No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh my gosh!!!! They will begin showing reruns of SGA as of Tuesday, one episode every day!!!!! Too bad it is reruns of season 5, but it is better than nothing!!!!! It is the first time they show reruns of season 5. I never could get it (or maybe I do, ) why they never showed it before, because they used to show reruns after reruns after reruns of seasons 1 to 3. Season 4 was rerun only once too. They definitely know which seasons are the best!!!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    They never made it totally clear what was happening in John's head or the other person's head and what it all meant. Remember that Doppelganger was the first ep filmed that year. There was some disagreement on whether they knew at the time that RL was pregnant. I'm thinking no because there were too many Sheyla anvils. It was a muddled mess actually. Unusual for RCC, so I wonder if there was a lot of editing to fit the new plan. I know the John/Teyla scene in his room was cut a lot. Supposedly, they sat on his bed and talked. That could have been a foreshadowing of a relationship to be developed later. All speculation at this point.
    What!? We were supposed to have had more of John/Teyla on that episode?!!! Gosh, the bit we had was already a little bit too much for me, i don’t know if i would have standed much more. And once again i would like to praise the timing of RL’s pregnancy!!!

Or maybe part of it was how Joe was playing Sheppard as a sadder but wiser man who was determined not to lose any more friends if he could help it. He's going to the same lengths to save Rodney as he did to save Teyla in S4 and Ronon a number of times. Too bad they didn't include Elizabeth in the effort.
    Elizabeth was really the only one John ended up never trying to save. I can’t understand why did the writers decide to treat Elizabeth’s character so badly, I mean I just don’t get it. Even if they wanted her not to come back, they could have at least showed us some kind of attempting to rescue her, it could have been a failure of a rescue, but I think at least fans wouldn’t have been so angry and they would have showed that at least they still cared (a little bit) for Elizabeth. It is just not fair!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    I think so as well. He'd already had that near-miss with almost losing Teyla at the beginning of S5, I can see him being more... panicky doesn't seem like quite the right word, but there's a greater intensity to his feelings, like he's trying to hold onto the people he still has and he doesn't seem to care as much as he once did that he's being obvious about it.
    And probably by then he had also realised that he had already lost his most precious friend, without probably having told her anything about it, and now he was trying not to make the same mistake again.

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
    Hmm.... *getting an idea*
    Would you like to share?

Originally posted by Brie View Post
    It doesn’t feel like it’s been that long at the same time it feels like it was forever ago if that make sense? Either way it’s great that it’s still popular though and that it’s something that’s still around, both SGA and Sparky.
    To me it doesn’t seem that long, since I only came to know about SGA in 2011. But it is wonderful because in spite of it have been aired some time ago, there are still new fans showing up every day now.

Those were some great points. I never minded the idea of bring over Keller or Carter for that matter it was more of how it was done and we have discussed all of this before but you made some good points/observations. Keller I feel could have worked better had the not brought her in as a replacement for Carson but more as either what you wrote or maybe as a doctor in training who is sent to Atlantis to learn about fieldwork or something, I guess I feel that it wasn’t realistic to send someone who obviously had no to very little fieldwork experience to be in charge of a medical staff in another galaxy.
    I also wouldn’t have disagreed if they had brought Carter and Keller at the point they did, as long as they have kept the ones who “left” as well. It is always nice to meet new characters, but not on these circumstances.
    sigpic
    sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

The idea I'm getting is that I have to write "charming letters" to at least five people, and I'm toying with having one of these guys be written to...
      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        2. Pretty much. And if they'd tweaked the end slightly and said that everything from a certain point was all in John's head, then it would have been an amazing insight into his personality. He kills the psychologist because he doesn't want to talk about recent events, worries that Teyla thinks he's gonna kill her or hasn't forgiven him, thinks Lorne doesn't trust him, and is concerned that Rodney's hero-worshipping has gotten so out of hand that he is now also afraid of clowns.
        Gonna agree with everyone else that this is a brilliant idea.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        JT-2 doesn't need a flac vest.
        hampster-dance.gif

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
        Elizabeth was really the only one John ended up never trying to save. I can’t understand why did the writers decide to treat Elizabeth’s character so badly, I mean I just don’t get it. Even if they wanted her not to come back, they could have at least showed us some kind of attempting to rescue her, it could have been a failure of a rescue, but I think at least fans wouldn’t have been so angry and they would have showed that at least they still cared (a little bit) for Elizabeth. It is just not fair!
        I have said before they should have done a failed rescue episode (and scrapped one of the craptastic other season 4 eps). They wouldn't even need Torri for that. I still wouldn't have been happy about it, but it would have respected the characters better than what they did. It would have even helped the transition to Sam.

But Mallozzi and Mullie were too blinded by their own egos to treat the characters properly. Obviously we would all ADORE Sam no matter how she was written (because she was from SG-1 and everyone loves SG-1 much more than SGA - duh) so we wouldn't care about Elizabeth. And obviously we would all LOVE Keller because of Jewel, regardless of how she was written. /sarcasm

They fail to realize that proper writing does matter.
        Last edited by JT-2; 25 January 2013, 03:39 PM.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
            http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Shippiness/Stolen_moment.jpg
            What a lovely way to wake up. Thanks.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              I have said before they should have done a failed rescue episode (and scrapped one of the craptastic other season 4 eps). They wouldn't even need Torri for that. I still wouldn't have been happy about it, but it would have respected the characters better than what they did. It would have even helped the transition to Sam.

But Mallozzi and Mullie were too blinded by their own egos to treat the characters properly. Obviously we would all ADORE Sam no matter how she was written (because she was from SG-1 and everyone loves SG-1 much more than SGA - duh) so we wouldn't care about Elizabeth. And obviously we would all LOVE Keller because of Jewel, regardless of how she was written. /sarcasm

They fail to realize that proper writing does matter.
              Agreed. Even a failed rescue attempt would have been better than none at all. At least it would've kept John and Sam from looking like hypocrites.

*flails* SQUEE! That's just lovely! *flails some more*
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                The idea I'm getting is that I have to write "charming letters" to at least five people, and I'm toying with having one of these guys be written to...
                Well, I am very interested. Do go on!
                sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking writing these guys.
                  sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Hello everyone!

I love it. It looks like it’s a small moment between them when they have just snuck away for a while, it’s great.

Agreed. Even a failed rescue attempt would have been better than none at all. At least it would've kept John and Sam from looking like hypocrites.
                    I so agree with that, it always felt strange and very OOC that those two didn’t even try to do something.
                    sigpic

Comment

That's so nice!!

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Precisely!

I so agree with that, it always felt strange and very OOC that those two didn’t even try to do something.
                      Yup. It made sense when you knew the behind the scenes stuff. People who weren't in the know must have been scratching their heads.

I'm pretty sure I'll be available tomorrow for the post-a-thon, which is great because Tao of Rodney is my favorite episode.

Comment

It sure seems that the writers really wanted to doom Sparky and continue with their main plan of pairing John with Teyla, and that is why they elaborated all the events in order to make Elizabeth disappear and they made John not going after her so that everyone would think he did not care about her. But gladly the acting of JF and the pregnancy of RL once again destroyed their plans. I guess that is faith! I mean Sparky is meant to be, no matter if the writers like it or not! No one and nothing will be able to separate them!!!
                        sigpic
                        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                          Yup. It made sense when you knew the behind the scenes stuff. People who weren't in the know must have been scratching their heads.
                          Since I was only a watching fan and not someone who was involved with what went on BTS I can say that it made me very confused and pretty mad (the last part was because Elizabeth was my favorite character and it sucked not having her there anymore), I mean I did know that some people sometimes wants to leave for whatever reason but it was still confusing and everyone’s reaction to it didn’t help ease the confusion either.

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                          It sure seems that the writers really wanted to doom Sparky and continue with their main plan of pairing John with Teyla, and that is why they elaborated all the events in order to make Elizabeth disappear and they made John not going after her so that everyone would think he did not care about her. But gladly the acting of JF and the pregnancy of RL once again destroyed their plans. I guess that is faith! I mean Sparky is meant to be, no matter if the writers like it or not! No one and nothing will be able to separate them!!!
                          Haha, looked like faith was a Sparky fan. On the serious note you are right, and especially on the JF part, I mean we’ve said many times how awesome he is and was with the whole thing but I don’t think you can really repeat it enough, I can only imagine that it must have been hard for him as well, the way he played John Sheppard, because here he have spent three seasons building the character in a certain way and he have gotten used to the way Sheppard thinks and acts in different situations and suddenly the writers had Sheppard do something that was so against what the character stood for that it must have been confusing and even a bit frustrating for JF as well, ok, so I don’t know if there is any truth to it but it’s how I think I would feel if I was an actor having played a role in a certain way for so long and then suddenly having to change the way I play the character, it wouldn’t be easy.
                          sigpic

Comment

Haha, looked like faith was a Sparky fan. On the serious note you are right, and especially on the JF part, I mean we’ve said many times how awesome he is and was with the whole thing but I don’t think you can really repeat it enough, I can only imagine that it must have been hard for him as well, the way he played John Sheppard, because here he have spent three seasons building the character in a certain way and he have gotten used to the way Sheppard thinks and acts in different situations and suddenly the writers had Sheppard do something that was so against what the character stood for that it must have been confusing and even a bit frustrating for JF as well, ok, so I don’t know if there is any truth to it but it’s how I think I would feel if I was an actor having played a role in a certain way for so long and then suddenly having to change the way I play the character, it wouldn’t be easy.
                            Oh yes, definitely. Faith was a Sparky fan, haha!

I believe that in a way all the actors must have been a little bit (a lot) confused with all the sudden changes, and so many (and bad ones) they were.
                            sigpic

Comment

I have a question for fandom veterans. Does a Sparky fic rec list exist? Not just a list with a few recs, but, like, a big, comprehensive fic rec list with all the 'classics' and 'must-reads' and fics sorted outn by popular tropes (baby!fic, first time!fic, fic based on specific episodes, etc)? 'Cause I've searched, but I haven't really found anything, which made me think I might have been looking in the wrong places. (I did find a few of McShep fic rec lists, though! And some nice long Sam/Jack and Jack/Daniel lists. But they're not quite what I was looking for, obviously.) I've found that such rec lists are a real treasure for any fandom newbie.

Comment

Haha, even from a girl’s POV those are good choices

Thanks for all of the pictures McBecklover, I especially like this picture

I think that it will make everyone happy.
                                Your welcome
                                I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
                                traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X