Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<caption removed>

I just had a look through the FAQs, it turns out what I wrote was not appropriate (aside from it being far from my best work). So instead.....

Sheppard: Again! How do you always win?

Weir: If you didn't keep going 'rock', I wouldn't always go 'paper'

Sheppard: Oh. Best of three?

Weir: Why not?

--/--

Sheppard: Dammit!

Weir: What did you expect? You still went 'rock'!
    Last edited by gateraid; 21 January 2013, 02:52 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
      wormhole travel confuses me a bit too...i started watching SG1 because RDA is awesome and AT is cute! lol

thanks
      Don't feel alone. Yesterday during the postathon, SK patiently explained why Lucius couldn't breathe under water while wearing the Ancient shield device, and I still don't get it, but I'm too to admit it.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Stargate%20Stuff/Office.jpg
      Sneaky bugger. Recently on Twitter, Adam Baldwin called Paul McGillion a "cheeky bugger." I'm not sure why, but I love it when my fandoms collide in RL.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Stargate%20Stuff/FullSize-sga0303-0033adj.jpg
        OMG, look at where Lizzeh's eyes are looking. She is totally checking out John's ass!

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        I quite liked how they tied that in, but I think that was pretty much the only time they did something like that, wasn't it? SG-1 tied that sort of stuff into the earlier episodes (Seth, Ra, Apophis etc all had their mythological backstories). Mind you, tying anything else into Atlantis would have been difficult
        Pretty much, yes. One of the things I've always liked about Stargate in general is how they took stories we today think of as myths and legends and recast them in the guise of being "alien visitations" and such. Rather fun.

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Stargate%20Stuff/Office.jpg
        Oh, check out that wallpaper! Lizzeh, you sneak!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Don't feel alone. Yesterday during the postathon, SK patiently explained why Lucius couldn't breathe under water while wearing the Ancient shield device, and I still don't get it, but I'm too to admit it.
        It'll come to you.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

OMG, look at where Lizzeh's eyes are looking. She is totally checking out John's ass!

Pretty much, yes. One of the things I've always liked about Stargate in general is how they took stories we today think of as myths and legends and recast them in the guise of being "alien visitations" and such. Rather fun.
          They even tied in the Asgard, which was kinda cool. I lol'd in s6 when Carter and Jonas fobbed off that reporter by saying there'd been an alien 'visitation' in 1978.

It'll come to you.
          It's a bit of a sci-fi conceit though - the same reasons it wouldn't work underwater would also render it useless on land, without the aid of a breathing device
          sigpic

Comment

They even tied in the Asgard, which was kinda cool. I lol'd in s6 when Carter and Jonas fobbed off that reporter by saying there'd been an alien 'visitation' in 1978.

It's a bit of a sci-fi conceit though - the same reasons it wouldn't work underwater would also render it useless on land, without the aid of a breathing device
            That's Ancient technology for you. There's always a flaw somewhere.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

See now that's what I was thinking too. I thought the way the coffee Rodney poured on himself in H&S ran right off, that water would do the same thing when Lucius was shoved into the barrel. Air, obviously was intended to get through. Still confused. Somebody needs to probably draw me a picture. I'm a visual learner.
              sigpic

Comment

See now that's what I was thinking too. I thought the way the coffee Rodney poured on himself in H&S ran right off, that water would do the same thing when Lucius was shoved into the barrel. Air, obviously was intended to get through. Still confused. Somebody needs to probably draw me a picture. I'm a visual learner.
                Gravity. Rodney's being dunked head/face first into a barrel of water. The water's already in the barrel, so it can't just run off onto the ground like the coffee could. It totally surrounds his head/face. I suppose some air could possibly get through the shield from the parts of him that's still out of the water, but that would depend on how "skin tight" the shield is, or if there's enough of a gap, an "air pocket," if you will, between the shield and his skin/clothes that would allow air to pass up his exposed neck and get to his face even while it's surrounded by water pressing in on the shield. Or something like that.

I can't draw. At least, not well enough.

Comment

I read the book, The Host by The Author of Twilight, and It is Cleaner then Twilight and Very
                  Well---Written. There Are No Vampires or Werewolves in the Book, instead there are Aliens
                  Who have Taken Over the World and Take Over The HUMANS, I Have Read The Host Several
                  Times. There is a movie of this book coming out two months. I Highly Recommend this book!!!

Comment

Gravity. Rodney's being dunked head/face first into a barrel of water. The water's already in the barrel, so it can't just run off onto the ground like the coffee could. It totally surrounds his head/face. I suppose some air could possibly get through the shield from the parts of him that's still out of the water, but that would depend on how "skin tight" the shield is, or if there's enough of a gap, an "air pocket," if you will, between the shield and his skin/clothes that would allow air to pass up his exposed neck and get to his face even while it's surrounded by water pressing in on the shield. Or something like that.

I can't draw. At least, not well enough.
                    sigpic

Comment

*cracks up*

Comment

Well I have been thinking if I should post this here or not, and I decided to post it. I mean it is something old, but it was also something I had never seen before, so I am wondering if someone in here also didn’t watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IntF0YX-mXY

Anyway, this link is from a video that is part of the behind the scenes, I am guessing, made after season one of SGA. They ask a few interesting questions in it,
                        Spoiler:
                        such as when they ask Joe with whom he thinks John is going to hook up, Teyla or Dr. Weir?!!!! And they also ask Torri if she will fight Teyla over John’s love?!!!! I know this is old and we all now what ended up happening, but never the less I found it interesting.

Let me give it a try, to see if I got it right. I think we can say that air can pass threw the personal shield but things that are solid or liquid can not, but if the space around the shield is deprived from air, such as in the case of having water around it or soil like Kolya explained, then the only air the person who will be using the shield will have will be, like SK said, the air that might still be left inside the shield, between the shield and the skin, so if the air inside the shield runs out, and if there isn’t any air around/outside the shield, to enter inside the shield, then the person inside the shield will not be able to receive the air from outside the shield, since the air was replaced by water or soil and will then suffocate. Did I say it right, or is my theory totally wrong?
                        sigpic
                        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          SGU is the illegitimate child few people talk about
                          I hink I have to agree. I have been reading with interest everyone's opinions on the three incarnations of the Stargate Franchise. I watched SG-1 from the beginning, lost track after a couple of years and then went back. I also watched Atlantis from the beginning. I was wary of SGU, mainly becaue I was upset because Atlantis had been cancelled to make way for it. when I heard Robert Carlyle was in it I made up my mind to give it a good go.

So I watched the first season and the first couple of the second. I have not finished it - although, for completeness' sake I will one day soon.

SGU was very different from the others which I do not mind per se, my problem came with the obvious fact that it was trying to emulate Battlestar Galactica. It was also a bit too on the "realistic" side - if you know what I mean. None of the characters particularly appealed to me either apart from Eli. It was definitely my least favourite of the three shows.

I, however, do feel that I can never fully comment on it until I have watched the rest as my husband has done - he says it got a lot better after I stopped watching. So I will go back one day and finish it. Perhaps I would have been more willing if the rumours of bringing Weir into SGU had come to pass.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by america126 View Post
                            I read the book, The Host by The Author of Twilight, and It is Cleaner then Twilight and Very
                            Well---Written. There Are No Vampires or Werewolves in the Book, instead there are Aliens
                            Who have Taken Over the World and Take Over The HUMANS, I Have Read The Host Several
                            Times. There is a movie of this book coming out two months. I Highly Recommend this book!!!
                            I bought The Host for my mom after she tore through the Twilight Saga in two weeks and she never got around to reading it. I however have been thinking about it but was worried that I'd be just as annoyed by Meyer's writing style...sounds like I might hafta give it a try though...
                            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                              Well I have been thinking if I should post this here or not, and I decided to post it. I mean it is something old, but it was also something I had never seen before, so I am wondering if someone in here also didn’t watch it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IntF0YX-mXY

Anyway, this link is from a video that is part of the behind the scenes, I am guessing, made after season one of SGA. They ask a few interesting questions in it,
                              Spoiler:
                              such as when they ask Joe with whom he thinks John is going to hook up, Teyla or Dr. Weir?!!!! And they also ask Torri if she will fight Teyla over John’s love?!!!! I know this is old and we all now what ended up happening, but never the less I found it interesting.
                              I had forgotten that. Good to see it again. Notice that Joe didn't argue that there was no possibility of him being matched with Weir. Everyone just acted like there really was a question of who he'd end up with.

Let me give it a try, to see if I got it right. I think we can say that air can pass threw the personal shield but things that are solid or liquid can not, but if the space around the shield is deprived from air, such as in the case of having water around it or soil like Kolya explained, then the only air the person who will be using the shield will have will be, like SK said, the air that might still be left inside the shield, between the shield and the skin, so if the air inside the shield runs out, and if there isn’t any air around/outside the shield, to enter inside the shield, then the person inside the shield will not be able to receive the air from outside the shield, since the air was replaced by water or soil and will then suffocate. Did I say it right, or is my theory totally wrong?
                              sigpic

Comment

I had forgotten that. Good to see it again. Notice that Joe didn't argue that there was no possibility of him being matched with Weir. Everyone just acted like there really was a question of who he'd end up with.
                                I was speechless when i heard them really asking those questions!!!! Yeah, he didn't argue and also didn't deny any possibility of it actually happening!

And have you noticed that they also mentioned the looks, i am guessing they are referring to John's looks towards Elizabeth!!!!
                                sigpic
                                sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Working...
                                X