasted by the writers in which they could have developed the friendship between Elizabeth and Teyla, since they had this in common. Both of them have, at this point (Tao of Rodney’s episode), something from non human origin in their bodies.

Spoiler:

Well, i have to be honest, from all your posts, i would never imagine you were so young. But let me tell you one thing, although i am older, i would love to be able to write as you do, you are awesome at explaining your ideas. So your comments are always welcome!
                                sigpic
                                sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Working...
                                X