• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    That's a cool one.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

sigpic
      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Very cute!!

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
        []http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Sparky/SparkyBIS4.jpg[/]
        Such a great episode. Mallozzi is giving his thoughts on the season 5 episodes and it just brings back to me how inferior season 5 was, especially when compared with season 1.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

]http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Fun%20gifs/Daniel_Feeds_Fish.gif
          Awww!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          Such a great episode. Mallozzi is giving his thoughts on the season 5 episodes and it just brings back to me how inferior season 5 was, especially when compared with season 1.
          Indeed. There's definitely something to be said for having a plan for where you're going with a story, as they did in Season 1.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Awww!

Indeed. There's definitely something to be said for having a plan for where you're going with a story, as they did in Season 1.
            The only question I have is why they didn't come up with a new plan for any of the other seasons. Oh wait...they had one for S4, and just look how that turned out. ROTFLMAO!
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              The only question I have is why they didn't come up with a new plan for any of the other seasons. Oh wait...they had one for S4, and just look how that turned out. ROTFLMAO!
              *snerks* Funny, that.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

They definitely needed a plan and they definitely needed to have kept all the characters in the show!!! I will use spoiler tags because of the long post
                Spoiler:
                They definitely should not have made certain characters disappear!

They could have added the new characters (since they seem to want it so badly!) but still keep the same/current cast/characters. I can even imagine Carson going to Elizabeth and asking her if it would be possible to find a new chief medical doctor because he wanted to dedicate himself more to the Wraith research and he seemed not to be able to do both things or something like that, and then enter Dr. Keller. Things would definitely have worked so much better if Carson, along with Dr. Keller (I mean since they wanted so much to bring the character Dr. Keller to the show), had been there when the Plague showed up.

Michael could still have been able to steal Carson’s research in Misbegotten (and have done the same he did to the Athosians), including creating the clone of Carson (and then we would have two Carson, ).

In the case of Elizabeth, I think we have discussed the matter of having both Elizabeth and Carter on the show before, so I think I will not add much more about it at this point. So yeah, the stories from both seasons 4 and 5 would definitely have worked better if they had done it this way (or something like this ).

If they also didn’t have ideas in what concerned having all the characters on the show (the ones who “disappeared” and the ones that were added) they just needed to read/”listen” what the fans were “screaming” they wanted on the show, and just go from there. How hard would have been to do that? Sorry about the long post…
                sigpic
                sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

And no thought on Kate? She no fit into your long spoilered post?

Comment

Uh oh, the Lemming is annoyed... *starts handing out flak jackets*

Comment

sigpic
                      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Nice pic, I always had an issue with that episode though. Elizabeth is supposed to be passed out but she has her arm around John??????

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          And no thought on Kate? She no fit into your long spoilered post?
                          Hey, please don't hit me. LOL I mean if not i will never get inspired to talk about her part. You see a few posts back we talked about Elizabeth / Carter, now i focused my ideas on Carson / Keller, so probably next it will be Kate, just let me feel inspired about it, she is not forgotten, don't worry.
                          sigpic
                          sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            Well, that's because it was Mallozzi and Mullie doing the planning. These are the 2 geniuses who came up with The Tower and Irresponsible. If it wasn't a rip off of SG-1, they weren't too bright. (Warning, warning... Danger Will Robinson... My snark and sarcasm level is off the charts tonight. )

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                            They definitely needed a plan and they definitely needed to have kept all the characters in the show!!! I will use spoiler tags because of the long post
                            Spoiler:
                            They definitely should not have made certain characters disappear!

They could have added the new characters (since they seem to want it so badly!) but still keep the same/current cast/characters. I can even imagine Carson going to Elizabeth and asking her if it would be possible to find a new chief medical doctor because he wanted to dedicate himself more to the Wraith research and he seemed not to be able to do both things or something like that, and then enter Dr. Keller. Things would definitely have worked so much better if Carson, along with Dr. Keller (I mean since they wanted so much to bring the character Dr. Keller to the show), had been there when the Plague showed up.

Michael could still have been able to steal Carson’s research in Misbegotten (and have done the same he did to the Athosians), including creating the clone of Carson (and then we would have two Carson, ).

In the case of Elizabeth, I think we have discussed the matter of having both Elizabeth and Carter on the show before, so I think I will not add much more about it at this point. So yeah, the stories from both seasons 4 and 5 would definitely have worked better if they had done it this way (or something like this ).

If they also didn’t have ideas in what concerned having all the characters on the show (the ones who “disappeared” and the ones that were added) they just needed to read/”listen” what the fans were “screaming” they wanted on the show, and just go from there. How hard would have been to do that? Sorry about the long post…
                            I'll just say "ditto" to all that. As for Kate, they should have done it better if it had to be done. There were 3 main issues I had with her exit:

1. We'd just lost Carson and Elizabeth within the last few episodes. It was too much. You didn't need to "raise the stakes" for the audience at that point. It wasn't like Grodin in season 1, where it showed how dangerous everything was. We all knew from the rapidly changing cast that everyone was in danger (although if you had any inside knowledge you knew damn well they'd never kill Rodney or Sam).

2. Dying in a dream? That's almost as stupid as an exploding tumor.

3. Having Sam give the announcement, seeing how they had zero history together. And then add Jennifer telling Sam what a good job she did. ETA: They should have had Teyla make the announcement. Rachel would have been great and it would have made our little lemming's shippy heart beat faster.

Originally posted by Arya View Post
                            Nice pic, I always had an issue with that episode though. Elizabeth is supposed to be passed out but she has her arm around John??????
                            Well, wouldn't you?

I don't believe I've spoken to you before. Nice to meet you.
                            Last edited by JT-2; 24 January 2013, 06:53 PM.

Comment

Well, that's because it was Mallozzi and Mullie doing the planning. These are the 2 geniuses who came up with The Tower and Irresponsible. If it wasn't a rip off of SG-1, they weren't too bright. (Warning, warning... Danger Will Robinson... My snark and sarcasm level is off the charts tonight. )

I'll just say "ditto" to all that. As for Kate, they should have done it better if it had to be done. There were 3 main issues I had with her exit:

1. We'd just lost Carson and Elizabeth within the last few episodes. It was too much. You didn't need to "raise the stakes" for the audience at that point. It wasn't like Grodin in season 1, where it showed how dangerous everything was. We all knew from the rapidly changing cast that everyone was in danger (although if you had any inside knowledge you knew damn well they'd never kill Rodney or Sam).

3. Having Sam give the announcement, seeing how they had zero history together. And then add Jennifer telling Sam what a good job she did. ETA: They should have had Teyla make the announcement. Rachel would have been great and it would have made our little lemming's shippy heart beat faster.

Well, wouldn't you?

I don't believe I've spoken to you before. Nice to meet you.
                              1. Naturally - they looooved Sodney. Grodin was one of the few character deaths I can accept easily - it added something to the story, yet didn't feel forced.

2. Pretty much. And if they'd tweaked the end slightly and said that everything from a certain point was all in John's head, then it would have been an amazing insight into his personality. He kills the psychologist because he doesn't want to talk about recent events, worries that Teyla thinks he's gonna kill her or hasn't forgiven him, thinks Lorne doesn't trust him, and is concerned that Rodney's hero-worshipping has gotten so out of hand that he is now also afraid of clowns.

3. ZOMG, that is a brilliant idea. Not only would it have given Teyla some more screentime and an emotional scene, it would have showed Carter's sensitivity to the situation
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Uh oh, the Lemming is annoyed... *starts handing out flak jackets*
                                You better hope they cover every inch of your precious body.

JT-2 doesn't need a flac vest.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                                Grodin was one of the few character deaths I can accept easily - it added something to the story, yet didn't feel forced.
                                The look on Grodin's face when he realizes he's not getting out of that one... heartbreaking.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                                2. Pretty much. And if they'd tweaked the end slightly and said that everything from a certain point was all in John's head, then it would have been an amazing insight into his personality. He kills the psychologist because he doesn't want to talk about recent events, worries that Teyla thinks he's gonna kill her or hasn't forgiven him, thinks Lorne doesn't trust him, and is concerned that Rodney's hero-worshipping has gotten so out of hand that he is now also afraid of clowns.
                                YES!! THIS!! Very much this...

Gateraid also is not in need of a flac vest.

Comment

Working...
                                X